PDA

View Full Version : Booking An ECW-Reunion Show...

Somebody's Gotta Die
01-22-2005, 10:31 AM
WWE-Based ECW-Reunion Show (Hardcore Rules):

Announcers
Paul Heyman & Joey Styles

Main Event
Cactus Jack vs. Terry Funk

- Let these two men go and pull out all the stops in a classic. Putting Foley over would be better, I think... Since conditioning is an issue for both men, I wouldn't make this match longer than 15-20 minutes...

Singles Grudge Match
Tommy Dreamer vs. Raven

- This was one of ECW's hottest feuds and signing Raven for a 1-time deal in order to put Dreamer over in the last match of his career can definitely be a big up on the show... I'd let these guys go for 15-20 minutes...

Singles Grudge Match
Sabu vs. Taz

- Another one of ECW's hottest feuds and signing Sabu for a 1-time deal could be huge. Putting either one over would be exciting in this match... I'd let these guys go for 15-20 minutes...

Tag-Team Table Elimination Match
Dudley Boyz (Bubba, D-Von, Spike) vs. Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho & Eddie Guerrero

- Let these men go... Could definitely be a classic... I'd personally like to put the Dudleys over in this one... This match could definitely go around the 30-minute mark...

High-Flying Hardcore Mayhem
Rey Mysterio vs. Rob Van Dam

- RVD seems like the logical choice in this one... It could definitely go down as a classic... I'd give these guys 20 minutes, no problem...

Battle of the Tanks
Rhyno vs. Mike Awesome

- Letting these men go will definitely lead to a classic... Signing Awesome for a 1-time deal would be pretty beneficial for the company... I'd put Rhyno over though... Give these guys about 10-15 minutes...

Cruiserweight Action
Tajiri vs. Nunzio

- I'd put Tajiri over but I'd also have them pull out all the stops and deliver an ECW-caliber cruiserweight matchup... This should be a done deal in about 7-8 minutes...

ECW Opener
Al Snow vs. Stevie Richards

- Just the 2 guys perfect to open an ECW show... I'd put either one over and just have this match as an exciting way to kick off the show... 5-8 minutes should be plenty for these guys to kick off the show...

Women in Action
Lita vs. Dawn Marie

- Give Lita the win in about 3-4 minutes... Pretty simple choice...

I'd also love to see a Lance Storm-Justin Credible match on the show, but with Storm's retirement and Credible's disappearance, that seems unlikely...

Justin Credible vs. Perry Saturn also seems like a good alternative...

Dave Youell
01-22-2005, 11:14 AM
Right I'm going to try and book this around the rumours and such i've been hearing recently about who may be showing up if the show happens at all.

Here goes:

Super Crazy Vs Tajiri Vs Rey in a 3 way dance

RVD Vs Lance Storm

Rhyno vs Tommy Dreamer

The Dudleys Vs New Jack and Spike Dudley

Al Snow Vs Stevie Richards

Taz Vs Benoit

Jericho Vs Eddie G

No more matches are need IMO as all of these would get at least 15 minutes in my book, this way they don't need to get any more peopl in (on the asumption that New Jack and Super Crazy do get signed) and that card card will produce A+ matches through out

Somebody's Gotta Die
01-22-2005, 10:59 PM
Right I'm going to try and book this around the rumours and such i've been hearing recently about who may be showing up if the show happens at all.

Here goes:

Super Crazy Vs Tajiri Vs Rey in a 3 way dance

RVD Vs Lance Storm

Rhyno vs Tommy Dreamer

The Dudleys Vs New Jack and Spike Dudley

Al Snow Vs Stevie Richards

Taz Vs Benoit

Jericho Vs Eddie G

No more matches are need IMO as all of these would get at least 15 minutes in my book, this way they don't need to get any more peopl in (on the asumption that New Jack and Super Crazy do get signed) and that card card will produce A+ matches through out

An ECW-Reunion show would indeed be very nice with New Jack and Super Calo, but the likes of Raven, Sabu and possibly even Mike Awesome are essential in producing an ECW show... And I think a Funk-Foley main event, regardless of how unlikely, would sell big and be an instant classic... Foley-Funk in 2005...

foodstampchamp
01-22-2005, 11:14 PM
I'd have Styles solo on commentary. There was a thread about this not too long ago. Here's the card I made.

RVD vs Jerry Lynn

Sabu vs The Sandman

Cactus Jack vs Terry Funk

Tommy Dreamer vs Raven

Mike Awesome vs Masato Tanaka

Little Guido vs Tajiri vs Super Crazy vs Taka Michinoku

Chris Jericho/Chris Benoit/Lance Storm vs Eddy Guerrero/Dean Malenko/2 Cold Scorpio

Rey Misterio/Juventud Guerrera vs Psychosis/Mr. Aguila

The Gangstas vs The Dudleys vs Balls Mahoney/Axl Rotten

Taz vs Rhyno

The Eliminators vs Hayabusa/Jinsei Shinzaki (I know they only appeared once but this would be an awesome tag match)

Battle of the Underdogs: Spike Dudley vs Mikey Whipwreck

Somebody's Gotta Die
01-23-2005, 09:57 AM
I'd have Styles solo on commentary. There was a thread about this not too long ago. Here's the card I made.

RVD vs Jerry Lynn

Sabu vs The Sandman

Cactus Jack vs Terry Funk

Tommy Dreamer vs Raven

Mike Awesome vs Masato Tanaka

Little Guido vs Tajiri vs Super Crazy vs Taka Michinoku

Chris Jericho/Chris Benoit/Lance Storm vs Eddy Guerrero/Dean Malenko/2 Cold Scorpio

Rey Misterio/Juventud Guerrera vs Psychosis/Mr. Aguila

The Gangstas vs The Dudleys vs Balls Mahoney/Axl Rotten

Taz vs Rhyno

The Eliminators vs Hayabusa/Jinsei Shinzaki (I know they only appeared once but this would be an awesome tag match)

Battle of the Underdogs: Spike Dudley vs Mikey Whipwreck

It would be a good idea to include some of the men I left off such as Sandman, Perry Saturn and Jerry Lynn, however there is no need to hire half the former ECW talent... WWE doesn't plan to go on such a big budget for this PPV...

Dave Youell
01-23-2005, 11:17 AM
The chances of any extra guys getting used are pretty slim, my card rules! So there!

Somebody's Gotta Die
01-23-2005, 01:15 PM
The chances of any extra guys getting used are pretty slim, my card rules! So there!

You still added the likes of Super Calo and a retired Lance Storm... An ECW show without Sabu, Sandman and Raven isn't really an ECW show at all...

Rob
01-23-2005, 01:35 PM
Taking into account this being a dream card with everyone on top of their game and not injured or shit.

Sabu vs. Taz

Dreamer vs. Raven

Dudley Boyz vs. New Jack and Spike Dudley

Tajiri vs. Myserio vs. Super Crazy

Cactus Jack and Mikey Whipwreck vs. Terry Funk and Justin Credible

Rob Van Dam vs. Lance Storm

Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho

Al Snow vs. Shane Douglas

Dean Malenko vs. Eddie Guerrero

foodstampchamp
01-23-2005, 02:53 PM
My card is pretty unrealistic, but I think if they let Heyman run wild on this one you'd see most of this talent. I know I refuse to buy the ppv if it's only WWE guys.

HeartBreakMan2k
01-23-2005, 03:01 PM
Dream card with everyone in their prime

Sabu vs. Taz (Taz goes over)

Dreamer vs. Raven (One shot deal for Raven, I'd like to him go over but for storyline purposed have Dreamer go over.)

Dudley Boyz vs. The Eliminators vs. New Jack and Spike Dudley (Stairway to hell with Dudleys going over)

Tajiri vs. Myserio vs. Super Crazy vs. Guido

Cactus Jack vs. Terry Funk

Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn

Chris Benoit vs. Dean Malenko

Al Snow and Eddie Guerrero vs. Chris Jericho and Lance Storm (just let these guys work)

Shane Douglas vs. Chris Candino

Innovator
01-23-2005, 03:04 PM
Dream Card:

Tajiri vs. Super Crazy vs. Psicosis

Dudley Boys vs. Impact Players

Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn

Double Jeopardy Match
Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho / Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko

"The Franchise" Shane Douglas vs. The Sandman

The Pitbulls (like I said dream card) vs. the Eliminators

Sabu vs. Taz