PDA

View Full Version : Buy or Sell- Bastista as top-tier maineventer.

jindrak
01-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Batista's stock is obviously on the rise, but will he reach that 'next-level' of superstardom and possibly headline major PPV's? The only strike against him is that he is 35. To his credit though, Batista's ring work and mic skills have significantly improved from when he was called up from OVW.

Batista is getting major face-pops from crowds, and it is rumored that a possible Batista vs Triple H at WM21 is in the works. With the slow build to this rumored match at WM, do you buy or sell Batista as a top-tier maineventer for the WWE future?

Hired Hitman
01-22-2005, 08:59 PM
He looks good, he has a reason to be liked or hated, looks strong, hits hard, he is a good brawler, Yes I think he will be a great Main Eventer.

I'd Buy that! (I love 'Buy or Sell' great title)

The CyNick
01-22-2005, 09:19 PM
This is a tough call. The fans like him now, and they obviously want to see him take down Hunter. But will they like him as a face? Can he carry a main event program?

If I were to guess, I'd say that he could be a decent success if the WWE takes a page out of the Goldberg playbook and pushes him to the moon. The trouble is that I dont think they'll even do that, so hell likely fail.

Dorkchop
01-22-2005, 09:43 PM
Totally buy.

The Answer
01-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Buy, he has evolved ;)

Mr. Nerfect
01-22-2005, 10:31 PM
These are a lot like those "Shoot or Sell" discussions I had a while back, except these are actually catching on. Congrats. :y:

Anyway, Big Hoss Daddy Dave, as I heard him refered to by someone in a piece of text somewhere, is a pretty good candidate for the next era's "Stone Cold". I'd love to see him squash Triple H in the Mania main event for the World Heavyweight Championship, but I can see the WWE putting RAW's World Championship on Randy Orton at the Rumble, which is something I can see working out.

Batista vs. Triple H at Mania in a main event quality match for sure, does it need the title? It would be nice if it did, but I can see Batista getting it at Backlash with the fans being just as loud.