PDA

View Full Version : WOOO! Cardinals are getting...

RoXer
01-26-2005, 08:00 PM
...new uniforms next year. :cool:

They'll release what they look like tomorrow. Apparantly, it looks somewhat like the Atlanta Falcons.

Personally, I'd have them change the name too. Maybe to something a bit more desert-ish.

BCWWF
01-26-2005, 08:13 PM
Phew, I thought you were going to say Magglio Ordonez and were talking about the St. Louis Cardinals.

Y2Ant
01-26-2005, 08:42 PM
Arizona Dingosaurs

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-26-2005, 08:49 PM
I kinda liked the Cardinals uniforms, especially when they wore red pants and red jerseys

Loose Cannon
01-26-2005, 08:51 PM
Phew, I thought you were going to say Magglio Ordonez and were talking about the St. Louis Cardinals.

LOL, that's exactly what I thought too

MoRcHeEbA
01-27-2005, 02:19 PM
the red on red's were hot

Nervous Ferret
01-27-2005, 05:19 PM
there getting a new stadium soon also, correct?

RoXer
01-27-2005, 05:54 PM
there getting a new stadium soon also, correct?

Yeah, 2006 season. And then the 07 Super bowl will be played there. As well as the 07 NHL All-star game at the Glendale Arena across the street.

Should be a pretty busy month.

RoXer
01-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Arizona Dingosaurs

I like it.

RoXer
01-27-2005, 06:09 PM
"The Cardinals also announced today that the team will have new uniforms for the 2005 season. The re-designed uniforms are in the final development stages and will be unveiled in the spring."

Guess I'll save this thread until "Spring".

RoXer
01-27-2005, 06:14 PM
http://www.azcardinals.com/images/images/logochange.jpg

Here's the new logo. Seriously, if they changed it and never told me, I don't think I would have noticed. Not for a while at least.

And yeah, the red on red's were pretty badass. I'm guessing they're going to do something like that.

Y2Ant
01-27-2005, 10:31 PM
That new logo looks slightly more badass, but I was expecting a fair bit more of a change to it :-\

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-28-2005, 12:09 AM
They just updated it then. Good stuff, reminds me of U of Louisville

DaveWadding
01-28-2005, 12:14 AM
This doesn't change one thing: The Cardinals still suck.

RoXer
01-28-2005, 05:42 PM
Dave, I would seriously change your tune. Let me go on the record...

If they can stay healthy, the Cardinals WILL win the NFC west next year.

Hell, they almost did it last year. But D. Green decided to bench McCowen for 3 games and we lost those 3. We could have won at least 2 of them. And we were only two games out.

But enough "ifs". Cardinals will win the NFC west next year.

MoRcHeEbA
01-28-2005, 06:03 PM
isn't McCown a free agent this year?

DaveWadding
01-28-2005, 06:44 PM
Dave, I would seriously change your tune. Let me go on the record...

If they can stay healthy, the Cardinals WILL win the NFC west next year.

Hell, they almost did it last year. But D. Green decided to bench McCowen for 3 games and we lost those 3. We could have won at least 2 of them. And we were only two games out.

But enough "ifs". Cardinals will win the NFC west next year.
St. Louis and Seattle still play in the NFC West right?? :?:

VonErich Lives
01-28-2005, 06:53 PM
St. Louis and Seattle still play in the NFC West right?? :?:

Yeah, which is the reason the Cardinals have a shot.

RoXer
01-29-2005, 07:36 PM
isn't McCown a free agent this year?

I think so. He wasn't "bad" but there are better QB's out there. I'm hoping they get a good draft pick. Either a QB or a RB. They have Marcell Shipp but he was injured last season. Dunno if he's going to be back.

Nervous Ferret
01-29-2005, 11:19 PM
http://test.azcardinals.com/images/images/helmetpicturest.jpg

if it didn't say Cardinals new logo above this pic I would have never noticed.

RoXer
04-20-2005, 08:42 PM
The Arizona Cardinals unveiled on Wednesday new uniforms that the team will wear beginning with the 2005 season. The unveiling took place at the James Hotel in Scottsdale with wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, quarterbacks Josh McCown and Kurt Warner, running back Marcel Shipp, defensive linemen Bertrand Berry and Darnell Dockett, linebacker Karlos Dansby, safety Adrian Wilson, and Big Red modeling the new uniforms.

The uniform change is the most significant in the long history of the Cardinals, who were founded in 1898 and represent the oldest professional football team still in existence. In fact, the "Cardinals" moniker came from the red jerseys they acquired in the early 1900s from the University of Chicago that team owner Chris O'Brien determined were not maroon, as suggested, but really "Cardinal red."

The uniform re-design is the latest in a series of off-the-field changes for the Cardinals, who this past January also unveiled a new team logo. The most significant change will come next year when the Cardinals move into their new state-of-the-art stadium in time for the 2006 season.

While the design and overall appearance of the uniforms is drastically different, the team’s main color scheme of red and white has not changed though the color black has been added as an accent.

Aside from the obvious difference in terms of look and design, the new uniforms also feature some of the industry’s latest in terms of performance-enhancing technology.

The yoke, sleeves, and side panels of the jersey are made of “Knit Cordura,” a high-performance nylon-lycra combination that allows for optimal fit while maintaining maximum strength. The torso of the jersey is made from “Diamond Back Mesh,” a special weave that allows the holes to open up wider and permit more ventilation than the standard mesh. Also, the numbers on the jersey will be made from a special lightweight, stretch-twill fabric that will allow the jersey to fit tighter and better.

Cardinals Cheerleaders also modeled 2005 Cardinals apparel made by Reebok, and were joined by Juan Castellanos of Peoria, Dustin Payne of Gilbert, and Dustin Holmes of Tucson. Castellanos, Payne, and Homes were winners of the azcardinals.com “Your Chance To Suit Up Contest.”

New Cardinals jerseys are available now at the team’s official website www.azcardinals.com and at the Cardinals training facility in Tempe as well as the 12 Valley locations of Sports Authority, the official merchandise headquarters of the Arizona Cardinals. Sports Authority will have a three-day retail exclusivity window for the new product through this weekend.

http://www.azcardinals.com/images/images/uniformsout.jpg

I like the red-on-red. And I was right about a Falcons look to it.

RoXer
04-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Maybe a little too right. I Can't really see a difference between this and the Falcons' red jersey.

FearedSanctity
04-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Nice. But the home unifrom is WAY to much like the Falcons

DaveWadding
04-20-2005, 09:26 PM
...ew.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-21-2005, 12:30 AM
Way too much like the Falcons

Gonzo
04-21-2005, 01:08 AM
Way too busy. Too much shit going on. The jersies these days are ridiculous for some teams. Especially in college where Nike renews contracts every 3 years and designs some of the most hideous jersies ever.

RP
04-21-2005, 05:43 AM
Kurt Warner looks so goofy . :lol:

RP
04-21-2005, 05:44 AM
And honestly, i think its amazing that they got Sereena Williams to model there football uniforms.

Adder
04-21-2005, 10:55 AM
The white uniform looks ok.

Ruien
04-21-2005, 05:57 PM
SD have the best uniforms.

SammyG
04-22-2005, 12:45 PM
Are you kidding me, the rams are winning the nfc west.

The Icon of Elisim
04-22-2005, 02:53 PM
Rams and Seahawks made some pretty good upgrades this offseason, its not gonna be like last season

Lotus
04-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Jesus christ, that is a dead-on Falcons' jersey. Way to rip-off Atlanta.