PDA

View Full Version : TNA news; Impact ratings and Blue Collar TV

BloodRiotZero
01-26-2005, 10:45 PM
Exactly How Many People Are Watching TNA Impact?; Good Breakdown Inside
Date Added: January 26, 2005
Story By: Matt Baker

Before we get started, FOX Sports Net (FSN) does their ratings by market and not nationally so it makes it a little harder than WWE ratings.

The Impact! shows on Friday afternoon's have been averaging a 0.25 cable rating. That averages out to around 215,000 homes weekly.

The replay shows which take place Friday's at 2AM and again Saturday at midnight have also been getting a 0.25 rating. Some individual markets have been coming in with a 1.0 cable TV rating, or around 860,000 homes.

This past Friday's show was the most widely viewed episode of Impact yet.

Unless the exact same viewers are watching all three weekly airings of Impact, in theory, TNA could as much as triple their monthly pay-per-view buys from approximately 30,000 ($360,000 gross revenue to TNA) to approximately 90,000 buys ($1,080,000 gross revenue to TNA).

This should be considered great news for TNA and FSN is said to be very impressed thus far.
--------------------------------

Jarrett Injured; Sent To Emergency Room After "Blue Collar TV" Taping
Date Added: January 26, 2005
Story By: Matt Baker
Credit: 1wrestling.com

Apparently, while on the set taping an episode of the WB's "Blue Collar TV" show, Jeff Jarrett was injured when a splinter flew into his eye after he performed the guitar shot on one of the local wrestlers used in the segment.

Jarrett was treated and released from a local Atlanta emergency room last night following the taping.

The injury doesn't appear to be serious, but Jarrett had previously underwent lasik surgery so he was taken to the emergency room last night as a precautionary measure.

The show however went well, and all TNA stars involved were asked to return later in the season for another skit on the show. For those wondering, representing TNA at the taping were Jeff Jarrett, A.J. Styles, Abyss, Don West, and Jeremy Borash.

Source from prowrestling.com

Normal Is Me
01-27-2005, 12:10 AM
This is some good news for TNA.

I am starting to wonder if TNA may actually be able to compete with the WWE head to head in the future. I doubt they will take over wrestling like the WWF(E) has but I see them giving them some solid competition for a few years.

Funky Fly
01-27-2005, 12:28 AM
They won't be competing head to head for years to come, if at all. I doubt Hall, Nash and the Runnel/Rhodes family can be a good thing for TNA in the long run. Without anyone putting a leash on them, they are going to run the whole thing into the ground.

James Steele
01-27-2005, 12:33 AM
Notice something in wrestling, whenever the wrestlers (or wrestler's family) runs the show, it is either:

A) Going out of business

or

B) Very Very Boring/ Bad Ratings, Etc.

Shadow
01-27-2005, 12:38 AM
Damn it! Why wasn't Jarret dead from that splinter? God Damn it!

Normal Is Me
01-27-2005, 12:40 AM
Yeah, I agree with that. Jarrett, Nash and the Rhodes will not be a good long term plan.

TNA has come pretty far since 2002. Many people never believed the company would live to see the year 2005, not to mention have a weekly TV slot, and monthly 3 hour Pay Per View.

Normal Is Me
01-27-2005, 12:42 AM
BTW, if Dustin goes over Raven at Against All Odds I will be very pissed off.

Innovator
01-27-2005, 12:45 AM
If they can remember that they are all past their prime and the young guys are the future of wrestling, then things can be ok

Nash I think has the most level head out of all of them

Yes, Raven needs to go over Dustin "stop calling me Goldust" Rhodes

Kane Knight
01-27-2005, 01:19 PM
Goign head to head with the WWE right now would be the worst thing they could do. Aside from the Kings of Wrestling thing. ;)

But seriously. They can't compete head on. They will lose so horribly it won't even be funny. Maybe in 5 or 10 years, if they're still even around, they might build up enough steam to take on the giant. MIGHT.

Competing against a major corporate force only works if you are either A) Mad popular or B) Also a major corporate presence.