PDA

View Full Version : DISCUSSION - HHH vs. BATISTA vs. JBL = Wrestlemania 21 Main-Event

Heyman
02-01-2005, 05:13 PM
<font color=white>CAUTION - the following may contain RAW and/or Smackdown spoilers. Reader discretion is advised. </font>

DISCUSSION - HHH vs. BATISTA vs. JBL = Wrestlemania 21 Main-Event

So - what if *this* was the main-event at Wrestlemania? Triple H vs. Batista, vs. JBL..........for all da marbles. The winner of the triple threat match, would become Undisputed Champ.......a champ that would appear on both shows. In this case, Dave Batista would become champ at Mania'. Here are the advantages I see in this:

Potential Advantages:

A) With Dave Batista as Undisputed Champ, the WWE can REALLY capitalize on his ever growing popularity. By being on both shows, Batista can really look 'larger than life' so to speak

B) As Undisputed Champ, the WWE can give that 'interpromotional' feeling to the fans. One reason why the Royal Rumble has been so damned entertaining these past few years, is because of the interaction between wrestlers from RAW and Smackdown. The WWE should use that to their advantage!

C) Capitalize on the chemistry between Cena and Batista. I don't know if anyone else "felt it", but there was electricity between Cena and Batista at the RR (bah gawd that sounded gay :shifty: -).

Imagine if Batista took part in the 8 man singles tournament on Smackdown, and won the tournament......by defeating John Cena in the final......to earn the right to face the winner of the JBL/Big Show title match at Wrestlemania. Now - imagine after winning the tournament, he also decides to challenge Triple H at Mania! (the winner of the Royal Rumble can face any World champion at Mania......but it doesn't state that its exclusive to one!

Long and Bischoff argue that Batista can only face ONE champ, but then Vince McMahon intervenes and announces that Wrestlemania will be a triple threat match.

D) If The RAW and SD main-event match is combined, then the "other" world/WWE title match won't look inferior (i.e. if JBL/Cena happened before Batista/HHH, then the Smackdown WWE title and brand would look inferior).

E) Basically - it just makes for interesting TV IMO. The world champ (In this case, Batista) goes 'over' twice as much as champ because he gets to appear on both shows. With the champ appearing on both shows, we see more interpromotional stuff as well..........stuff of which is VERY VERY VERY interesting to the fans. :y:

Potential Disadvantages

1) If HHH/Batista/JBL is the main-event for Wrestlemania, then where does this leave John Cena? Maybe another interpromotional feud could transpire here? (i.e. with Christian).

2) Although I personally disagree with this, some might say that complications would occur in regards to House Shows, Int'l tours, etc. I disagree. I think it *COULD* work if the WWE tried hard enough to make accomodations. Furthermore - who cares if its a 'double load' for the champ? You want to be champ? Accept the responsibilities that come along with it. Pay your dues. Plain and simple.

What are your thoughts on this potential triple threat match? (and in effect, having an Undisputed World Champion appear on both shows).

Innovator
02-01-2005, 05:24 PM
NO

JBL doesn't belong in the Wrestlemania main event, so in all intensive purposes he will be

It should be Batista vs. HHH, why make it a clusterfuck with JBL in there?

McLegend
02-01-2005, 05:27 PM
That actually sounds good. I still would wait a year though to combine the titles. I still want to see Cena vs. Orton to decide the undisputed title. Even if Orton's character has no future.

Also hers an idea why not switch the titles? Have the WWE title go to Raw and the World Heavyweight title go to SD. Just an idea that probably will never happen.

Normal Is Me
02-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Legend, would it really matter? Both titles credibility are shot to hell.

I think this could push Batista over the threshold and he would really become a star for the WWE. Unifying the two titles and completely destroying all competitors on Raw and Smack Down would be pretty siiick.

However, for some reason I see Triple H V. Batista V. JBL V. Cena as the WM 21 main event. In this setting if one of the champions (Triple H or JBL) pin one of the challengers (Batista or Cena) then the champions win. If one of the challengers defeat a champion of then the challengers take home the titles of their brand. Almost like two different matches going on at once. In this equation I would have both Batista and Cena pinning Triple H and JBL simutaneously, (in order to avoid one looking inferior).

Mr. Nerfect
02-02-2005, 03:23 AM
I was thinking how great it'd be if it turned out to be JBL vs. Cena vs. Batista at WrestleMania, with Triple H vs. Chris Jericho or something where the face goes over and wins the title via submission.

Maybe we could see JBL vs. Batista and Triple H vs. Rey Mysterio and have Vince McMahon decide that a Triple Threat Match at WrestleMania again is stupid, and since Batista can choose which World Champion he wants to face at WrestleMania, the winner of the SmackDown! tournament (Mysterio) gets to face the other World Champion. Batista chooses SmackDown!, so Mysterio faces Triple H.

The same idea could be used potentially for Cena, and would allow a "switch" between these guys leading into WrestleMania.

I don't mind the idea of seeing the titles unified, but I think they should hold it off for a while.

Aussie Skier
02-02-2005, 03:31 AM
Cena should not main event wrestlemania 21 IMO. i want Cena to be built up massively...like Big Zilla!!! :D

I'd like to see JBL VS Booker T personally. However, it seems like JBL VS Cena is the only obvious choice for wrestlemania. All the other challengers are busy:
Eddie - out of the tournament
Angle - VS HBK
Taker - VS Snitsky etc...
Booker T - They blew that by not giving himthe title at Armageddon
RVD - injured
Big Show - Gone (unless he wins at NWO)

PerfectOne
02-03-2005, 01:13 AM
Ok, I'm not a big fan of Cena...AT ALL. But what I would like to see at WM for Smackdown is:

6-pack Match!!!!

They have had only 2 of these in the past, so it's still novel.

In 1999, they had HHH vs. The Rock vs. British Bulldog vs. Kane vs. Mankind vs. the Big Show.

In 2000, they put a twist on it and had "6-Pack Hell in a Cell match" with Steve Austin vs. The Rock vs. Kurt Angle vs. Triple H vs. Undertaker vs. Rikishi.

Cut to 2005 - Make it another 6-pack match (enter special stipulation/gimmick here).

Have it be -

John Bradshaw Layfield
The Big Show
Booker T
Eddie Guerrero
John Cena
Undertaker

THAT would be one way to take something like the title and make it interesting.

Aussie Skier
02-03-2005, 02:12 AM
Cut to 2005 - Make it another 6-pack match (enter special stipulation/gimmick here).

Have it be -

John Bradshaw Layfield
The Big Show
Booker T
Eddie Guerrero
John Cena
Undertaker

THAT would be one way to take something like the title and make it interesting.

Problem is, that will expose the real weakness of smackdown, cos u'd have guys like Nunzio, shannon moore, etc... (who are good wrestlers, but not over) wrestling on the wrestlemania card in order to make up the numbers

Mr. Nerfect
02-03-2005, 05:04 AM
Come to think of it, there is one contender that has been left out of the loop here. Rey Mysterio would make an EXCELLENT challenger to the belt at WrestleMania 21.

Even if he doesn't win, the fans will be behind him, and he can make the WWE Championship look "out of reach" which is something that the WWE hasn't been doing lately.

It's not like it wouldn't make sense either. Rey Mysterio has beaten a former WWF and WCW Champion (the two titles that make up the WWE Championship) in Kevin Nash, who has had a very similair reign to JBL, not to mention is bigger than Bradshaw. He'd also have the tournament under his belt, which give shim an extra world of credibility.

Another idea is that they have Eddie Guerrero "injure" Booker T, and have him take his spot in the tournament. Eddie goes on to win, and aggressively beats JBL at WrestleMania. This sets up Eddie as a dominant and angry heel WWE Champion. The first-time Eddie wins the title its a fairy tale, the second-time it's an obsessive nightmare.

I still think Guerrero would make one of the greatest heel World Champions of all time.

Londoner
02-03-2005, 05:19 PM
To Heymans suggestion, no. I wouldnt have the champion on both shows as said time and time again how would you manage the feuds on both shows?The champ would have to fight two feuds on each show which wouldn't make sense.

As for my sugesstion i would have Batista V HHH for raw, and John Cena V Big Show V JBL for smackdown, cos JBL has been in the title scene for a while now it would look stupid(sadly)for him not be in the main event dont you think?Big show would go in as champ after winning at no way out, and JBL would win it back, then i would have a Cena V JBL feud.Or have Cena win it and then have that same feud, not sure yet though.

As for Batista/HHH, you have to have Batista win otherwise ill lose all interest in WWE.

Mr. Nerfect
02-03-2005, 07:18 PM
I like the idea of JBL vs. Cena vs. Big Show. It can really open up storylines.

To set it up you have Big Show throw JBL through the cage at No Way Out, and have JBL hit the floor so we have another shady title defense for JBL. The Big Show then manages to weasel into the SmackDown! main event at WrestleMania, which pisses off Cena who claims he won the tournament, and that he defeated Big Show for the WWE United States Championship at WrestleMania las year (and it turns out he is US Champion now, too).

The WWE then have some kind of "Two-Fall Triple Theat Match" at WrestleMania, with John Cena pinning The Big Show to retain the United States Championship and JBL for the WWE Championship. Or you can have JBL not get pinned, which allows for him to play the heel chasing the title.

Some people may be against this, but John Cena vs. JBL at Judgment Day after JBL and his Cabinet try to destroy Cena physically and mentally would really interest me. Cena could lose the United States Championship to Orlando Jordan first, then retain the WWE Championship later that night finally getting a grip of himself. Title vs. Title at The Great American Bash, John Cena vs. Orlando Jordan? Sounds decent to me. Although I wouldn't mind seeing JBL demand Orlando hands the US Title over to him after he loses the WWE Championship at JD.

I don't know why though, but I am still interested in JBL vs. Batista and Triple H vs. Cena for WrestleMania, just to put a spin on things.

addy2hotty
02-04-2005, 08:45 AM
I can see Eddie challenging JBL at Wrestlemania. Makes sense, and gives him something to do. I can see Cena defending the US Title in some fashion otherwise they HAVE to take the title off him now.

Having Eddie cheating heel-style to win the tournament would be excellent, perhaps over Cena. This would give Eddie needed credibility and also sets up a great Eddie - Cena feud for after WM whether he wins the title or not. The WWE know that one of the main events has to draw, and I honestly can't (at the moment) see a gurranteed Batista win over HHH drawing.

Londoner
02-04-2005, 12:33 PM
I cant see Eddie in the title picture anytime soon sadly, maybe around summerslam will be the time he can get back into it. But i agree with alienoid about the Orlando Jordan becoming US champ thing, i could see that happening even though i dont like him because he bores me, he seems next in line to take it.

But, we forget about CCC who is due back from injury soon.I got a feeling he could be next in line to take the US title having thought about it...

Smackdown has alot of options open for storylines now theyve created this feud, thats why stables are helpful. Having just one stable(like you do on raw) doesn't really do much, but the way theyve done this on smackdown has helped me get interest back in Smackdown.

The CyNick
02-04-2005, 10:25 PM
I'm a big supporter of the idea of bringing back the Undisputed Championship, but not the way things are set up this year.

On RAW, the heat is between HHH and Batista. If they were going to make a 3 way, they might as well add in Orotn, because at least that would cap off the past 6 months of TV.

But that said, the real money is with HHH vs Batista, I dont really want to see anything complicate it (re screw it up).

JBL-Cena doesn't have too much heat right now, but they are starting to build it up, and I think Cena is over enough that the fans will be into the idea of him getting the belt.

If you throw JBL into the HH-Batista issue, you end up with a trainwreck of a match, and there's no real heat between HHH and JBL and with JBL and Batista.

Plus, you have Cena in the cold. A match with Christian? So Cena goes from winning the WWE title, to an opening card match with Christian? You msut really hate Cena.

M. Banana
02-06-2005, 02:45 AM
As I've said in a previous post on another topic..

I believe it will be Cena vs. JBL vs. Batista..

Mr. Nerfect
02-06-2005, 07:02 AM
As I've said in a previous post on another topic..

I believe it will be Cena vs. JBL vs. Batista..

I personally would like to see that at WrestleMania. Most people will be siding with Batista to win the match, but there is also the chance that the WWE will want a double-Champion in Cena to make the rumoured re-draft stronger.

How great would it be to see a two-fall match with Batista winning both the WWE Championship and the WWE United States Championship. That's enough ground for Triple H to get even more jealous of Batista. If they then drafted Triple H to Batista's brand (assuming he loses the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania), the tension between the two would be simply awesome.

The CyNick
02-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Anyone who is for the idea of the 3 way for the SD title must not be watching RAW.

Mr. Nerfect
02-07-2005, 05:09 AM
Anyone who is for the idea of the 3 way for the SD title must not be watching RAW.

I like the idea of Triple H vs. Batista, but what then? Triple H isn't going to disappear.

While it is common sense to go through with this feud, it really could be put on the backburner on a while until Summerslam, or when the WWE finally decides to usher in a new era.