PDA

View Full Version : Would holding more co-brand house shows help the WWE?

Pegasus Crawford
02-03-2005, 03:44 AM
After attending the WWE Supershow in Honolulu last night, I noticed that the attendance (while not a sellout when there was a house show with The Rock here) was much better then when the Raw brand alone came down here back in 2003.

So it got me thinking: What if the WWE held more co-brand house shows during the year? I'm not talking about every week, but like once a month or every two months, where there would be both brands wrestling at a house show and maybe an interpromotional match or two. Of course this is far from a re-merging of brands. Seeing as the separate brands only wrestle under one roof during the big PPVs and only seeing guys from both brands wrestle each other only at RR and WM, it would be a nice treat for the fans.

But of course, the flip side is that alot of fans who would feel alienated if a house show in their town was just a Raw or Smackdown show. What do you think?

Funky Fly
02-03-2005, 04:13 AM
The wrestlers would have less work days or too many, if they were appearing at both shows. Other than that, it sounds cool.

Dave Youell
02-03-2005, 06:30 AM
My only concern would be if there's 20 guys on each brand, how do you book 40 guys week in week out?

Me thinks some of the smaller guys will end up with less money.

They are bound to make more cash out of 2 smaller shows than 1 biggish show

Cruiserweight 3:16
02-03-2005, 07:13 AM
The WWE need to learn how to book a separate brand house show properly before they even contemplate remerging the brands at house shows

Aussie Skier
02-03-2005, 08:29 PM
house shows have 2 purposes:

1) Entertain fans
2) Help wrestlers work a match with one another.

In regards to number 1, a house show would help.
However, there isn't much point in, say, Muhhummad Hassan wrestling Charlie Haas, as its unlikely these two wrestlers would actually wrestle each other in a "meaningful match."

I say, keep separate house shows.
It also helps keep the brands separate (obviously) and makes the WWE seem like its is two separate federations