PDA

View Full Version : My Hockey Problem (Wings/Stars/Avs)

AareDub
01-09-2004, 11:41 AM
Ok, I need everybody's help. Here's the situation...

I've been a hockey fan, and a Redwings fan, since the early 90's. As a Redwings fan you probably all know that I hate the Avalanche. I'm also from Dallas. I hate all of the home teams, especially the Stars. Well a few weeks ago I went to a Xmas party with one of those gift exchange things. My date got a surprise gift of two tickets to the platinum luxury suite at the Stars game on the 10th.

Wow sounds great, a hockey game. Except the game is the Stars vs the Avs. If I'm going to be interested in this game I have to want one of the teams to win right? Who should I cheer for tomorrow? The oh-so-hated home team along with all the other Stars fans that jumped on the bandwagon a few years ago and still just come for the fights? or do I cheer for the Avs, my bitter rivals, who now have that bastard former Duck among their ranks?

I told the date chick that we should just cheer for the guy bringing us food! She wasn't too cool with the idea though. So, I'm leaving it up to you guys, which team do I cheer for? Or do I wear my Wings jersey and pout? lol.

MoRcHeEbA
01-09-2004, 11:49 AM
quit your bitching. Also there's probably only gonna be 8000 people there so just cheer for the stars and wait till the dismantle their team later this year.

road doggy dogg
01-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Dallas is doing nothing this season so might as well go for them. Colorado actually will be a threat to Detroit this year, Dallas won't

Adder
01-09-2004, 02:23 PM
Have a good time.

AareDub
01-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Have a good time.

Thanks. I guess I'll be cheering for Dallas. RDD is right, a win on the Avs record is more of a threat than a win on the Stars record this year.

Y2Ant
01-09-2004, 11:07 PM
How dare you speak of Mr. Kariya this way :'(

AareDub
01-10-2004, 12:15 AM
Kariya gained a little bit of my respect by leaving the ducks. However, I hold him responsible for Federov going to the ducks as well. That's just not cool.

Bad Guy
01-10-2004, 03:02 AM
You should become a secondary Dallas fan. I live in Vegas and I'll always love all my home teams in Michigan. I'm a secondary UNLV Rebels fan. Ok, I'm not but you should still do it.

AareDub
01-10-2004, 11:23 AM
SWEET!

I just checked the Stars website and Madano won't be playing today. It'll be much easier for me to cheer for Dallas without him on the ice. Oh well, I'm off to the game (damn noon games) I think it's on ABC if anybody cares.

YOUR Hero
01-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Create an incident and get yourself all over the International News. You may never have another chance at infamy like you've got today. I double-dog dare you.

AareDub
01-10-2004, 06:01 PM
LOL, I rarely turn down a double dog dare, but I didn't read your post until I got back.

It actually turned out pretty good. Since I didn't care who won, there was no chance of being disappointed. The Avs raped the Stars even though the stars seemed to be in control of the puck most of the time. I was to the left of the home goal and the action was on the opposite end of the ice for pretty much the entire game. There was still no problem seeing what was going on or anything, the suites were fairly close to the ice.

Final score was 4-2 Avs. Though it was 3-0 and 4-0 through most of the game. Marty Turco (4 GAA) showed us why he made the All Star Team :roll:.

YOUR Hero
01-10-2004, 06:31 PM
Sounds hott