02-09-2005, 07:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1987726

:eek:

Rain Man
02-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Wow

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Tough news, but won't really matter. USC will still be nasty, look at all their talent they have plus the crazy amount of talent they add every year.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-09-2005, 08:57 PM
edit

BCWWF
02-09-2005, 09:16 PM
USC signed the top Minnesota prospect, a defensive end I believe named Walker Ashley. As long as Reggie Bush is still there, they will be amazing regardless.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-09-2005, 09:38 PM
Norman Chow went around and asked NFL coordinators for plays to get Reggie Bush more involded in games, it's not like he is some type of unreal coach or anything. Sure he was very good at SC, but come on, look at the talent they had. I think he'll be alright in the pros, he won't flop like Spurrier because his offense is designed for professional style ball.

The Outlaw
02-10-2005, 12:02 AM
I'm surprised he isn't a HC somewhere.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-10-2005, 12:16 AM
I don't even think he was that great. I don't know, ever since I found out he had to call around to find ways to get Reggie Bush on the field I just haven't been as impressed. He has the best talent in the college football ranks, a great HC with him at SC. He was a good coordinator, but I don't think he was the best in college football.

Innovator
02-10-2005, 12:29 AM
Despite him leaving, USC still has one of the nastiest classes coming in. They'll be sick for a while.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-10-2005, 03:46 AM
Norman Chow went around and asked NFL coordinators for plays to get Reggie Bush more involded in games, it's not like he is some type of unreal coach or anything. Sure he was very good at SC, but come on, look at the talent they had. I think he'll be alright in the pros, he won't flop like Spurrier because his offense is designed for professional style ball.
Well he's more of a QB coach anyways so its not that big of a suprise that he got advice for coaching a RB

I think USC will suffer once all of the QBs on USC's roster that Chow helped develop are gone

samichna
02-10-2005, 03:57 AM
THE Norm Chow??!!!!

VonErich Lives
02-10-2005, 08:21 AM
I don't think it will effect USC much, it surely won't effect recruiting, USC got the top recruits and will next year even if they don't win it all. The good record, national TV, player friendly coach and great weather/location are all easy sells to a high school kid.

I think Chow made a mistake, I think his value would be even more after next year, where USC has a good chance to 3-peat as National Champs, from a learning standpoint, he may want the OC in the NFL before moving to a College or Pro HC job (more likely college), I also don't see a lot of upside in Tennesee, but who knows, maybe he'll find a magic offense... I just don't see how this is supposed to make McNair want to stay.

The Outlaw
02-11-2005, 01:37 AM
Noone in the collehe ranks (Florida, ND, Utah, Stanford, etc.) wanted him as HC. That's what I didn't really understand.

BCWWF
02-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Yeah I don't really like him going to the NFL. Its such a completely different game, I don't think what he does will have the same effect there. Instead of developing some great young players, now its a bunch of already established players that you just have to mesh together. Should have stayed in college.