PDA

View Full Version : Should SD get rid of the Cruiserweight Title?

Taker Fan
02-09-2005, 08:20 PM
I was thinking, that the Cruiserweight has been pretty bad as of late, and the only good part, in my opinion, has been Paul London. And, it seems like that they are pushing Rey Rey towards US Title contention, and in about October, it looked like Kidman was on his way towards that as well.

Now, Kidman and Rey Rey were really the mainstream of the Cruiserweight title, and they each had good runs. But, they have gotten over enough to move to higher divisions, and it seems that is what the WWE is doing with them (well, they dropped Kidman, but they could easily re-push him). Now with 2 of the Cruiserweights out of the division, they could just take away the Cruiserweight title, and try and push all of the wrestlers in the division towards mid-card status (Rey Rey, Kidman, Chavo, London, etc.) and by doing this, this makes the US title division much better, instead of watching Cena wrestle squash matches, we could actually see some good fueds for the US belt.

So if they do get rid of the Cruiserweight Title, should they replace it with the Hardcore? (To make SD more interesting, and for the wrestlers that have trouble getting over?)

Eunos
02-09-2005, 08:23 PM
No

The CyNick
02-09-2005, 08:43 PM
It wouldn't be the worst idea to replace the CW title with the HC title.

I was watching the ECW DVD the other day, and in it RVD does some commentary. He was talking about how his favourite time in the WWE was when he had the HC title.

Perhaps they could bring it back, put it on some randm guy, and then have RVD beat that guy when he comes back. RVD could then hold the belt for a really long time. It might actually get RVD over, and if done right, the title could be quite meningful. But thats a lot of wishful thinking.

Of course the problem is that SD tends to be less violent, they dont like blood on there, so it seems like something better suited for RAW.

But they definately shoudl get rid of the CW title, and just replace it with the TV or Euro title. That way they can give something to the lower end guys. A title like that would be perfect for someone like Orlando Jordan, or even Paul London as the underdog champion.

PorkSoda
02-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Maybe if they actually use all the cruiserweights properly every week then WWE will realize that they shoulden't get rid of it. You know what I mean? *Slaps slug on arm*

The CyNick
02-09-2005, 09:10 PM
I always thought that with rey's popularity and the number of really good CWs out there, they could have made the CW title close to, if not just as important as the SD Heavyweight Title.

You just need to separate the Cruisers and not always use them as cannon fodder for the big guys.

It could work, but it never will, not in WWE anyway.

Loose Cannon
02-09-2005, 09:28 PM
With the CW Title, it goes through cycles. One moment the WWE all of a sudden cares about it and seems to push it (i.e. Chavo) and the next it's just a prop. I don't know, I would get rid of the thing and being in some other belt. Wouldn't mind the Hardcore Title. I would also get rid of both tag titles or put the TAG TEAMS ON ONE SHOW :mad:

Gone Mad
02-09-2005, 09:36 PM
Yea probably, the CW title is rarely used and when it is used, it done in a horrible fashion. But I do believe in another belt taking over in its spot so anyone can get it and maybe the HC belt is the right one.

After all, the cruiserweights aren't even very "cruiserweightish" so why not make them hardcore and give them some sort of purpose. They are people too.. albeit smaller people, but still.

McLegend
02-09-2005, 09:39 PM
If they get rid of the Cruiserweight title though it will be as if WCW has never even existed.

Either way though I would like to see the Hardcore title again. :y:

Mr. Nerfect
02-10-2005, 04:32 AM
I think they should keep it, but start acting seriously with it. I mean look at these cruiserweights:

Funaki
Paul London
Billy Kidman
Chavo Guerrero
Nunzio
Akio
Shannon Moore
Scotty 2 Hotty

Now if you add some of the rumoured-to-be-coming guys on, push a few guys with no real direction into the division (even if it is a strethc) and rehire another one or two, you can have something like this:

Funaki
Paul London
Billy Kidman
Chavo Guerrero
Nunzio
Shannon Moore
Scotty 2 Hotty
Maven
Daniel Puder
Johnny Nitro
Matt Capotelli
Steven Richards
The Hurricane
Tajiri
Simon Dean
Jamie Noble
Ultimo Dragon
Psichosis
Super Crazy
The Amazing Red
Alex Shelley
Jay Lethal

That's pretty much doubled the division. If they start pushing the brand split seriously, and start using their timeslots to help the cruiserweight division (maybe give them Afterburn and Velocity all to themselves), you could really re-launch the division.

Aussie Skier
02-10-2005, 05:01 AM
Personally, I think 10 members is big enough for the CW div. I mean, in all honesty, it is the minor leagues of the WWE (unfortunatly).

In saying that, the guys they have now are fine:

Funaki
Paul London
Nunzio
Akio
Shannon Moore
Scotty 2 Hotty

Chavo, rey and Kidman should b above the CW Div now IMO.

Add Matt Capoteli, SUper Crazy and Hurricane, and you have a fine CW div. add Ultimo dragon and its brilliant. and then a little bit more airtime and it'llall b good