PDA

View Full Version : Nu Chewns

Jon Kano
02-10-2005, 06:20 PM
So Ive been at DMU since September but I never bothered pickin up a copy of KASABIAN. For those who not know, they are a new rock group from Leicester, UK where my uni is. I am glad I have a copy.

Its a feckin good premier album. I think a lot of rock fans would like their work.

I especially rec LSF. Try it. I dare you. :y:

Has anyone got any recs for some tunes like either LSF or Sunday Shining by Finley Q???

El Capitano Gatisto
02-10-2005, 07:06 PM
They were new this time last year, maybe. By now, they've released about 6 songs off the album and just re-issued one of their singles that they only released last summer.

Milking it, you might say. Their fans hate them now, I hear.

Anyway, I bought the album ages ago and it's a bit crap. One or two ok songs, mostly just noodly rubbish, sounding vaguely like wannabe Stone Roses or Primal Scream. Very overrated.

Check out some Stone Roses or Primal Scream instead, in fact.

Dazz
02-10-2005, 07:38 PM
they were nominated for a Brit or too, the Scissor Sisters beat them :rofl:

Mike the Metal Ed
02-10-2005, 08:06 PM
I like Kasabian's song thats on Kerrang Radio ad-infinum, but its just too repetetive for my liking.

But seeing as our last musical claim to fame was Jon Lord, I'll accept it.

Wengerland
02-11-2005, 06:39 AM
Their music's pretty good and they're from Leicester, so all good in my book.

The Destroyer
02-11-2005, 06:51 AM
You deserve to be shot for that topic title.

Danny Electric
02-11-2005, 07:58 AM
I hated Kasabian as soon as I saw them and I heard them say that they were the greatest band ever. Dickheads.
Finley Quaye is awesome though.

El Capitano Gatisto
02-11-2005, 11:29 AM
they were nominated for a Brit or too, the Scissor Sisters beat them :rofl:
The Scissor Sisters are a much better band, in fact.

Danny Electric
02-11-2005, 08:54 PM
I agree with ECG.
Anyone know a release date on the Bloc Party album?

Downunder
02-11-2005, 09:09 PM
I agree with The Destroyer.

and EGG

DegenerationY
02-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Kasabian is terrible. The local radio station is playing them like they're the second coming of Christ, which makes me wanna vomit.

Jon Kano
02-13-2005, 10:35 PM
Yeah well any radio station that hires a guy like that is bullshit by default anyway.

Second coming - no. Just sayin LSF is great and not bad for a first album. And yeah they do seem like real cocky shits, when they were on T4. But did anyone see it when they were bad mouthin McFly right next to them in an interview.

The title is good.