PDA

View Full Version : Will Taker Ever JOB at Mania?

Taker Fan
02-11-2005, 11:00 PM
IMO, there is no way that he'll job this year in his tag team match with Heindenreich/Snitsky (most likely), but in the future, most likely Taker's last Mania, do you think that he will job? And besides WrestleMania, do you think that Taker will dedicate the last year of his career towards putting younger guys over?

And also, I think that Taker should realize that he must put others over, since he probably has the most credibility on the roster. Plus, since an equally credible wrestler such as Austin wasn't healthy enough to put the younger guys over in his comeback back in 2003, I think that puts Taker in a position where he HAS to do it for the younger generation.

SuperSlim
02-11-2005, 11:01 PM
he will job at his final wrestlemania which means it won't be this wrestlemania but probably the next one.

Normal Is Me
02-11-2005, 11:22 PM
I doubt it. I can see the Undertaker hanging up the boots on a full time basis in the next year or two. Then I can still see the Undertaker being at Wrestle Mania's in shock appearences defeating celebrities or heel rookies who grab the mic and complain about not having a match. This gives the fans their Undertaker high and also keeps increasing his Wrestle Mania record.

I would rather see him job his Wrestle Mania record and put over a young guy. It has to be someone the fans care about though, otherwise it means nothing. So, it can't be a guy like Heidenreich or Mark Henry because the fans will just hate it, and not in the good kind of hate either, the kind of hate that has people turning off their TV's. It has to be heavily built up and even if Undertaker refuses to job it should be booked so that no matter what the outcome, the younger/less established wrestler gets over. I.E. - Hart V. Austin at WM 13

It would be useless for Batista, John Cena or Randy Orton to be given the victory over the Undertaker because they are ALREADY over with the casual fans.

I believe Sean O'Haire would have fit the bill perfectly. He is a pretty BIG guy so it would look credible, he has good charisma and mic work, and a good moveset the fans can rally behind. Not too mention his Seanton Bomb is awesome. All he really needed was that one BIG win and good match to get the fans to really take him seriously as a threat and a star.

Shadow
02-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Never. It shall never happen and won't ever happen. So stop dreaming folks.

KayfabeMan
02-11-2005, 11:48 PM
I don't think he should put anyone over at all at WM's.

They should have him retire from active competition - WM record still intact - with an understanding that they will have him come back a few years from now to then do the job. It'd be worth more to a young guy if he were to "break that record" after it seems impossible to do so.

Think about it, 'Taker retires. A young guy comes along, and instead of like it's done now, gradually makes his way up. He, obviously, plays heel. During the lead in to WM, it is announced that Taker would be involved in the Mania process somehow. The guy makes a reference to 'Taker's record, and how he wishes he'd have been around to break it. 'Taker accepts, and of course no one believes that the guy would defeat him - then he does. Obviously it'd be more elaborate and all. Just a quick thought.

Sepholio
02-12-2005, 01:21 AM
I don't think he should ever lose at WM. He is a legend by all means, and the WM streak is one of his defining accomplishments, and if anything, I hope he is allowed to retire with that streak, out of respect for what he has accomplished in the ring. He deserves it.

Innovator
02-12-2005, 03:12 AM
Yes, we will lose his last WM to Heidenreich and Snitsky....:roll:

No, it's a milestone in pro wrestling that shouldn't ever be touched again, like Flair being the 16 time World Champ.

M. Banana
02-12-2005, 08:02 AM
I highly doubt it. Because I don't think that the WWE would want him to do that.. mostly.

Eunos
02-12-2005, 09:51 AM
No.

Why should he?

Personally id rather see Taker retire with an unbeaten WM Record.

PorkSoda
02-12-2005, 09:54 AM
Imagine if, somehow, someone like Scotty 2 Hotty faced him at Mania, got his ass completly kicked and just rolled up Taker for the 123?

Stickman
02-12-2005, 12:25 PM
I would love to see the record stay in tact. In all honesty, nobody will remember who beat him. It won't put anybody over for longer than 6 months. He puts people over if he has a decent match with them, the outcome really doesn't matter. Worst case senario should be a draw at his final WM.

Kane Knight
02-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Yes, we will lose his last WM to Heidenreich and Snitsky....:roll:

No, it's a milestone in pro wrestling that shouldn't ever be touched again, like Flair being the 16 time World Champ.
Ahhhh...Definition of a retarded fanboy...

Well, "retarded fanboy" is a bit redundant.

John la Rock
02-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Imagine if, somehow, someone like Scotty 2 Hotty faced him at Mania, got his ass completly kicked and just rolled up Taker for the 123?

ya that would do great business and it's something everybody wants to see :roll:

Innovator
02-12-2005, 01:54 PM
Ahhhh...Definition of a retarded fanboy...

Well, "retarded fanboy" is a bit redundant.Damn KK quit sweating my nuts man

So instead of insulting me, why don't you chime in with your 2 cents

V
02-12-2005, 05:27 PM
imagine if i beat taker at mania :D :D

... you idiot :nono:

John la Rock
02-12-2005, 05:37 PM
Why not have Spike Dudley pin Taker the next week, followed by Funaki the next week, and Daniel Puder the next. And Why not bring Maven over to Smackdown so he can beat Taker too

HAHAHAHA I smell an increase in ratings :shifty:

The CyNick
02-12-2005, 11:18 PM
He should lose to someone one of these years. This year would be perfect with Orton in desperate need of a big win.

However, I dont think he will ever lose.

The problem with keeping the streak in tact after he retires (which is likey still 10 years away, no joke), is that it will mean less if he loses when he's not active. He should lose at a time when the fans still see him as one of the top guys. Then you have someone beat him cleanly, and that person gets a rub. Beating an old retired wrestler doesn't have the same meaning.

And its not like he's Foley where he can put on the type of match that will make someone a star.

PerfectOne
02-13-2005, 01:12 AM
Orton vs. Taker = snoozefest.

Sorry, but I just don't find Orton's matches exciting. He just doesn't "wow" me as much as I guess he does other people. I find his matches on par with HHH's -- that is, lot's of punching with an occasional finisher.

Now, if Taker's gonna job, it should be out of nowhere. Like...OMG, how did THAT guy beat the UNDERTAKER. That gives a HUGE boon to whomever wins. I vote that Hassan beat Taker. Either Hassan, or Christian.

John la Rock
02-13-2005, 01:36 AM
The person who beats Taker should be groomed as the next MEGA STAR like Austin or Rock. Orton or Cena are the only logical choice to go over Taker

V
02-13-2005, 02:55 AM
John Cena is the only person who i wouldn't mind seing kill taker's record.

other than that, he should keep it

Dorkchop
02-13-2005, 10:55 AM
Let's say Undertaker actually gets beat at a Wrestlemania. Obviously that would be his retirement match. The only person who should beat him is Kane. And that match would last a while. Kane has probably at least 5 years still left in him so it's not that he'd beat taker and only be around for a year or so.

But I think the Undertaker should keep is streak going, and not lose. I don't know, should be one of those records that no one should beat.

The CyNick
02-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Kane? Are you serious?

And if Taker were to lose, it doesn't have to be his last match.

In fact, if he were to lose at Mania, I think it would make his next Mania match much more compelling. They could build up that he's not as young as some of the other guys, and maybe he's losing it. Will Mania be the beginning of a new "strak" or willit be the beginning of the end.

Thats better than "here's Taker's random Mania match, yeah we all know he's going to win, but lets pretend like he might actually lose.....oh wait there's a Tombstone...nevermind".

Kane Knight
02-13-2005, 12:51 PM
http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/thumbup.gifKane? Are you serious?

And if Taker were to lose, it doesn't have to be his last match.

In fact, if he were to lose at Mania, I think it would make his next Mania match much more compelling. They could build up that he's not as young as some of the other guys, and maybe he's losing it. Will Mania be the beginning of a new "strak" or willit be the beginning of the end.

Thats better than "here's Taker's random Mania match, yeah we all know he's going to win, but lets pretend like he might actually lose.....oh wait there's a Tombstone...nevermind".http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/thumbup.gif

I-Hate-You
02-13-2005, 01:00 PM
You'll have to pry his Wrestlemania streak from his cold dead hands.

Kane Knight
02-13-2005, 01:01 PM
You'll have to pry his Wrestlemania streak from his cold dead hands.
Tempting. Where's my shotgun?

Innovator
02-13-2005, 01:08 PM
only if you take out Snitsky as well

Shadow
02-13-2005, 10:40 PM
And Hidenrape!

Mikey
02-14-2005, 09:46 AM
Never going to happen. staying undefeated at Wrestlemania will be his legacy

tucsonspeed6
02-14-2005, 09:51 AM
I'm not a fan of Taker's politics, but the mark in me wants to see him go undefeated at WM until he retires. And on a business standpoint, I'd rather see him job to somebody like Rey or a well pushed Jindrak than Heidenreich any day.

Kane Knight
02-14-2005, 11:26 AM
And Hidenrape!
Only if I get to take over his spot of "bad poetry and raping poor little announcers."

inToxicated Tempest
02-14-2005, 04:25 PM
I think they should bring back Mordecai. Have him destroy guys in the U.S. division for a few months. Win the U.S. title, Go on to eventually win the WWE title and then face Taker at Wrestlemania 22 and have Taker put him over. I am a huge Taker fan but his days in the business are numbered why not job to someone at Mania.

Shadow
02-14-2005, 04:35 PM
Only if I get to take over his spot of "bad poetry and raping poor little announcers."

And I get to kill babies. It's only fair.