PDA

View Full Version : I don't think WWE will be in Missouri anytime soon.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-13-2005, 01:32 AM
Taken from PuroresuPower.com
-----------------------------------

A good friend to the radio show, former wrestler Matt Murphy, reports that the Missouri State Athletic Comission has recently passed legislation, House Bill 600 in their state. In short, it requires pro-wrestlers to have paid state income taxes, and also are required to file state tax income returns for the last three years.

In short, guess who this hurts? Professional wrestling. Check out Missouri's HB 600 suspended list and look at some of the names who can't work in the state. Kurt Angle, Dave Batista, Shelton Benjamin, Carlos Colon Jr., David Cash (Nashville - TNA?), Adam Copeland (Edge), Lance Storm (Lance Evers), Ric Flair, Jackie Gayda, Charlie Haas, Ron & Don Harris (TNA), Jon Heidenreich (insert your own punchline), Paul Heyman, Shawn Michaels (Michael Hickenbottom), Booker T, Chris Irvine (Chris Jericho), Ron "The Truth" Killings, Road Warrior Animal, Brian Christopher & Jerry Lawler, Rena Mero, Jay Reso (Christian), Tommy "Wildfire" Rich, Charles "Little Naitch" Robinson, Ron Simmons, Tracy Smothers, Jimmy Valiant, Jimmy Yang, William Regal, Arn Anderson, Chavo Guerrero Jr., Rey Misterio Jr., and Torrie Wilson.

This is going to become a big problem for WWE shortly.

-----------------------------'

That shit is retarted, I'm sorry. That's like saying a football player has to play income taxes in every state he has an away game in.

Hired Hitman
02-13-2005, 02:25 AM
Charles "Little Naitch" Robinson :love:

but seriously, that sucks :-\

Funky Fly
02-13-2005, 02:52 AM
LOL retarded

Corkscrewed
02-13-2005, 03:19 AM
Pretty stupid. But that just means no WWE shows in Missouri, like you titled it. I mean, there are other states the company's never been in, right? Didn't they until recently never go to Oregon?

#1-norm-fan
02-13-2005, 06:49 AM
Check out Missouri's HB 600 suspended list and look at some of the names who can't work in the state...Tommy "Wildfire" Rich...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1-norm-fan
02-13-2005, 06:49 AM
:shifty:

Xero
02-13-2005, 07:59 AM
Pretty stupid. But that just means no WWE shows in Missouri, like you titled it. I mean, there are other states the company's never been in, right? Didn't they until recently never go to Oregon?
Has the WWE ever been to Idaho? I'm sure they could set up an angle where Kane chokeslams the Idaho Potato... :shifty:

Kane Knight
02-13-2005, 11:46 AM
Has the WWE ever been to Idaho? I'm sure they could set up an angle where Kane chokeslams the Idaho Potato... :shifty:
You're stealing that from when Raw did a house show in Vermont, and he double chokeslammed the "Vermont Lesbians," the new state mascot.

:shifty:

I have to agree with Da Funk though, this is some retarded shit. Not that I care much, I just think it's pretty stupid.

Kane Knight
02-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Besides...

look at some of the names who can't work in the state. Shelton Benjamin
Do they even LET black people work in Misouri?

Except, you know, as "the help?"

tucsonspeed6
02-14-2005, 10:21 AM
Besides...

Do they even LET black people work in Misouri?

Except, you know, as "the help?"

I think you're thinking of Mississippi. Missouri isn't all that far south...(though as a citizen of Illinois I can't help but wonder sometimes about the pedigree of some individuals west of St. Louis.)

But as for this news. It sucks. Raw hasn't been in St. Louis in about 3 years, and this crap means it'll be even longer til I get to see a raw show. England will probably see more shows than I will. :(

But nobody will get more exposure to the product than Canada. Wasn't it just a couple weeks ago when Orton gave that promo about Toronto (I think it was toronto)? He said something about how he had won the title there just a few months before. Now excuse me, but I personally think that if the WWE wants to get good money from the gate, shouldn't they try to expand their range beyond the North East, Canada, and the occasional show overseas?

Kane Knight
02-14-2005, 11:20 AM
I wasn't thinking specifically of the DEEP south. :p