PDA

View Full Version : I'm not afraid of you

BigDaddyCool
02-13-2005, 05:12 PM
But all these Japanese people are. They eat noodles.
All you are is a dinosaur. I'm not afraid of you. You know who else is a dinosaur. Big Show is. He is 500 million pound dinosaur. He eats pizza. I'm not afriad of him.

Or something to that effect. That has to be one of the funniest promos I have ever seen.

The One
02-13-2005, 05:15 PM
I'm afraid of everything...especially the internet and dinos :(

Gouda
02-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Yeah I was laughing my head off. Then the dinosaur tipped over and it looked like it fell on his title. I was waiting for him to go "That's my title!" and start fighting the dinosaur.

Then I wanted to see Big Show chokeslam someone onto it.

JBL is GOLD. I'm thinking if they didn't put him into the title picture right away and built up his character first to the point where it is, people wouldn't have minded so much.

And when he first saw the dinosaur it was classic... Mezmerised look in his eyes... goes over... camera pans to reveal a dinosaur.

jerichoholic169
02-13-2005, 05:56 PM
i used to really hate JBL when he first got the title. however the last couple of months he's really grown on me. that promo with the inflatable dinosaur was just the crowning point IMO. and then when he ended up stood in his boxers with his trousers round his ankles!! fantastic!! and then he suddenly came out of his drugged up state to beat up the big show......why cant we have JBL mark2 on RAW??!

Savio
02-13-2005, 06:15 PM
Yeah I started laughing out loud when he said "he eats pizza" and I haven't done that since Vinces lie detector test.

Mr. Nerfect
02-14-2005, 06:44 AM
That was a great promo. :y:

I sort of predicted it was a set-up, though.

Rammsteinmad
02-14-2005, 09:38 AM
Ha ha ha!!! JBL's the man!

tucsonspeed6
02-14-2005, 09:48 AM
I don't know... It wasn't my style of humor. The part about Big Show eating pizza was pretty funny, but everything else just didn't kick with me. Now, if JBL used the dinosaur as a weapon and somebody sold it, that'd be classic comedy right there.

M. Banana
02-14-2005, 10:28 AM
That's the funniest promo I've ever seen! Mind you, I've only been watching SmackDown for a year. =\

They should do more funny promos like that, only without JBL being drugged or whatever.. Like they did at the Rumble. It may have only been funny to me though..

"I'm a wrestlin' god!"
"Now, hold up a minute playa"
"...wrestlin' god.."

Gertner
02-14-2005, 04:27 PM
I don't know why people hate JBL. I friggen love him as the champion

Gouda
02-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Carlito = Racoon Head.

RGWhat316
02-14-2005, 04:46 PM
JBL was the man on Thursday. I just laughed my ass off throughout the whole time. I even heard JBL speak spanish to Carltio, even thought it was mumbling. I thought he was really out of it until he started mentioning of how he was gonna beat Big Show. He couldn't even decide what Godzilla was, he said lizard, dragon, and dinosaur. JBL = Just Beat a Lizard. :lol:

Londoner
02-14-2005, 04:58 PM
i used to really hate JBL when he first got the title. however the last couple of months he's really grown on me. that promo with the inflatable dinosaur was just the crowning point IMO. and then when he ended up stood in his boxers with his trousers round his ankles!! fantastic!! and then he suddenly came out of his drugged up state to beat up the big show......why cant we have JBL mark2 on RAW??!

If your saying JBL should go to Raw cos he's on SD! then fuck off, i'm saying that to anyone who sugests wrestlers from SD! should go to raw, how do u expect SD! to get big when your solutions are take everyone from SD! to raw?

Gone Mad
02-14-2005, 05:00 PM
I loved that promo. That has to be the best thing JBL has done in his title reign yet. Kinda sad really.

jerichoholic169
02-14-2005, 06:06 PM
If your saying JBL should go to Raw cos he's on SD! then fuck off, i'm saying that to anyone who sugests wrestlers from SD! should go to raw, how do u expect SD! to get big when your solutions are take everyone from SD! to raw?

erm maybe you should read what i said again: why cant we have JBL mark2 on RAW??!

i meant why cant we have a funny a guy as JBL is at the moment on RAW instead of "I am the gaaameeee" all the time. I never said anything about transferring JBL to RAW. calm down

ColdwaVer
02-14-2005, 08:46 PM
I really wanted to see the Clothesline From Hell on the inflatable dino. But that whole thing was total gold.

"You got a Chia Pet on your head... how'd you get that through customs?"

Corkscrewed
02-15-2005, 03:44 AM
:rofl:

The Godzilla bit has got to be my favorite JBL segment of the year. Really, his character is just awesome. And he actually has two credible wins now, which is why I don't mind as much. Granted, he's still prolly a jerk in person, but I was laughing my ass off as he stumbled around wasted last Thursday. It occurred to me that it was a setup about a minute before Big Show came out, but while it lasted, that was just hilarious shit. He had about fifty classic lines, most of which have been said already on here, and the facial expressions were classic.

Londoner
02-15-2005, 07:30 PM
Jericoholic, sorry mate, just sick of people's solutions being taking all of SD!'s stars to raw, so yeah i understand what you mean, im tired of the same shit on Raw every week aswell.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Out of curiousity, has anyone found a video of this online?