PDA

View Full Version : TNA To Lose 2 Talents From Their Roster

KayfabeMan
02-16-2005, 06:20 PM
"Mike Johnson reported tbis afternoon that Frankie Kazarian has given his notice to TNA management as of yesterday's IMPACT tapings.

It seems to be a repeat of what happened with AByss, as according to one source, Kazarian's contract actually expired late in 2004, and Kazarian was never asked to sign a new contract, so he had been working without a deal for all of 2005.

Kazarian previously held the X-Division championship with tag team partner Michael Shane."

Also, this comes in from Alex Shelley

Well, I think most people who read this have heard, but allow me to announce it anyway.

In the month of March, I'll be on tour with the Zero One Max promotion in Japan, as well as working a show for Wrestle-Aid. It turns out that Mr. Go from Wrestle-Aid, and Mr. Nakamura from Zero One Max, are friends from years ago in New Japan. Therefore, it's alright for me to work for both companies. Much thanks go out to Corino, Spanky, Sonjay, and Legend for helping me out with everything.

Regardless, I'll be in Japan from March 12th-28th. And I couldn't be happier! The chance to wrestle, train, and live in Japan, albeit briefly, is something I've wanted to do since I was younger and first started watching wrestling closely. And I couldn't ask for better company over there! Last time I was in Japan was in October for Wrestle-Aid, and I had so much fun. I would've gone back in December, but TNA had said that they needed me for tapings the week of the show, which they then cancelled me off of. By the time I tried to get back on, it was too late.

Speaking of TNA, I'll have an update on that soon, along with some details of why I'm not there. For everyone that's interested, I asked for my release in early January, but for whatever reason, have yet to recieve it.

On Shawn Michaels using "Talent on Loan From God", that's fine by me. For one, Rush Limbaugh came up with the saying, and even then, I borrowed it from The King of Catchphrases, CK3. He had some other good ones too that I fail to remember. HBK's HBK. He can do whatever he wants. Besides, I use a Superkick.

Like I said, more big things coming up, hopefully. Wrestle-Aid is planning on expanding its schedule to do a tour in April or May, and hopefully I'll be on that. I'll update more soon.

Oh, before I forget, I'd like to thank everyone out at PWG! PWG is now one of my favorite places to wrestle and hang out. So much fun out there. I can't wait to come back, and the company itself is chalk full of great workers. Allow me to go on record as saying the west coast doesn't get the credit it deserves!

The One
02-16-2005, 08:07 PM
I honestly don't give a flying rats ass about Shelly, for my money I think he was somewhat lazy and wasn't quite up to par with what we have come to expect from the X-Division...and TNA has enough jobbers to get their main guys over I don't think losing Alex will make anyone question the stability of TNA.

Frankie Kazarian on the other hand I DO like. I think he is wonderful in the ring, and has a certain "I am the shit [on the indie circut]" type feel to him. He wasn't going to make any money for TNA though, so losing him isn't terrible, just kind of a shame. This does on the other hand make for a wonderful chance to do something with Michael Shane (my personal favorite out of the team). I have seen Shane work many a singles matches, and I see great things for him (no where near the likes of his cousin, but getting half of what his cousin got would still be a lifetime of greatness). He has that certain look that I think is bigger then the Indie Feds. He definatly has charisma, and is aces in the ring.

With the constant in-flux of stars in TNA, as well as this guy or that guy leaving every month or so I have come to realise that no one in TNA really matters other then Styles, Daniels, and Raven...I basically as of my count those are the only people who draw anyone. (though I heard someone on campus yesterday talking about how pissed he was Nash didn't win the title, I asumed he was mentally retarded so I paid it little mind)

*That last shot was for you Josh ;) *

mitch_h
02-16-2005, 08:18 PM
What Shelley is the goods. He doesn't really work the ultra spotty TNA style though. Plus he has great charisma. Kazarian is absolute shit though, anything he has done outside of PWG is trash.

KayfabeMan
02-16-2005, 08:27 PM
I honestly don't give a flying rats ass about Shelly, for my money I think he was somewhat lazy and wasn't quite up to par with what we have come to expect from the X-Division...and TNA has enough jobbers to get their main guys over I don't think losing Alex will make anyone question the stability of TNA.

I agree with that 100%.

He doesn't do a damn thing for me, and brings nothing to the table, IMO.

I know a lot of the guys who have worked with him have even complained on him, due to his "style" being too carny and shit. That's fine and dandy if you are a face, but as a heel, that style doesn't work at all. He also seems to like calling the whole match in advance, which shows you have no ability to really work a match.

Shaggy
02-17-2005, 01:10 AM
I hope Kazarian stays....Shelly is ok but Kazarian is one of the best in that ring...

KayfabeMan
02-17-2005, 02:07 AM
Who knows though, this past Sunday Kazarian layed out to NASCAR's Jeff Hammond.

Either TNA could let that be his final note with the company, and leave it at that - or it might be possible to work something out and bring him back. I don't really have a big opinion on what they should do with it, but with this situation it could go either way.

Corkscrewed
02-17-2005, 04:52 AM
Wow, Splaya, guess what you said that night turned out true. Beware wrestlers... if Splaya gets your AIM s/n, you'll soon be out of a job! :D

Maybe that's why he blocked you. ;)

KayfabeMan
02-17-2005, 03:18 PM
Well, lookie here - according to PWBTS and other sites:

"Frankie Kazarian has quit TNA due to being offered a developmental deal with WWE. Kazarian was under contract with TNA until the contact expired in January. This is a huge over sight by TNA management as Kazarian is widely considered one of the hotter prospects in the US".

Normal Is Me
02-17-2005, 10:50 PM
For a lot of good reasons, I can see some awesome matches/interactions/promos involving Christian and Kazarian together, no matter if they were teaming up or feuding with one another.