PDA

View Full Version : Well it might happen after all: Mania Match

Loose Cannon
02-17-2005, 09:27 PM
*Credit: Torch

Vignettes are already in production right now for Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker for WrestleMania 21.

With the scheduled tag match off at WrestleMania, this could open up a spot for Matt Hardy at WrestleMania, with one person speculating of a three way with Kane, Snitzky, and Hardy with Lita at ringside.

----------------------------

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

McLegend
02-17-2005, 09:38 PM
I wanna see Orton kill a Legend besides Ric Flair. So it should be good if it actually happens. Be even better if he goes heel which would seem likely.

Gouda
02-17-2005, 09:41 PM
But.... What about Heidy/Gene?! They're hilarious together! You mean we won't get to see them work together again?

From Lance Storms's website:

" Q: Whats the strangest thing you've ever seen in wrestling?
A: That Gene Snitsky-John Heidenreich, “I like you too” promo is up there!!!!!!"

Lance is da man.

McLegend
02-17-2005, 09:45 PM
But.... What about Heidy/Gene?! They're hilarious together! You mean we won't get to see them work together again?

From Lance Storms's website:

" Q: Whats the strangest thing you've ever seen in wrestling?
A: That Gene Snitsky-John Heidenreich, “I like you too” promo is up there!!!!!!"

Lance is da man.

It's not that I don't want to see them I would just rather see this match.

Also Heidenrich and Snitsky are probably the best comedic duo of our time.

Splaya
02-17-2005, 09:45 PM
Thank fucking god. Lc thank you for posting this

Shadow
02-17-2005, 09:46 PM
Question for you guys.

What exactly is Randy's motivation for going heel and killing the Undertaker's streak? Seriouslly.

Sorry to rain on your parade there LC, I'm just trying to cover all bases.

McLegend
02-17-2005, 09:58 PM
Shadow thats why we have to wait and see? It might not even happen.

Sydney
02-17-2005, 10:13 PM
I would really like to see Orton win that match if its made official. Im really tired of seeing the Undertaker win again anyway. Its time he put someone else over.

Gouda
02-17-2005, 10:15 PM
Question for you guys.

What exactly is Randy's motivation for going heel and killing the Undertaker's streak? Seriouslly.

Sorry to rain on your parade there LC, I'm just trying to cover all bases.
Because he's frustrated that he isn't what he once was. He was on a six month undefeated streak, but now he gets his ass handed to him on regular ocassions because he has "softened up". But from now on he's going to toughen up again and become what he once was, and what better than to unseat the greatest legend of them all, Undertaker's undefeated WM streak?

Shadow
02-17-2005, 10:19 PM
Because he's frustrated that he isn't what he once was. He was on a six month undefeated streak, but now he gets his ass handed to him on regular ocassions because he has "softened up". But from now on he's going to toughen up again and become what he once was, and what better than to unseat the greatest legend of them all, Undertaker's undefeated WM streak?

Gouda got my question.

The CyNick
02-17-2005, 10:41 PM
Taker-Orton is much better than that crappy tag match. Well, only if Taker is going to JOB, which he wont.

Poor Matt.

Crippler 666
02-17-2005, 10:42 PM
It would suck if they done the same thing as what happened when Kevin Nash fought Hollywood Hogan!!!!

Red & Black vs Black & White

Batista vs HHH

lets hope not

Gouda
02-17-2005, 10:49 PM
It would suck if they done the same thing as what happened when Kevin Nash fought Hollywood Hogan!!!!

Red & Black vs Black & White

Batista vs HHH

lets hope not
Where did that come from? A topic about Orton vs. Taker and you bring up Batista vs. HHH?

John la Rock
02-17-2005, 11:17 PM
oh man Orton vs Taker would be $$$

if done right

I-Hate-You
02-17-2005, 11:54 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

Hired Hitman
02-18-2005, 12:17 AM
Might need more than a months building... I mean it's the undertaker... unless they get Orton to run in at N.W.O. but Batista is there... it might overshadow that... who says there can't be two good things in one night?

The Icon of Elisim
02-18-2005, 12:26 AM
I think it wouldn't be too hard to set up an Undertaker-Orton angle.

Lets say Bischoff and Long have a couple vignettes on a show to work out interpromotional matches for WM. Long keeps on bragging how no one on the Raw roster can beat UT at Wrestlemania since he is the greatest WM legend of all time. So Bischoff shoots back saying that he has a legend killer on his roster and a match is signed.

The build up would be more of a respect match (ie Rock-Hogan) with the fans hopefully turning on Orton

Hired Hitman
02-18-2005, 12:30 AM
does anyone turn heel in a respect match?

remember hogan and rock... hogan turned face :o

RP
02-18-2005, 02:06 AM
Maybe the deadman will actually die this time.

Corkscrewed
02-18-2005, 06:02 AM
I'd have to agree with it being a bad decision. For one, there's absolutely zero buildup. And even if Orton were to win, there'd still be little sense to it. It'd seem like a freak event.

And turning Orton heel doesn't make sense with the current direction they're going with him. I never heard about the tag match off, but I'd much rather seen Reigns extend his feud with Taker into Wrestlemania. Luther cut some awesome promos and I'm really getting into his character. He's impressed me a lot with his skills, especially for a "hoss."

Pegasus Crawford
02-18-2005, 07:44 AM
If the match were to happen, the buildup should have started back at the Royal Rumble, or at least had some kind of hint to it.

Tornado
02-18-2005, 07:48 AM
Orton v Taker > Heidenreich/Snitsky v Taker/Kane

Corkscrewed
02-18-2005, 04:25 PM
Yeah but that's like saying getting hit by a car > getting castrated by a pack of ravenous rats who enjoy eating human testicles.

KingofOldSchool
02-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Taker/Kane vs. Snitsky/Heindenreich and Orton vs. Christian > Taker vs. Orton and Kane vs. Snitsky vs. Hardy

tucsonspeed6
02-18-2005, 06:43 PM
Speaking of whether or not feuds will start before WM21, what ever happened to the Jericho/Benoit feud? It had what appeared to be the best start of all the WM21 feuds, but it ended with each man getting a victory. The next week after the submission match, Jericho started the show with his Highlight reel, which nearly made me jump out of my seat because I was expecting his guest to be Benoit. But instead of furthering their feud, McMahon must have scrapped it in order to capitolize off of the whore of the week, Peggy Notallent. For those of you who didn't get to see the segment, imagine Gene Snitsky with a really high, nasaly voice (almost as if he were pinching his nose) and doing a WORSE job at making his promo sound legit. That's what this girl sounded like. It makes me wonder how many takes they had to do for that comercial. Worse yet, Jericho had to act like she was more desirable than Hassan while suggesting that Hassan was a homosexual. On a personal note, after hearing her puke out her two lines of the night, I'd choose Hassan over her....and I'm straight! Understandably, the sex with Candice would probably be tons better (with earplugs of course) but when it comes to companionship, I'd rather listen to Hassan's constant anti-USA rants than Candice's floppy tongue slurp out another nails on the chalkboard chunk of complete nonsense. Really, I don't know where I'm going with this. I just wanted to say that I'm devistated that a really good feud was taken away from me to make room for a whore.

Fox
02-18-2005, 10:52 PM
....right.

Anyways, Taker vs. Orton could be a huge money match if it were built up right, but they don't have very much time to do it in.

Gouda has the best idea, with Orton making a heel turn based on the fact that he's been a little bitch ever since he turned face. Some people in this thread seem to believe that it cannot be done, and that they don't have enough time to build up for such a huge match. I disagree.

They have to start at No Way Out though. I'd suggest Orton interfering in Taker's match and costing him the victory, followed by a beatdown of massive proportions. Taker will be made to look vulnerable to the young Randy Orton, with the use of chair shots and at least one RKO.

The next night on RAW, Orton cuts a promo at the top of the hour about why he did what he did. He'll go over his losses since Summerslam, his horrible depression since becoming a good guy, his lack of drive to be the best, and most of all, his hidden resentment toward the fans who only started to respect him AFTER he was taken out by Triple H. He'll say he was the Legend Killer, the best young stud in the WWE today, but when he basked in the glory of the fans' admiration, he lost sight of who he really was. Pretending that No Way Out was already a victory, Orton will say he killed Undertaker, and that anyone else who considers themselves a legend in this business ought to watch out.

The last 20 minutes of RAW comes, and it focuses around Batista's decision of which champion to challenge at WrestleMania 21. He finally decides that he wants a shot at Triple H's title. HHH says it's going to be a great, friendly, competitive match. Batista shakes his head and smiles, and says he doesn't care about a friendly match - he cares about winning the World Heavyweight Title. Flair is sneaking up on Batista, but Dave turns around and gives him a spinebuster. He begins beating down on Triple H, when suddenly Randy Orton pops out of nowhere and delivers an RKO to Batista! Randy Orton has rejoined Evolution!

As Evolution stands victorious on the rampway, with a bloody Batista struggling to his feet in the ring, the lights go out. A bell sounds. We know what this means. The lights come back on and Orton is staring up at the screen, where there is a tombstone in a dark graveyard with Orton's name on it, and REST IN PEACE written in blood. The scene fades out to Orton's terrified eyes.

This would establish Orton as a heel not only by turning on the fans, but also by realligning himself with Evolution, which I believe he needs to make his Legend Killer gimmick work again. Ending the show with Orton/Taker teasers may take away from the Batista/HHH angle, but the Orton/Taker angle can be worked on Smackdown as well, and Batista/HHH will have plenty of time before Mania.

Shadow
02-18-2005, 11:32 PM
....right.

Anyways, Taker vs. Orton could be a huge money match if it were built up right, but they don't have very much time to do it in.

Gouda has the best idea, with Orton making a heel turn based on the fact that he's been a little bitch ever since he turned face. Some people in this thread seem to believe that it cannot be done, and that they don't have enough time to build up for such a huge match. I disagree.

They have to start at No Way Out though. I'd suggest Orton interfering in Taker's match and costing him the victory, followed by a beatdown of massive proportions. Taker will be made to look vulnerable to the young Randy Orton, with the use of chair shots and at least one RKO.

The next night on RAW, Orton cuts a promo at the top of the hour about why he did what he did. He'll go over his losses since Summerslam, his horrible depression since becoming a good guy, his lack of drive to be the best, and most of all, his hidden resentment toward the fans who only started to respect him AFTER he was taken out by Triple H. He'll say he was the Legend Killer, the best young stud in the WWE today, but when he basked in the glory of the fans' admiration, he lost sight of who he really was. Pretending that No Way Out was already a victory, Orton will say he killed Undertaker, and that anyone else who considers themselves a legend in this business ought to watch out.

The last 20 minutes of RAW comes, and it focuses around Batista's decision of which champion to challenge at WrestleMania 21. He finally decides that he wants a shot at Triple H's title. HHH says it's going to be a great, friendly, competitive match. Batista shakes his head and smiles, and says he doesn't care about a friendly match - he cares about winning the World Heavyweight Title. Flair is sneaking up on Batista, but Dave turns around and gives him a spinebuster. He begins beating down on Triple H, when suddenly Randy Orton pops out of nowhere and delivers an RKO to Batista! Randy Orton has rejoined Evolution!

As Evolution stands victorious on the rampway, with a bloody Batista struggling to his feet in the ring, the lights go out. A bell sounds. We know what this means. The lights come back on and Orton is staring up at the screen, where there is a tombstone in a dark graveyard with Orton's name on it, and REST IN PEACE written in blood. The scene fades out to Orton's terrified eyes.

This would establish Orton as a heel not only by turning on the fans, but also by realligning himself with Evolution, which I believe he needs to make his Legend Killer gimmick work again. Ending the show with Orton/Taker teasers may take away from the Batista/HHH angle, but the Orton/Taker angle can be worked on Smackdown as well, and Batista/HHH will have plenty of time before Mania.

That is the only way it could work really. Which means it won't happen. Damn the WWE!

Lara Emily
02-19-2005, 01:45 AM
See thing is Orton really isn't going to be the future of the WWE, he might have had a chance but they've killed him off so badly, that he'll need a year or two to really get back in stride and wasting the UT undefeated WM streak on him now is just a bad idea.

#1-norm-fan
02-19-2005, 02:14 AM
I can't see either of them turning heel and I can't see 'Taker in a "respect" match for some reason. It just doesn't fit the gimmick. I don't know. This sounds like a bad idea.

Innovator
02-19-2005, 12:35 PM
*Credit: Torch

Vignettes are already in production right now for Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker for WrestleMania 21.

With the scheduled tag match off at WrestleMania, this could open up a spot for Matt Hardy at WrestleMania, with one person speculating of a three way with Kane, Snitzky, and Hardy with Lita at ringside.

----------------------------

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.OMG LC IM AM MARKING THE FUCK OUT RIGHT NOW BUT IF YOU ARENT THEN IM NOT BUT SERIOUSLY BOW DOWN IM MARKING OUT LOL

The CyNick
02-19-2005, 12:45 PM
i think its the perfect time to end the streak. Taker needs to put someone over while he's still relevant. Orton could use a big kick start and a heel turn. I think having him beat Taker at Mania would accomplish both of those goals.

M. Banana
02-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Okay.. see. There's a few reasons why this probably won't happen.. but I'll just list the main ONE.

It's a good idea..and of course.. this is the WWE..

Rockgurl
02-19-2005, 03:29 PM
I think it wouldn't be too hard to set up an Undertaker-Orton angle.

Lets say Bischoff and Long have a couple vignettes on a show to work out interpromotional matches for WM. Long keeps on bragging how no one on the Raw roster can beat UT at Wrestlemania since he is the greatest WM legend of all time. So Bischoff shoots back saying that he has a legend killer on his roster and a match is signed.

The build up would be more of a respect match (ie Rock-Hogan) with the fans hopefully turning on Orton

Are you comparing Orton to The Rock :eek: ??? That's ridiculous. Orton is nothing compared to the Rock at this point, and IMO, never will be. Rock vs Hogan was a legend vs legend match. Orton is faaaaar from being a legend. Orton SUCKS!!!

Disturbed316
02-19-2005, 04:55 PM
What happened to the tag match? Why is it off?

Fox
02-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Cause Taker didn't like the sound of it. And who could blame him? The past two years he's been part of subpar matches at Mania, and he wants to do something bigger.

At XIX he faced Big Show and A-Train in a handicap match, which he won when his tag team partner Nathan Jones (who, at the last minute, was decided not to be "ready" for a Mania match of this calibur) came out and helped him pick up the win.

At XX, his huge return against Kane was a major let down to most fans, as he didn't come back the way we expected, and had a poor squash match with Kane.

Orton vs. Taker is gonna be great. Not only will it push Orton back to where he was before Summerslam by giving him a win against the 12-0 Undertaker, but it sets up a strong opponent for Batista after he wins the World Title.

Evolution
02-19-2005, 07:28 PM
You really think Batista will take the title at Mania? Uh-uh. Backlash maybe.

Remember, HHH did the job at WMXX, he won't do it twice in a row.

Which can be good. While Batista carries on chasing the title after WM up to Backlash, RKO can be getting more important victories under his belt, people like Michaels (I know, it's been done to death, but HBK is established so it would work) Benoit, Y2J, Edge, Snitzky, V1, Kane, anybody on the RAW roster that was either in the Elimination Chamber at NYR of is a big guy.

But yeah, Mr Sunday Night's ida seems the way to go for Orton vs Taker.

Strange enough I actually had a similar thought of Batista getting kickoe out of Evolution by Randy a couple of days ago.

Kane Knight
02-19-2005, 07:54 PM
See thing is Orton really isn't going to be the future of the WWE, he might have had a chance but they've killed him off so badly, that he'll need a year or two to really get back in stride and wasting the UT undefeated WM streak on him now is just a bad idea.
LEt's wait until Taker has to wrestle with a walker. :|

Corkscrewed
02-19-2005, 09:39 PM
Hey man, Taker's hardcore. He can destroy people with walkers. Anyone see what he did with a chair? That chair to the throat shove down chokey thingy? Yup. Taker can chokeslam someone onto the rocker and be h4Rdc0r3zzzzZZZ!!!!11!!!!!!

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2005, 03:28 AM
Mr Sunday Night's got a great way to launch this feud, I think. But if you wanted to have Batista lose at WrestleMania, you could hold off Orton joining Evolution until WrestleMania, when he costs Dave the match.

Pegasus Crawford
02-20-2005, 03:36 AM
i think its the perfect time to end the streak. Taker needs to put someone over while he's still relevant. Orton could use a big kick start and a heel turn. I think having him beat Taker at Mania would accomplish both of those goals.

Let's say Orton DOES go over The Undertaker clean. He'll be a strong heel, no one will deny that. But when he does get "fed" (and we know he will) to Batista, what then? :-\

I'm a big Undertaker mark, but I believe the person who goes over Taker can't be someone who'll go back to being squashed a year later.

The CyNick
02-20-2005, 01:51 PM
Let's say Orton DOES go over The Undertaker clean. He'll be a strong heel, no one will deny that. But when he does get "fed" (and we know he will) to Batista, what then? :-\

I'm a big Undertaker mark, but I believe the person who goes over Taker can't be someone who'll go back to being squashed a year later.

I dont think that will happen actually.

I think what will happen is that Orton will go to SD, turn heel and be set up down the road for a big program with Cena. In fact I think that match will headline Mania 22 on the SD side.

KingofOldSchool
02-20-2005, 01:57 PM
I dont think that will happen actually.

I think what will happen is that Orton will go to SD, turn heel and be set up down the road for a big program with Cena. In fact I think that match will headline Mania 22 on the SD side.

I'd like to see Orton goto Smackdown without having a major Smackdown guy goto Raw.

This way it will give Smackdown another much needed main event heel, there are enough guys on Raw that could be in a main event role (Christian, Jericho, Benoit, Kane, Hassan, etc.) who could just shift into Orton's "spot."

Kane Knight
02-20-2005, 02:02 PM

So he should be fed to Triple H, then?

He's the only other guy with any real tenure.

Pegasus Crawford
02-22-2005, 01:22 AM
So he should be fed to Triple H, then?

Didn't he already get fed to Triple H? :(