PDA

View Full Version : Almost March of 2005...

PullMyFinger
02-17-2005, 10:15 PM
Sources are telling us that Ted Turner is considering a return to the professional wrestling business, which was what put his TBS network on the map 25 years ago.

When he signed documents that merged AOL with Time Warner, he agreed that his decision making power would be lost. He also agreed that he would never compete against AOL Time Warner in the wrestling industry. Sources say that this agreement will end in March of 2005.

In March of 2001, Brad Siegel and Jamie Kellner cancelled WCW programming, thus driving a steak into the heart of the company that led to its demise. The company was then sold to WWE, who then “injected it with a lethal dose of poison”, for lack of a better term. With the WCW acquisition, also came a five-year no-compete clause between AOL Time Warner and WWE, which expires in March of 2006.

Ted Turner is rumored as already laying down the groundwork for the promotion. We have been told that he has been sending out feelers to Steve Austin and Bill Goldberg asking if they would like to be involved in the project. If everything indeed goes forward, Goldberg and Austin would be the two main attractions, much like Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall in WCW during the mid 1990s.
-----------------------------------

Did this thing fall and die out? Or is it still alive?

Normal Is Me
02-17-2005, 10:38 PM
Sources are telling us that Ted Turner is considering a return to the professional wrestling business, which was what put his TBS network on the map 25 years ago.

When he signed documents that merged AOL with Time Warner, he agreed that his decision making power would be lost. He also agreed that he would never compete against AOL Time Warner in the wrestling industry. Sources say that this agreement will end in March of 2005.

In March of 2001, Brad Siegel and Jamie Kellner cancelled WCW programming, thus driving a steak into the heart of the company that led to its demise. The company was then sold to WWE, who then “injected it with a lethal dose of poison”, for lack of a better term. With the WCW acquisition, also came a five-year no-compete clause between AOL Time Warner and WWE, which expires in March of 2006.

Ted Turner is rumored as already laying down the groundwork for the promotion. We have been told that he has been sending out feelers to Steve Austin and Bill Goldberg asking if they would like to be involved in the project. If everything indeed goes forward, Goldberg and Austin would be the two main attractions, much like Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall in WCW during the mid 1990s.
-----------------------------------

Did this thing fall and die out? Or is it still alive?
Sources say that this agreement will end in March of 2005?
Or
With the WCW acquisition, also came a five-year no-compete clause between AOL Time Warner and WWE, which expires in March of 2006

It says it was a five year agreement. March of 2005 would only make it year number four, (I can add). BTW, Ted Turner does not have the kind of money that he had back then, Austin's neck is fucked, Goldberg sucks and WCW fucking sucked!

The Naitch
02-17-2005, 10:50 PM
He should merge with TNA, unless that's impossible in some business sense....

PullMyFinger
02-17-2005, 11:01 PM
Competition is great.w

KayfabeMan
02-18-2005, 04:40 AM
Goldberg sucks and WCW fucking sucked!

You took the time to make the list, at least include yourself.

KayfabeMan
02-18-2005, 04:42 AM
He should merge with TNA, unless that's impossible in some business sense....

He could buy into TNA, but I wouldn't do it if I were him - not without some major changes first. Keep letting the guys run the company and it'll turn out the same way that WCW unfortunately did. Too many captains on one boat.

The Naitch
02-18-2005, 04:50 AM
I wonder who's worse? JJ or HHH?

Shaggy
02-18-2005, 10:25 AM
I hope something starts up...god knows that the fans need some monday night wars going on to bring WWE back up..

Xero
02-19-2005, 12:26 AM
If Turner ever did create a promotion, or buys out TNA, I would say, instead of going head-to-head with RAW (WWE's top show in the eyes of many), they should go head-to-head with SmackDown! Why? Because SmackDown! seems to be the lacking brand and if it's lacking, and there's another promotion to watch, they can switch over. In any case, I don't think it would be wise to go head-to-head with RAW right away. Start smaller on Thursdays, build it up, and bring back a Monday show.

Of course, this could work for really any promotion with the right money and station.

The CyNick
02-19-2005, 12:56 PM
Monday has always been the "wrestling night", if you are going to compete go there.