PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here use Netflix or the Blockbuster mail rental?

Kane Knight
02-23-2005, 11:10 AM
Yeah, so I had no clue where to put this. Sue me. IT's here because it's about renting movies.

So When I saw this idea, it seemed stupid. "Who the fuck is too lazy to drive to a video store?"

Then I realised how useful it could be for me. You see, I have two video shops, and even the Blockbuster's got like 4 movies. The rental pass at Blockbuster would be great if they had a selection. They don't.

So I'm kind of wondering how good the service is in general. I'd like an option beyond the like 7 videos in town.

Mister Sinister
02-23-2005, 12:03 PM
I have it...it's pretty good I guess, I mean, all you pay for is the monthly charge, they pay for postal both ways, and they have a great selection of movies...I mean, me and my roomate use it and we have over a 500 DVD Que list, and there are many more to add...

But they have everything from Wrestling DVD, to B Movie Horror flicks to Anime and TV Shows, like Family Guy, Aqua Teen Hunger Force etc....and pretty much you're pretty quick to get the movie...Basically say you send them off on Monday, You will have your movies to watch on Wednesday

G
02-23-2005, 12:14 PM
I have the Movie Pass, but thinking of switching to one of these because of the $10 difference. I use to get my moneys worth, but I've only rented like 2 movies in Feb. Just not motivated enough to drive there. Would be a lot nicer to have them come to you. :y:

DaveWadding
02-23-2005, 12:23 PM
been using it since September (Blockbuster; cheaper + free rentals) and I like it. It's real convienient like.

Kane Knight
02-23-2005, 12:52 PM
been using it since September (Blockbuster; cheaper + free rentals + IM FAT! LOLOLOLZ) and I like it. It's real convienient like.
Sorry, Dave. Gotta go the VEL "cheap shot" route.

Triple A
02-23-2005, 04:53 PM
Yeah, I tried both Netflix and Blockbuster. I canceled Blockbuster's because it is awful.

If you are going to get it, definitely get Netflix. It is $3 more a month but well worth it.

When they send out movies, Netflix comes the very next day, and three movies come at a time, all at once. Then you ship them, they get them the next day, and you get three more movies the day after.

With Blockbuster, it usually takes like fucking 2-3 days for you to get the movies and then you only get one at a time. Like one will arrive, then another a day later, then the third two days later or some shit. It is terrible. Same with when you ship them back. It is a real shitty service.

Netflix is way better and more reliable and consistent.

#1-norm-fan
02-23-2005, 05:32 PM
I have Netflix. It's good times. Crazy selection.

KleptoKlown
02-23-2005, 09:44 PM
I use zip.ca

Canadian site, but it works great, better than movie stores.

Supermark101
02-23-2005, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I tried both Netflix and Blockbuster. I canceled Blockbuster's because it is awful.

If you are going to get it, definitely get Netflix. It is $3 more a month but well worth it.

When they send out movies, Netflix comes the very next day, and three movies come at a time, all at once. Then you ship them, they get them the next day, and you get three more movies the day after.

With Blockbuster, it usually takes like fucking 2-3 days for you to get the movies and then you only get one at a time. Like one will arrive, then another a day later, then the third two days later or some shit. It is terrible. Same with when you ship them back. It is a real shitty service.

Netflix is way better and more reliable and consistent.

I have had the same problem with Netflix. I use blockbuster I like there selection a little better.

Buzzkill
02-24-2005, 01:06 AM
NetFlix >>>>>>>>>>>> Blockbuster

Hardkore Kidd J
02-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Been using nexflix for a while. See, it's not about being lazy. It's that they have more DVD'S and there's no late charge. And for NetFlix at least you can rent as many DVD'S as you want in one month and the monthly charge would still remain like 20 dollars.

Bad Guy
03-05-2005, 09:38 PM
I would recommend netflix. Return whenever you want no late fees. I think there are 2 different deals, one for like 11.99 but you are limited to how many you can rent per month, and then there is a 17.99 which is unlimited, but you can only have possession of 3 at a time.