PDA

View Full Version : I talked to Randy Orton

Marc the Smark
02-24-2005, 01:45 PM
He was on 94 HJY, a local radio station, promoting RAW coming to Providence. He was taking phone calls, and I asked him who in the WWE he'd like to wrestle who he hasn't wrestled yet. He said WrestleMania's coming up and that he didn't know what the plans were yet, but that he'd like to wrestle The Undertaker. (Gee, not too much of a surprise, right?) Anyway, he was cool and I figured I'd pass this along.

TerranRich
02-24-2005, 01:49 PM
Hey, I live in the Providence area as well and I heard that interview. :)

Kane Knight
02-24-2005, 01:54 PM
Did you ask how Amy was? :naughty:

Nowhere Man
02-24-2005, 01:55 PM
I saw him shopping at Target when Raw came to Huntsville. Didn't get to talk to him, so you got one up on me.

Marc the Smark
02-24-2005, 02:04 PM
Hey, I live in the Providence area as well and I heard that interview. :)

Are you serious? Do you have it on tape by any chance????????

TerranRich
02-24-2005, 02:21 PM
No, I don't usually tape anything, sorry. :\

Corkscrewed
02-24-2005, 03:55 PM
you should have asked him how they're gonna possibly build it up, then make fun of him when he struggles to come up with an adequate solution. :shifty:

SuperSlim
02-24-2005, 04:08 PM
that would be funny.

Loose Cannon
02-24-2005, 04:10 PM
You only really need one segment to build a face vs face match with Orton/Taker. They already did the segment with HBK to place the fact what Orton is "thinking" about now.

Now all's that needs to happen is Orton coming out on Smackdown and talking about how much he's been in awe of Taker since he was a kid and how much it would be an honor to face him at Wrestlemania.

SuperSlim
02-24-2005, 04:16 PM
then at Mania the heel Orton emerges :D

Loose Cannon
02-24-2005, 04:19 PM
BTW: They built the Rock/Hogan match in one segment, One Great Segment, didn't they?

There might of been a little more TV (Raw/Smackdown) after that before the PPV, but basically the match was built and ready to go right after that segment.

tucsonspeed6
02-24-2005, 06:10 PM
I saw him shopping at Target when Raw came to Huntsville. Didn't get to talk to him, so you got one up on me.

I once saw him a the Piggly Wiggly. He said he was off to IHOP before he got his shopping at K-Mart out of the way.

I'm sorry. I just thought it was funny that he shops at Target....maybe I should have just left it at "LOL". :(

The Naitch
02-24-2005, 06:18 PM
BTW: They built the Rock/Hogan match in one segment, One Great Segment, didn't they?

There might of been a little more TV (Raw/Smackdown) after that before the PPV, but basically the match was built and ready to go right after that segment.

not that it matters, but they had the little backstage thing when Rock made fun of the entire nWo at No Way Out ;)

Kane Knight
02-24-2005, 06:33 PM
you should have asked him how they're gonna possibly build it up, then make fun of him when he struggles to come up with an adequate solution. :shifty:
Oh, come on. Who can stand to see a grown legendkiller cry?

Shaggy
02-25-2005, 02:42 AM
Oh, come on. Who can stand to see a grown legendkiller cry?

Untill he becomes heel.....me

Aussie Skier
02-25-2005, 02:46 AM
not that it matters, but they had the little backstage thing when Rock made fun of the entire nWo at No Way Out ;)

"Yo, chico, razo ramon!"
"Yo big daddy cool, diesel *honk* *honk*" :rofl:

Chavo Classic
02-25-2005, 01:26 PM
"Yo, chico, razo ramon!"
"Yo big daddy cool, diesel *honk* *honk*" :rofl:

I remember now! Big daddy bitch, shit that was awesome. *sniff* I miss the Rock *sniff*

The CyNick
02-25-2005, 09:18 PM

Yeah it was sold in that one segment.

But I dont think Taker-Orton is anywhere close to that level where you just need to get them to look at each and sell 850,000 buys.

Corkscrewed
02-25-2005, 09:55 PM

Yes, but they were on the same show. Orton and Taker aren't.

Hogan was a heel while Rock was face. Orton and Taker are both faces.

You'll need something super shocking AND have it cross brands, which the writers seem pretty much unwilling to do. Hell, Batista went to Smackdown and all he did was smash some windows and make a save. The save is cool, but not enough to build a great feud.

I'd rather wait and give his one-in-a-lifetime opportunity a good buildup and a chance to be great, rather than waste it because bad foreplanning meant they have to throw a match together for WRESTLEMANIA. Seriously, you're not supposed to have to throw something together for this. And since a Taker loss would be historic, why waste it on something w/o buildup?

Now, say Orton faces Taker and LOSES. Then, over the course of the NEXT YEAR, they continue this on and off and pick up steam starting January 2006 (where by then, Orton will have turned heel again), THEN have Orton win in the rematch at Wrestlemania XXII, THAT would be worth it, because of buildup.

C'mon... learn from Batista and HHH: buildup is good.

The CyNick
02-25-2005, 10:03 PM
Rock-Hogan had nothing to do with heel/babyafce, it was a dream match, and people marked out at the thought of the match.

No matter what they do, they will never get that between Taker and Orton.

Still, I dont think they need a huge build for this match to work. All you need is for Orton to take HBK's lead and lay out a challenge to Taker. He could talk about being the "legend killer" and say the biggest legend when it comes to Mania is Taker (thats not true but this Mania will make him #1 in Mania appearances as a wrestler and of course the streak). They could then have Taker accept right away, unlike Kurt. Then just do a couple of teasers here and there. Maybe after every Orton match on RAW the lights go out, or you here the gong or see the purple light, or whatever. The match plays out liek facs vs face, Orton wins, which will be something of a shock, and then he does the heel turn. I think that in itself will be big enough to justify the angle.

If Orton is pushed right, it should be the catalyst to propell him back to the tippy top of the card, only now as a heel.

Corkscrewed
02-25-2005, 10:08 PM
Well, I don't think the Angle/Michaels thing is panning out well at the moment anyway. I sitll think he should have showed up at NWO.

Not like Batista made a HUGE presence that would have been overshadowed by HBK anyway.

McLegend
02-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Well they have about a month until Wrestlemania and thats about 8 shows combined RAW and SD. So there is enough time to bulid up a feud.

Loose Cannon
02-25-2005, 10:16 PM
They'll never build up a story for a year. That's way too long and the fans would get bored of seeing Orton/Taker, even if it was on and off. You have Orton lose to Taker now and that will really kill him, even if he goes heel. It would make it seem like he can't win "big" matches anymore. It's real tough to build guys back up all the way again when they lose all the time. Look at Christian. You've got to give him the clean win. As for Taker's streak, I don't know, I really don't see it as something impressive. I see more of Orton defeating Taker at Mania impressive, then Orton ending some streak. If the streak was like a Goldberg streak, then it would mean more to me I guess. Just my opinion though.

I-Hate-You
02-25-2005, 11:26 PM
You should have asked him how the fuck he got a girl like Stacy.

Fox
02-26-2005, 05:29 AM
I'd rather wait and give his one-in-a-lifetime opportunity a good buildup and a chance to be great, rather than waste it because bad foreplanning meant they have to throw a match together for WRESTLEMANIA. Seriously, you're not supposed to have to throw something together for this. And since a Taker loss would be historic, why waste it on something w/o buildup?

Now, say Orton faces Taker and LOSES. Then, over the course of the NEXT YEAR, they continue this on and off and pick up steam starting January 2006 (where by then, Orton will have turned heel again), THEN have Orton win in the rematch at Wrestlemania XXII, THAT would be worth it, because of buildup.

That's a great idea, and I don't think the fans would get bored of it.

Taker vs. Orton at WrestleMania XXI: Orton fights like hell and gets the pin while the ref is out cold, tries to revive him, gets chokeslammed, Tombstoned, 1-2-3.

Orton disappears for about 2 months, then shows back up on RAW going after the World Title. He answers no questions about where he was for those 2 months, or why he wants the title, but he's a more serious, determined young man and he wins the belt around Royal Rumble time in a huge match (maybe against Batista or Jericho or Benoit).

He then shows up on RAW the following night and has an in-ring interview with JR scheduled for the top of the hour (10pm). In the interview, he declares the World Title vacant. He says he did what he came back to do - he won the World Title, and now, he wants to do the one thing that has been eating away at him since last year... defeat The Undertaker at WrestleMania 22 and END his winning streak.

The World Title is put up in a tournament that culminates at WrestleMania, and Orton gets his match, turning full fledged, cocky, angry, determined heel. Orton pins UT while the ref is out, he tries to revive him, gets chokeslammed, and it looks like a repeat of the previous year. Taker hoists Orton up for the Tombstone, Orton slips out, hits the RKO and wins the match 1-2-3.

Sweet, sweet victory.

Impact!
02-26-2005, 06:46 AM
That's a great idea, and I don't think the fans would get bored of it.

Taker vs. Orton at WrestleMania XXI: Orton fights like hell and gets the pin while the ref is out cold, tries to revive him, gets chokeslammed, Tombstoned, 1-2-3.

Orton disappears for about 2 months, then shows back up on RAW going after the World Title. He answers no questions about where he was for those 2 months, or why he wants the title, but he's a more serious, determined young man and he wins the belt around Royal Rumble time in a huge match (maybe against Batista or Jericho or Benoit).

He then shows up on RAW the following night and has an in-ring interview with JR scheduled for the top of the hour (10pm). In the interview, he declares the World Title vacant. He says he did what he came back to do - he won the World Title, and now, he wants to do the one thing that has been eating away at him since last year... defeat The Undertaker at WrestleMania 22 and END his winning streak.

The World Title is put up in a tournament that culminates at WrestleMania, and Orton gets his match, turning full fledged, cocky, angry, determined heel. Orton pins UT while the ref is out, he tries to revive him, gets chokeslammed, and it looks like a repeat of the previous year. Taker hoists Orton up for the Tombstone, Orton slips out, hits the RKO and wins the match 1-2-3.

Sweet, sweet victory.
now that would be awesome, but throughout the year you should have little clips of orton muttering to himself about mania or taker and maybe people asking him where he's been and him changing the subject or walking off.

Corkscrewed
02-28-2005, 01:44 AM
^ Basically, yeah. For like the first six months, references would just be vague. Essentially, only smarks would really know what's going on. Maybe Taker's feuding with someone, and during a cross-brand PPV, Orton congratulates whoever Taker's feuding with on some sort of recent triumph.

Then, probably starting around Survivor Series, we could have things pick up. In fact, to make things easier, you might even put them on the same show sometime after Wrestlemania XXI. And around SS, Orton starts nagging Taker more, eventually building up to another match.

I say that a year long deal on and off is possible because the Benoit vs Lesnar feud essentially lasted a good four months into Rumble and could have REALLY picked up steam had not Benoit defected to RAW. Had he stayed, though, that would have made it a solid 7 month feud, and I'm not even asking for Orton/Taker to have as much intensitiy as the first four months even did.

PullMyFinger
02-28-2005, 01:50 AM
Knowing the current status of the WWE...it's going be slopped together within a couple weeks. The match will be a WM bust...no one's gonna care. Taker's gonna lose in a sloppy built match...and Orton will continue to stay face.

Isn't it annoying how JR once used to say with resentment that Orton was a Legend Killer? Now he's like "That's Orton! He's a Legend Killer! Don't be jealous blah blah blah" in a positive/fun way. I hate JR.