PDA

View Full Version : What the WWE needs is....

Ruien
02-26-2005, 12:59 AM
Ok well I am sure that this thread has been done 100 times but I just want to through my idea into this. I believe the WWE lacks flavor because they don't have stabels battling each other nemore. I think that to bring the common fan back and attaract younger kids is do get a couple stables to go at it. And when I say this I do not mean bring like DX back or something like that I mean new stables. Keep Evolution and put The Masterpieace in their (yes i know he is garbage but he will be the new animal) along with Maven and Simon as tag partners. This leaves Flair to be the jobber and the manager of the group. Then put Batista as the man guy in the face group. Ortan as the Midcarder along with Y2J and Shelton as tag team partners. Now is Ortan leaves to go to Smackdown to turn Heel then put Shelton or Y2J as the midcarder and find a way to fit EC in the tag spot. Something along the lines of this. I have no idea what their name would be but as long as they get a name I do not really care.

I am sorry if this has been done 100 times but i jsut wanted to through my idea out their. Also i did not put HBK in their because I feel he is stale and I would prefer fresher blood in their.

James Steele
02-26-2005, 01:07 AM

Yeah, I think a stable war would be great. However, they can't even get tag teams to work right now. Seriously, the tag titles, on both shows, has become a "I'm waiting for my midcard singles title push" championship. IF they can get the tag teams working again, then they can work on stables, but without at least 2 good tag teams people believe in, how in the hell are they going to get 4-5 guys in a group people will believe in.

Kane Knight
02-26-2005, 01:14 AM
What the WWE needs right now is to put some effort into it. Stables won't make it better. Effort will. Now, effort might make for some decent stables, but stables won't make or break shit.

However, I REALLY suggest controversy. Like the first ever "cannon" match. It's like a buried alive match, except you then light the fuse...

PullMyFinger
02-26-2005, 01:41 AM
What the WWE needs right now is to put some effort into it. Stables won't make it better. Effort will. Now, effort might make for some decent stables, but stables won't make or break shit.

However, I REALLY suggest controversy. Like the first ever "cannon" match. It's like a buried alive match, except you then light the fuse...
I agree, since WCW's collapse....Vince really hasn't put much effort. That's why the Attitude Era was so gold...he was under so much pressure to beat out Nitro that he put a lot of effort into his work.

Kane Knight
02-26-2005, 01:58 AM
Yup. When he became the top of the wrestling world (By default, since he had bought everyone else), they stopped caring.

Noid
02-26-2005, 03:56 AM
If they had kept Heyman on SmackDown!, and LET him be competitive, then you could have potentially set things up really well.

But I agree, right now the WWE needs to put effort into everything. But a particular focus would be on the mid-card. I head a rumour that Stephanie McMahon was upse at one of her closest men for thinknig about the mid-card. This is just further proof that he's fairly short-sighted when it comes to running a wrestling company.

I admit, I could not run a wrestling promotion. I can't stomache those EWR-like games. But even I know that a good mid-card is VITAL to a wrestling company. What's the use of a World Champion if they have no one credible under them? What's the point of pushing guys as the future when there is NO WAY to measure them against other people in their bracket.

Another problem I have with the WWE is how they've tried to rush this new era. Randy Orton & John Cena should not be World Champions right now, IMO. Seeing them as the WWE Intercontinental and WWE United States Champions is more than enough for at this time. Guys like Triple H, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio, Christian, Edge, John Bradshaw Layfield, Eddie Guerrero, Batista, Kurt Angle, Kane, The Undertaker and The Big Show should be the focus right now.

Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Randy Orton, John Cena, Maven, Carlito Caribbean Cool, Muhammad Hassan, Rob Conway, Rene Dupree, Paul London, Heidenreich, Gene Snitsky, Sylvain Grenier, Orlando Jordan, Doug Basham, Danny Basham & Nick Dinsmore are the guys that the company will depend on in a few years. Develope them with a strong mid-card and you have the future of the company looking bright and credible.

Fox
02-26-2005, 06:08 AM
As far as a stable angle goes, the rumored idea of a Paul Heyman's "extreme stable" on Smackdown was just about as good as you could get. He could've had RVD, Rhyno, The Dudleys, Spike, even Dreamer and Lance Storm if they were used properly. They could've roamed both RAW and Smackdown, beating the hell out of people every night and proving that they are the best and most entertaining wrestlers in the business today - all they needed was their leader to guide them to success.

The Dudleys are a couple of mean mother fuckers when they want to be, but they've been pussified by the WWE. Same with Rhyno and Dreamer. RVD can put on 4 to 5 star matches every night if they let him, but his style has been toned down dramatically. Storm is an incredible wrestler, and a series of matches against Jericho and Benoit could've been absolutely golden. All they needed to do was LET THEM do these things.

There are so many possibilities with this storyline:
-The Dudleys become the most dominant tag team in the WWE, winning and defending both the World Tag Titles and WWE Tag Titles on both shows every week, killing everyone in the process. Then a tag team of equal ability, say, Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio or even London and Kidman could've challenged them and started a great feud.

-RVD could earn his way back up the ladder to main event status, only to start to disagree with Heyman's over the top ideas and attacks of other wrestlers, much like his role in the Alliance. This would lead to his eventual departure from the Extreme Stable, a face turn, and maybe even a WWE or World Title run.

-Rhyno, Storm and Dreamer would be given something they haven't had in their 3 years the WWE: a chance to showcase what they can really do. Rhyno could feud with anyone and, if given the freedom, put on sickening and hard hitting matches every night. Have him Gore people through tables and walls and sets - bring back his piledriver - let him be the man beast he once was and I gaurantee success.

Like I said with Storm, all he needs is a chance to wrestle other superstars of his technical ability and he'll entertain every night. Storm/Benoit, Storm/Jericho, Storm/Angle, Storm/Michaels, Storm/Cena are only a few possibilities. Look at what he did in WCW: he was arguably the most popular mid-card wrestler in 2000 because he was allowed to do whatever he wanted in the ring and on the mic.

This angle was what the WWE needed to freshen up. But, unfortunately, Triple H will probably never allow a large scale heel angle to be put into action unless he was part of it.

Noid
02-26-2005, 06:17 AM
I still retain confidence that the WWE will use Rhyno in a big way soon. I don't know why, but I can just see him as World Champion. Survivor Series is in Detroit, Michigan (I think), so they may as well push him to the main event around then (with classic SS matches taking place and all). Edge vs. Rhyno for the World Heavyweight Championship in the RAW Survivor Series main event? I can see it.

PullMyFinger
02-26-2005, 07:47 PM
The WWE turned Rhyno into a joke/jobber.

Crippler 666
02-26-2005, 07:58 PM
Needs Vince to drop dead.... Bischoff to F@*?Off and Paul Haymen to rule the roost.

PullMyFinger
02-26-2005, 08:00 PM
Why does Vince need to drop dead? He's just going through one of his lack of effort cycles. Same shit happened in the 90s...early 90s he didn't care enough...late 90s his creative juices were flowing like crazy. Vince is a genius when he wants to be...note how I said...when he WANTS TO BE.

Noid
02-26-2005, 08:09 PM
The WWE turned Rhyno into a joke/jobber.

That's true. Just a heads up to Americans and whoever else hasn't seen Heat (we get it two days before you, I think), they actually had a storyline on Heat.

An actual promo lead to a match, which actually had some kind of story behind it. This is great news, IMO. Heat and Velocity may actually get watched if there's stuff going on.

Anyway, *HEAT SPOILERS* William Regal & Tajiri needed to choose a partner to take on the six-man tag team of La Resistance & Jonathan Coachman. It was pretty obvious who it would be, but it was still nice when Rhyno's music hit and he rejoined his former tag team partner, sprinting to the ring.

Anyway, Rhyno is still a major asset to the company. Everyone knows who he is, and everyone wants to care about him. He's got one of the most marketable finishers in the industry, and if he adopted the Sharpshooter as well, he's got all bases covered.

I swear, if they just had Rhyno wet his hair and have it in front of his face, and do the breathing thing, he will get his intensity back. They could also bill him as a former World Champion.

Overall, the litle things they could do with Rhyno are really big things. His intensity, The Gore and credibiliy are the only things he needs to be World Heavyweight Champion, in my opinion.

Kane Knight
02-26-2005, 08:38 PM
Needs Vince to drop dead.... Bischoff to F@*?Off and Paul Haymen to rule the roost.
Wow. Thanks. You're a moron.

Kane Knight
02-26-2005, 08:50 PM
Why does Vince need to drop dead? He's just going through one of his lack of effort cycles. Same shit happened in the 90s...early 90s he didn't care enough...late 90s his creative juices were flowing like crazy. Vince is a genius when he wants to be...note how I said...when he WANTS TO BE.
At least you've gotten to the root of it. People say "Wrestling is a cyclical business!" But it's only REALLY cyclical based on their whims to put out a program of quality. The slump, the fact that no-one cares, is due largely to a lack of good booking/writing.

However, I disagree. Vince is not a genius. Most of his opportunities have been dropped in his lap, and even the Monday Night Wars only occured because of a total lack of prescience.