PDA

View Full Version : The Walkmen

El Capitano Gatisto
03-01-2005, 06:38 PM
I got the Bows + Arrows album sometime towards the end of last year if I remember correctly, and I loved it for about a week until I got Funeral by the Arcade Fire, which then took over all my listening devices for about a month.

Anyway, I've just got back around to listening to Bows + Arrows properly, and I've discovered I love it even more than I did when I first got it.

It's sumptious.

I don't a whole lot about the Walkmen. Anyone who does: is their first album also magnificent, for I have heard contrary reports on its goodness?

Supreme Olajuwon
03-04-2005, 03:19 PM
Their EP is tremendous

I personally like Everyone Who Pretended to Like Me is Gone although some of my friends disagree. That might be because the first time they heard the Walkmen was in a car commercial but you know

El Capitano Gatisto
03-04-2005, 03:26 PM
If you personally like it that is enough for me. If only we could agree on what kind of wedding we want, things would be perfect.

Downunder
03-05-2005, 07:32 AM
I've never heard of them, but ECG as your listening tastes are strange yet desireable, I shall seek The Walkmen out and lend them my ear.

FakeLaser
03-05-2005, 01:04 PM
I like them.

Downunder
03-13-2005, 01:51 AM
Bugger they've been playing The Walkmen on Triple J for ages and I didn't know it. Everytime I'd hear a song I'd think I've got to find out who that is, but I'd always miss the back announce (short attention sp......

Downunder
03-13-2005, 01:51 AM
Anyway, gonna get Bows and Arrows

El Capitano Gatisto
03-14-2005, 11:57 AM
I got the first album last week. I loves it. Not as much as Bows + Arrows, but it's still very good. The vocals are a bit more intrusive sounding, or something, whereas on Bows + Arrows the vocals kind of float along on the music like another instrument.