PDA

View Full Version : It's official: Moss for Coles deal done

Nervous Ferret
03-05-2005, 02:30 PM
At first I was like...dunnoo bout' this....but if you think about it, Santanna Moss is a free agent after this year, Coles has 3 or 4 more years on his contract...Jets probably wouldn't have resigned Moss, so long term it comes out good. :cool: Plus remember how awesome Chad and Lavernious were back in the day. :drool:

Triple A
03-05-2005, 02:39 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Triple A
03-05-2005, 02:40 PM
And besides the contract shit, Coles is better than Moss anyway. GONNA BE SICK.

MoRcHeEbA
03-05-2005, 02:41 PM
yeah well guess they had to make up for losing all there good players.

Triple A
03-05-2005, 02:47 PM
They already signed all their nondisposable players really, so anyone who leaves now isn't THAT important. Already re-signed Pennington, John Abraham, Shaun Ellis, etc. who all would have been free agents right now.

Nervous Ferret
03-05-2005, 02:50 PM
Hang on a second I can get the current salary cap figures...

Nervous Ferret
03-05-2005, 02:52 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=postbody vAlign=top>Below is the amount of money each team is under the $85.5 million salary
cap
for 2005 as of March 4.

TEAM-BY-TEAM SALARY CAP UPDATE
Arizona Cardinals $19.2 million
Atlanta Falcons $4.3 million
Baltimore Ravens $14.4 million
Buffalo Bills $652,000
Carolina Panthers $3.4 million
Chicago Bears $8.6 million
Cincinnati Bengals $8.6 million
Cleveland Browns $8.9 million
Dallas Cowboys $11 million
Denver Broncos $1.7 million
Detroit Lions $9.1 million
Green Bay Packers $2.7 million
Houston Texans $8.9 million
Indianapolis Colts $7 million
Jacksonville Jaguars $13 million
Kansas City Chiefs $2.7 million
Miami Dolphins $2.4 million
Minnesota Vikings $31 million
NE Patriots $3.3 million
NO Saints $8.7 million
NY Giants $5.6 million
NY Jets $5 million
Oakland Raiders $790,000
Philadelphia Eagles $14.4 million
Pittsburgh Steelers $1.5 million
St. Louis Rams $4.5 million
SD Chargers $11.1 million
SF 49ers $7.6 million
Seattle Seahawks $6 million
TB Buccaneers $700,000
Tennessee Titans $2.8 million
Washington Redskins $9.6 million

source:http://www.talkaboutprofootball.com/group/alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets/messages/217340.html (http://www.talkaboutprofootball.com/group/alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets/messages/217340.html)</TD></TR><TR><!-- Begin PNphpBB2 Attachment Mod --><TD class=genmed vAlign=bottom height=40>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Nervous Ferret
03-05-2005, 02:53 PM
as of March 4, so this doesn't include Elliss' restructure. So the Jets # is really about 8 million, but I also heard we offered at Jeb Putzier...

#1-norm-fan
03-05-2005, 03:01 PM
I think Moss is the better reciever but whatever floats you Jets fans boats.

Also, the video in Nervous Ferret's sig is the single greatest thing I have ever seen. :lol:

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-05-2005, 05:02 PM
"I tackled Santana Moss once, it was on kick off coverage though. He was too big of a pussy to come across the middle" - Linebacker coach/English teacher at my high school

BCWWF
03-05-2005, 05:14 PM
I agree with #1 fan that Moss is probably the better reciever, but I think that the trade could work out for both teams really well.

RP
03-05-2005, 06:21 PM
IMO. Moss is/or will be as explosive as Daunte Hall and he is a much better reciever then Hall at this point. Coles is a solid well rounded speedy reciever. But i think Moss is one of those guys that could change the complection of a game with one play. I like Moss.

And damn i loved Lamont Jordan. Raiders will be great next year.

Nervous Ferret
03-06-2005, 12:39 AM
Santanna Moss is a terrible route runner.

-Lavernious almost doubled Santanna's catches, with Patrick Ramsey and Mark Brunell throwing to him.

-Santanna is a terrible punt returner. He seems great when you watch the Steelers game, but over the course of the season he fucked up so many punts. He always calls fair catch when he's alone, catches it and runs backwards when he's about to be creamed, and did I mention he is a terrible route runner.

-Coles is just better overall, and if my Math is correct, he will save the Jets about 12 million in cap money over the next 3 years, instead of resigning Moss at the end of this year.

-And Lamont is the man, best of luck to him

Triple A
03-06-2005, 04:33 AM
Santana Moss did absolutely nothing last season. He is fast but probably gets like no separation so that's why Pennington barely threw to him. Or Pennington is too much of a pussy to throw deep, but WHO KNOWS. :mad:

Pennington was so nasty when he had Coles though. Threw deep a lot. :mad:

Coles is probably faster than Moss and will be a better fit on the Jets. Moss kept complaining all last season so he wasn't really happy on the Jets anyway.

Plus Coles has a better rating than Moss in Madden and has a 99 speed. :shifty: