PDA

View Full Version : Muller and Patton CD

Kane Knight
03-12-2005, 02:16 PM
To be honest, I don't know the exact release date of this CD, but anyone who's heard either Jaye Muller or Ben Patton (Most likely through me) might want to look out for it.

I've got a copy playing in the background, but I've only made it to track 3, so I've yet to totally get a feel for the record. So far, it seems predominantly to be Ben's musical style (With some of Jaye's style backing on Track 2, and backing vox on track 3).

Ben Patton is a lighthearted musician with both a pop and indie feel, but clearly also influenced by other styles (See his "hit," "I think my Girlfriend's Seeing Cole Porter."). Musically, he feels a lot like the Beatles or Beach Boys often. Track 4 combines a light jazzy feel with an electric guitar style.

Jaye is more oriented towards pop, with heavy riffs and electronic underpinnings. Brilliant musician.

Both artists are capable of playing multiple instruments (The majority of this record is done by one of the other of them, witha few "guest" slots...).

I reiterate this is definitely more Ben Patton's style than Jaye Muller.

The upside is that this should be available to Europe, unlike most of Ben's records, as Jaye is living on that side of the pond.