PDA

View Full Version : Constantine

Dave Youell
03-14-2005, 07:00 AM
I watched Constantine last night and I really really enjoyed it, everyone else I went with thought it sucked. But then this kind of film appeals to me. What did you guys think of it?

Downunder
03-14-2005, 07:35 AM
A friend of mine saw it the other night he liked it, but then he thinks Keanu Reeves can act - he's an idiot.

I'll wait for a decent version to be uploaded on a torrent site.

Disturbed316
03-14-2005, 09:46 AM
I want to go see it.

Shaggy
03-14-2005, 03:42 PM
I saw it the day it came out and thought it was an OK movie. The effects and everything were very great and the story was pretty good also. I didnt really mind Reeves playing the part of Constantine because unlike most people I actually like him.

It was just one of those movies that I didnt really love. Dont get me wrong or anything...I will buy it when it comes out but its not one of those movies that I will be sitting at home one day and go...OK what movie should I watch today and that comes up in mind first....it was one of those movies that is good but you just wont watch it all the time like you might another movie.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-14-2005, 04:13 PM
It was a fun movie to watch, but it's not this deep fucking intellectual movie I've heard people make it out to be. Also, Keanu is horrible.. Absolutely horrible.. The guy from Bush was a better actor from him.. Jesus H.

mitchables
03-16-2005, 11:31 PM
I enjoyed it. It can't be disputed that the acting took a bit of a backseat to the special effects but nonetheless, Keanu did a pretty decent job of recreating John Constantine from how I always imagined him in the comics. The movie stayed pretty true to the feel of the comics, maintaining that old film-noir kind of feel for a fair bit of it, especially in the scenes in John's apartment.

Ironically enough, I think it was Keanu's terrible acting that made him awesome as Constantine. Who better to play a vapid, nihilistic, apathetic, suicidal, nonchalant reluctant hero than Keanu? He doesn't have to do anything. Just look sullen.

Still, stabs at his acting aside, the movie was a pretty decent outing. Definitely not a deep intellectual movie by anyone's standards, but a fun romp through Hell and the occult.

That came out weirdly, but you know what I mean.

Funky Fly
03-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Mitch knows what's up.

Kane Knight
03-17-2005, 12:11 AM
It was a fun movie to watch, but it's not this deep fucking intellectual movie I've heard people make it out to be. Also, Keanu is horrible.. Absolutely horrible.. The guy from Bush was a better actor from him.. Jesus H.
Sadly, every movie Keannu Reeves is becoming tagged with a deep label. I'm expecting these retards to try dissertations on the philosophy of Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey.

Anyway, enjoy it for what it is.

Downunder
03-17-2005, 07:31 AM
How the fuck does Keanu Reeves get cast in movies, unless it's playing a plank of wood (maddox :love: )

Just think how much better Keanu Reeves movies would be without Keanu Reeves........

YOUR Hero
03-17-2005, 08:30 PM
How the fuck does Keanu Reeves get cast in movies, unless it's playing a plank of wood (maddox :love: )

Just think how much better Keanu Reeves movies would be without Keanu Reeves........
He seems to have some sort of appeal that is beyond my understanding. I liked the original Matrix Bill&Ted and Speed well enough, but not because of his acting ability...

Fox
03-18-2005, 02:04 AM
Good movie, but the ending dragged on forever and was excruciatingly lame (the whole Hell-to-Heaven-back-to-Earth scenario).

Not bad for Keanu though.

Y2Ant
03-19-2005, 11:05 PM
Good god, let's not start that whole deep argument again (you know the one I mean)

I watched bits of it, looks pretty good, I really wanna watch it now. :(

Keanu Reeves is the man btw :love: