PDA

View Full Version : ECW PPV NEWS (Both WWE and Shane D's version)

Loose Cannon
03-14-2005, 11:10 AM
Here is some ECW news for you morons.

Ok, I'm not sure if you guys new this, but you know Shane Douglas/Jeremy Borash is putting on an ECW show two nights before the WWE's show. That will be on 6/10 at the ECW arena. The WWE's will be on 6/13 at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NY.

Douglas will be using guys from TNA that the WWE can't use like Raven, Candido etc... Sabu is probably a go for his show and he is trying to get Sandman. Credible will also probably be there. Sandman says the WWE can go fuck themselves, so he won't be on their show. Douglas has also claimed to have gotten Terry Funk, J. Grunge, Franchine, Bam Bam, Bill Alphonso and Joey Styles, JT Smith, Tracy Smothers, the Pitbull that's not dead and "The Mole" Todd Gordon.

Tommy Dreamer will be in charge of the WWE's version, of course with Steph and co. watching behind him. Dreamer has offered more money to Sandman, Credible and Sabu to switch shows, so maybe Sandman will take back his words. Actually, he didn't say "Go fuck yourselves," but he said he wants no part of the WWE show. New Jack will probably work the WWE show. Keep in mind, those that work Douglas' show WILL NOT WORK THE WWE'S SHOW.

Credit: Wrestling Observer.

Steve Corino says he won't be at eathier shows

Credit: Steve Corino on Between the Ropes Show.

Anybody Thrilla
03-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Neither of the shows will be good, I don't think. ECW wasn't all that amazing to begin with, and now with a watered down talent pool that is aged a few years, I really don't see either show being the bee's knees nor the cat's meow.

Chavo Classic
03-14-2005, 01:48 PM
....I really don't see either show being the bee's knees nor the cat's meow.

The 1970's called, they want their catchphrases back.

Anybody Thrilla
03-14-2005, 01:57 PM
Those were more like the 20's.

Chavo Classic
03-14-2005, 02:03 PM
The 1920's called, they want their catchphrases back. :shifty:

Dave Youell
03-14-2005, 02:50 PM
The 1970's called the 1920's and talked about the problems and came to the comprimise that the 1945's call and want there catchphrases back

blake639raw
03-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Anybody know when tix go on sale for the Douglas show? I might be interested in going to this.

Tornado
03-14-2005, 06:17 PM
Hmmmm, with Dreamer in charge of the WWE Show...it might not suck.

foodstampchamp
03-14-2005, 06:26 PM
I actually heard that some people like Sabu and the Sandman might be working both shows. I' ll agree with Thrilla here, ECW was never anything special. They weren't responsible for putting people like Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko, and Rey Misterio on the map. They had nothing to do with the birth of WWF Attitude. ECW iz t3h g4y!!!11!!!ONE!!!11NINETYFIVE

KingofOldSchool
03-14-2005, 10:36 PM
Steve Corino says he won't be at eathier shows

Credit: Steve Corino on Between the Ropes Show.

:'(

Boondock Saint
03-14-2005, 11:01 PM
Source: PWInsider.com

Former ECW Champion Masato Tanaka, via an announcement in Japan, has confirmed an appearance at the ECW 'One Night Stand' PPV.

After defeating Mike Awesome, Tanaka won the title in December 1999. His reign came to an abrupt end when Awesome won the belt back just a few days later.

Tanaka also held the ECW tag titles with Balls Mahoney and Tommy Dreamer.

KayfabeMan
03-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Also, just a side note, since we're on the subject - former ECW World Tag Team Champion Tony Mamaluke will be at the WWECW PPV. Hope they use him right.

Loose Cannon
03-14-2005, 11:12 PM
I'm thinking about going to the WWE one

Lara Emily
03-14-2005, 11:15 PM
I'm thinking about going to the WWE one

If it was a month earlier I'd probably have been in New York for it, bummer.

BTW check your e-mail (the one in your profile) :)

BigDaddyCool
03-14-2005, 11:48 PM
Which one will Heyman be at?

Dave Youell
03-15-2005, 02:52 AM
I actually heard that some people like Sabu and the Sandman might be working both shows. I' ll agree with Thrilla here, ECW was never anything special. They weren't responsible for putting people like Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko, and Rey Misterio on the map. They had nothing to do with the birth of WWF Attitude. ECW iz t3h g4y!!!11!!!ONE!!!11NINETYFIVE
So who was then? Cos it wasn't Bisch

foodstampchamp
03-15-2005, 12:20 PM
So who was then? Cos it wasn't Bisch

Sarcasm, my friend.

Innovator
03-15-2005, 12:21 PM
I'm thinking about going to the WWE oneI'm going, i don't care if it sucks or not

Lord-Of-Darkness
03-15-2005, 04:09 PM
anyone else hoping that Taz will make a one off wrestling appearence at the WWE show? it would rule if he did. Also, what WWE talent will be on the show? Shame they cant use Raven to

Loose Cannon
03-15-2005, 04:15 PM
I'm pretty sure he will wrestle on that show. I don't see why he wouldn't.

Well if you look through the WWE roster

RVD
DUDLEYS
SPIKE
RHYNO
TAZ
Lance Storm
Dreamer
Tajiri
NOVA (Don't know cause he's Simon Dean)
Dawn Marie

Missing anyone?

And then you got as possibilties

Justin Credible: The Observer said guys weren't working both, but I heard he may
New Jack
Sabu
Foley
CW Anderson: Wrestled a dark match the other week for WWE

Loose Cannon
03-15-2005, 04:18 PM
oh and then you got as maybe:

Mysterio
Guerrero
Benoit
Jericho
Malenko

and those other 3 crusiers they plan on bringing in.

Fignuts
03-15-2005, 04:19 PM
-The latest word is that WWE is not going to try and block anything to do with Shane Douglas’s show on June 10th and it will probably let it’s talent work the show in addition to the June 12th show which the WWE is producing. As reported earlier, Heyman is going to be working as a consultant along with Jim Ross, Stephanie McMahon, Tommy Dreamer and John Laurenaitis.

Credit: PW Torch

Also, complete mark out moment, if the thing about Tanaka is true. I know those crafty Japanese guys like to announce that they're going to be a part of something when actually they aren't.

Loose Cannon
03-15-2005, 04:37 PM
Heard Axl Rotten is booked for WWE's.

Fignuts
03-15-2005, 04:41 PM
Meh. I never liked Axel Rotten or Balls to tell the truth.

Innovator
03-15-2005, 05:05 PM
Justin Credible and Jason "the sexiest man on earth" Knight are appearing at both shows.

Innovator
03-15-2005, 05:06 PM
also if Masato Tanaka signs on I will need a towel...possibly two

Chavo Classic
03-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Meh. I never liked Axel Rotten or Balls to tell the truth.

Me neither, until I saw Tanaka V Balls at Hardcore Heaven 2000. Definately worth a look.

Stickman
03-15-2005, 08:14 PM
How can Shane Douglas have an ECW show when the WWE owns ECW.

Dave Youell
03-16-2005, 03:49 AM
Me neither, until I saw Tanaka V Balls at Hardcore Heaven 2000. Definately worth a look.
That match is awesome and it was the first ECW match I've ever seen, so yeah. Got to agree with you there

diothoir
03-16-2005, 06:29 AM
How can Shane Douglas have an ECW show when the WWE owns ECW.
If a group of former ECW wrestlers happen to get together... :shifty:

Anyway, as long as they don't use the ECW name, it's fine.

Chavo Classic
03-16-2005, 07:32 AM
If a group of former ECW wrestlers happen to get together... :shifty:

Anyway, as long as they don't use the ECW name, it's fine.

...or if they so much as mention the word extreme or use a logo or icons similar to the originals now owned by WWE.

with the WWE being so picky it's a wonder Shane and Vince are getting along so well on the matter.

Mr. JL
03-16-2005, 12:14 PM
RVD won't be wrestling