PDA

View Full Version : Least Cena's not totally delusional.

Kane Knight
03-16-2005, 08:21 PM
http://www.rajah.com/base/2005/2687

The Pittsburgh Times-Review recently interviewed John Cena, who commented on how he will be working in front of his “hometown crowd” at Mania, as well as his actual thoughts on the biggest PPV of the year.

“For me to go and be with my people in that area, I can’t describe it. You can use all the cliches, ‘it’s bigger than this, it’s bigger than that,’ it’s going to be something that when I’m old and gray and on a wicker rocking chair<!-- #DC# --> with my blood hound, and that’s going to be the one thing that has defined what I’ve accomplished in WWE,” says Cena.

He also acknowledges that he isn’t the greatest technical wrestler, but feels he can more than make up for that with his wrestling style and entertainment<!-- #DC# --> value.

Loose Cannon
03-16-2005, 08:26 PM
Yea, I don't think he'll really get much better then he is right now. I'll even go as far as saying he put on better matches in 2004 then he has been doing. Now he did work with Kurt and Eddie then, so that's definately was key. And that's what they need to do with Cena. He's got to work with people like Benoit, Jericho, Eddie etc...so he can learn more. When you work with guys like that it most definately improves your in-ring skill.

Kane Knight
03-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Yea, I don't think he'll really get much better then he is right now. I'll even go as far as saying he put on better matches in 2004 then he has been doing. Now he did work with Kurt and Eddie then, so that's definately was key. And that's what they need to do with Cena. He's got to work with people like Benoit, Jericho, Eddie etc...so he can learn more. When you work with guys like that it most definately improves your in-ring skill.
I think what he can do is improve his entertainment qualities. He can be a pretty shit wrestler technically and still be a pretty big deal if he has the charisma to get him over.

Shadow
03-16-2005, 08:53 PM
Thing about Cena is he's at an all time high with the fans. Can he get bigger? Oh hell yeah. John Cena has alot of potential. Could he be the next Rock? The next Jericho? Maybe. Time will tell if he can develop the skills to entertain on the mic and give the fans a great match.

Kane Knight
03-16-2005, 09:00 PM
He could be the next Rock, or the Next Stevie Richards.

The problem with fate is she's a fickle bitch.

Whether he's main eventing or dark matching in two years, time will tell.

BatistaBomb
03-16-2005, 10:46 PM
he's what they said about lesnar the next big thing

Kane Knight
03-16-2005, 11:10 PM
he's what they said about lesnar the next big thing
Of course, they DID say that about Lesnar, and Where the fuck is he?

Main eventing Wrestlemania?

Tearing up the NFL?

Oh yeah, suing the WWE because he was a stupid fuck.

Proof that predictions are usually just guesses, and cena could still be the enxt...big...FLOP.

SuperSlim
03-16-2005, 11:40 PM
Cena has all the potential to be the next big thing.

Really when I look into the future of the WWE I see Cena still up there. I don't think Cena will be able to flop because he ahs so much goin for him. He has the looks, he has more skills then quite a few guys in the back, he has loads of charisma, he has that drive, and he is honest with himself.

Lesnar just screwed himself up.

Crippler 666
03-16-2005, 11:50 PM
Cena seems to have the right attitude to go far in the WWE

Even when he goes out to lose he still looks the part (even when talking before a match, no resentment or lack of intrest in his voice)

As long as he never loses sight of the fact, he is there because Vince wants him there he will last longer than Lesnar

Kane Knight
03-16-2005, 11:51 PM
...Unless one of a million things go wrong.

PullMyFinger
03-17-2005, 12:29 AM
Well compared to most people, the star that could be super huge in WWE right now is Cena. I'd love to see Cena work a program with Jericho.

Kane Knight
03-17-2005, 12:46 AM
Well compared to most people, the star that could be super huge in WWE right now is Cena. I'd love to see Cena work a program with Jericho.
Orton's in a similar vein, too.

Corkscrewed
03-17-2005, 01:09 AM
I still think Cena's lackluster in the ring because they make him wrestle the WWE-style, toned down, and made his style reflect his "brawler" persona. He can go, but they need to let him go all out, just like with everyone else.

But we can't upstage the big boys, I suppose.

Kane Knight
03-17-2005, 01:16 AM
I still think Cena's lackluster in the ring because they make him wrestle the WWE-style, toned down, and made his style reflect his "brawler" persona. He can go, but they need to let him go all out, just like with everyone else.

But we can't upstage the big boys, I suppose.
God knows, if we start making people look good, the halffass hasbeens might look BAD.

Fox
03-17-2005, 01:16 AM
http://www.rajah.com/base/2005/2687

He also acknowledges that he isn’t the greatest technical wrestler, but feels he can more than make up for that with his wrestling style and entertainment value.

Translation:

It's a fucking shame I have to main event my first WrestleMania with a piece of shit in the ring like Bradshaw, but if there is a God we'll have an okay match.

Kane Knight
03-17-2005, 01:19 AM
Translation:

It's a fucking shame I have to main event my first WrestleMania with a piece of shit in the ring like Bradshaw, but if there is a God we'll have an okay match.
And Jean PAul Levesque will have a sex change, and hold down the women's division as Trixie Trump.

JT
03-17-2005, 01:33 AM
The problem with fate is she's a fickle bitch.

Do we have to bring up Stephenie here.

The Naitch
03-17-2005, 01:39 AM
Cena needs to turn heel, and quit letting Gerwitz write his raps for him. Rock did it at Survivor Series, then when he turned face again after Backlash, he was bigger than ever

PullMyFinger
03-17-2005, 02:02 AM
Orton's in a similar vein, too.
I agree.

-You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kane Knight again.-

Marc the Smark
03-17-2005, 09:24 AM
I know Cena's limited, but he also knows it too, and that could be the thing that saves him. He knows his limits, and if he's willing to learn to improve (which I think he is) he'll be fine. Put him in the ring with some good technical wrestlers and he'll really learn a lot.

Kane Knight
03-17-2005, 09:47 AM
Kinda what I was getting at. Not thinking himself a wrestling God might be a pretty big benefit.

Or he might still screw the pooch, but there's that fate thing again.

Evolution
03-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Where does Fifi come into the equation, KK?