PDA

View Full Version : Do you want marty Janetty to stay

Impact!
03-19-2005, 01:24 AM
ok I was watching Raw and Smackdown and he looked good in the ring and had the crowd going for him, so I was wondering what people would rather se him do?

Impact!
03-19-2005, 01:30 AM
i think marty should go to smackdown and help out paul london, since london was trained by shaun micheals and they dress similar

Mr. Nerfect
03-19-2005, 02:07 AM
I think he could make a decent trainer for the WWE. On screen he showed he can have a phenominal match, but I think someone, say Paul London, could do exactly what he did and be better off for it.

blake639raw
03-19-2005, 02:11 AM
Absolutely. Considering Michaels isn't going anywhere anytime soon, I think a Rockers reunion would amp up the tag division, and open up a much needed spot in the main event scene on RAW.

KayfabeMan
03-19-2005, 04:21 AM
Well, on one hand, I'd love to see Marty hang around and get some extremely overdue respect and a chance to showcase himself on TV again. On the other hand, I think he would be better off on the indy scene where he can work without restraints and being rushed, etc.

Sure, his match with Angle was given some time, but that's because they needed the match to do that in order to play the angle (not Kurt). In the future, other matches would be rushed, and he'd have limits placed on his ability to tell a story and perform.

Though good for Marty if he can make some $$$, and I will be picking up his upcoming legends figure, which will kick so much fucking ass it's not even funny :) :y:

Hitman84
03-19-2005, 05:25 AM
Janetty should stay. He and Michaels could become the aging Rockers! No only joking, but if they reform the Rockers I think it could only work if Shawn lost his HBK gimmick (even if only for a while), and Janetty would have to be pushed to main event status. A feud with La Résistance and possibly some legitimate claim to the Tag belts could do this. There is so much untapped potential in Marty Janetty, and in so many other superstars, past and present, who never really left the mid-card as the boss's son-in-law steals all the limelight ... but that's another topic to post on another day ...

LK
03-19-2005, 06:24 AM
I think that there is sitill potential for a Janetty/Michaels feud. They can reunite after WM and win the tag team titles. Then he could turn heel and attack Shawn and cut promos on him saying how it was always about Michaels. Janetty could also throw Michaels through a window. I think we have seen that Janetty is still a solid talent so why not keep him around.

Funky Fly
03-19-2005, 06:46 AM
Put him on Smackdown. But if he must be on Raw, have him gradually turn heel and get some revenge for the Barber Shop incident.

SuperSlim
03-19-2005, 07:53 AM
OK so he had two really god matches. That isn't the best reason to keep him. I mean think about it. If he were to stay o neither show just think how he would be treated. He would most likely be treated like crap and given nothin.

There really isn't too much of a reason to keephim unless it was for those special occasions or something.

Rob
03-19-2005, 08:04 AM
OK so he had two really god matches. That isn't the best reason to keep him. I mean think about it. If he were to stay o neither show just think how he would be treated. He would most likely be treated like crap and given nothin.

There really isn't too much of a reason to keephim unless it was for those special occasions or something.

Having two good matches isn't a reason to keep someone? What is then? Stinking out the joint like Heidenreich or Luther Reigns?

Shaggy
03-19-2005, 08:10 AM

Recently he has only had 2 good matches....look at his past there are some great ones there.

I say then need to keep him around because the two matches they had were pretty entertaining. Infact it was actually the first time that I tuned into Smackdown for a long time and it was mainly to see that match and the contract signing. Hopefully we will see more of him or atleast find out he is helping out backstage.

PorkSoda
03-19-2005, 08:32 AM
I think he should. Janetty was always very talented and a very good high flyer. :yes:

SuperSlim
03-19-2005, 08:45 AM
Having two good matches isn't a reason to keep someone? What is then? Stinking out the joint like Heidenreich or Luther Reigns?

I'm just sayin, he was booked that well for those two matches. If they were to decide to keep him the chances of him bein booked in that fashion is slim and none. Most likely they will make him mid card level and get him to take it a lil slower so that he doesn't outshine the main stars. They only let him do all that stuff he did because it was almost like promotional so they didn't wanna come up short with him. BUt you know that over time they will tell him not to do all that stuff. If anything they would want to keep him below HBK since HBK is the legend of WWE today.

I just don't wanna see Janetty becomin a jobber

Rob
03-19-2005, 08:46 AM
Neither do I but I'd rather see him have a job.

SuperSlim
03-19-2005, 09:06 AM
well that much I agree with. I would like to see him with a job

Fignuts
03-19-2005, 12:01 PM
There are way too many people already fighting for air time to bring in yet another guy. Plus with the addition of the 3 new cruiserweights, and the push the division is getting, I don't think there is room. WWE is all about bringing in younger talent now. But I would still keep him on as a trainer in ovw.

Savio
03-19-2005, 12:03 PM
I'd rather see Brock come back.

Fignuts
03-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Uh-oh.

Here it comes...

Stickman
03-19-2005, 12:46 PM
Quick question, I missed smackdown, did Jannetty win?

The Ravishing One
03-19-2005, 12:48 PM
Put him on Smackdown.
:y:

The Ravishing One
03-19-2005, 12:49 PM
Angle won btw.

Savio
03-19-2005, 01:51 PM
Uh-oh.

Here it comes...The pain?

Kane Knight
03-19-2005, 01:51 PM

There isn't much of a reason to keep Flair on, either, and Jannetty's had 2 more quality matches than Ric.

YOUR Hero
03-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Give him the ball.

Sepholio
03-19-2005, 03:25 PM
They should send Jannety and HBK over to Smackdown. Have them tag and do solo matches of course, as faces. I would love it and it would bring back some interest for me to watch smackdown.

#1-norm-fan
03-19-2005, 03:35 PM
I remembered Jannetty's stint in WCW some years back being pretty awful, wrestling-wise.

Hadn't seen him wrestle since then but the match with Angle was fantastic. Forget nostalgia, just as a wrestler, he needs to stick around. The way he worked the crowd during the ankle lock. :love:

Mr. Nerfect
03-19-2005, 04:22 PM

Luther Reigns is awesome, IMO. Heidenreich I can't make excuses for.

Mr. Nerfect
03-19-2005, 04:39 PM
If they do keep Janetty around, I think a Rockers reunion is the best way to go. The current Tag Divisions on both brands need spicing up. And can you image an Eddie Guerrero & Rey Mysterio vs. The Rockers match?

Either that or have Janetty work in the mid-card division somewhere, before being lifted to main event level if he is still at awesomeness level. As for which brand, I guess it would depend on which one is least crowded.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this happening. Theodore R. Long calls the United States Champion Orlando Jordan to his office. He says that he wants the US Title to be on the line at WrestleMania, and there is no way Orlando's having the night off. Orlando Jordan goes out to the ring, and waits for his unannounced opponent. The Rockers theme hits, and Marty Janetty is the challenger. They have a decent match, which Janetty wins with a Rocker Dropper to win the United States Championship. I suppose you could keep the title on OJ, and have Janetty win via DQ. Then you have Janetty face Jordan at Judgment Day again for the title.

Kalyx triaD
03-19-2005, 04:59 PM
Ability wise, Marty's like HBK would've been had he never had the injury problems. Which was due in the first place because of his push way back when, which happened after HBK through Marty through a window. So it's funny how things work out.

If Marty is kept, please put him to Smackdown!. My take is this: Raw=Theater, Smackdown!=Matches. Sometimes they switch places to suit certain angles. But Marty needs to be somewhere that won't have him participate in over the top angles as he's still very good in the ring.

Kane Knight
03-19-2005, 07:05 PM
I remembered Jannetty's stint in WCW some years back being pretty awful, wrestling-wise.

Hadn't seen him wrestle since then but the match with Angle was fantastic. Forget nostalgia, just as a wrestler, he needs to stick around. The way he worked the crowd during the ankle lock. :love:

Janetty was also pretty awesome during the Raw match. Sound wrestling, entertaining match.

I think he can be more than a nostalgia pop if they let him.

Plus, The Rockers=less tiem for Michaels to hog main event time.

Mr. JL
03-19-2005, 10:01 PM
I don't know if he is WWE material, you know, since he has talent.

I like what KayfabeMan said though.

Jannetty could help out the Indy scene a lot more now. Not too many Indy wrestlers can say they teamed with Shawn Michaels, AND went toe-to-toe with Kurt Angle (and not get squashed) in a four star match all in the same week.

He could be a decent draw for some struggling Indy promotions.

KayfabeMan
03-19-2005, 11:43 PM
I don't know if he is WWE material, you know, since he has talent.

:y: :yes: :y: :y: :)

Comment of the year. Thank you sir.

I-Hate-You
03-20-2005, 12:27 AM
Janetty is 43-45 years old (depending on who you ask). I think he did his thing, and it's time to move on.

MVP
03-20-2005, 12:38 AM
I don't see any harm in it. Why stop what could be real potential.

John la Rock
03-20-2005, 12:43 AM
They should keep him so they can build up a Michaels/Jennetty feud down the line. That would rock

James Steele
03-20-2005, 12:47 AM
I think they should have Marty Jennetty,Ric Flair,Terry Funk, and Hulk Hogan form a stable of body guards called "Social Security"!

Yours Truly,

Vince Russo

:shifty: