PDA

View Full Version : Athletic Achievements

Gonzo
03-19-2005, 01:05 PM
What are some of your best personal and team athletic achievements in any sport on any level? Best personal performances?

Mine would have to be the Superbowl I won when I was like 14 or some shit for Pop Warner. (American Football) In the quarter finals we were down 6 and it was 4th and 11 with the other team having possession. They dropped back to pass to try to seal the game but I blasted through the line from DT and leveled the QB. Ball flopped out as he was throwing, incomplete pass. Next play our FB goes 60 yards to the house and we won. http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif

Post yours.

Loose Cannon
03-19-2005, 01:07 PM
I can't pick just one. I'll tell you my worst though. Never winning a fucking championship when I've been to championsip games/races countless times.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-19-2005, 01:09 PM
Starting every game my senior year in football was probably the sickest shit ever. Plus winning an award at the banquet.

Gonzo
03-19-2005, 01:09 PM
It was a good feeling to win the title for our league. I wish I had kept with football instead of deciding to work. :(

Nervous Ferret
03-19-2005, 01:11 PM
One time when I was like 14, I caught a flyball in centerfield, then threw the kid out at home trying to tag up to end the game. Thats it really.

Nervous Ferret
03-19-2005, 01:12 PM
dunno, and I guess a few allstar teams I was on for baseball

Loose Cannon
03-19-2005, 01:18 PM
Actually, I would say my best was just making it to Sectional (I think it's Sectional. The one after State) Championships my Junior year for track. It was fora 4 x 2 relay team. Got our asses kicked though. The 4x4 relay team also made it. Same kids really, but I wasn't on that one and they came in 7th. Got these Huge Medals that weighed like 10 pounds. I wanted one of those fuckers so bad :mad:

Worst single moment was Forfeting (sp) The Baseball Championship Game in like 6th grade. :lol: Bullshit

Innovator
03-19-2005, 01:32 PM
-2 outs, Bottom 9th, line drive between short and 3rd, driving in game winning run in 8th grade.

-Coach's Award, Football, senior year

The Outlaw
03-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Best:

Football:
Starting the last half of my sophmore year, and all of my junior and senior seasons.
Not missing a practice.
All region, county, and 2nd team state.
Led in pancakes.

Baseball:
Led the team in homeruns my junior/senior year
Started every game my junior and senior seasons
All county

Worst:
Baseball - Being eliminated from playoff contention both eyars at the end of the season :(
Football - Being straight up SCREWED the quarterfinal game of the state championship :(

BCWWF
03-19-2005, 03:51 PM
When I was like 10, I was catcher in a coach pitch game and there was a bunt so I grabbed it, tagged the batter running to first base and then tagged the guy sliding into home. A BCWWF double play bitches. Put that in the books: 2-DP.

Seriously though, probably breaking out in track senior year and getting all-conference and honorable mention (4x8 and 4x4) in the toughest conference in the state. Winning state for the sixth consecutive year junior year was big too.

The Outlaw
03-19-2005, 08:05 PM
Wait I didn't start one game my junior year because I was being disciplined for some bullshit

I came in the second half when we were losing though, and we won by one so they know what's up

Nervous Ferret
03-19-2005, 08:09 PM
One time in baseball I was catching..and I was the man as a catcher, because I'm lefty, and I have like the only lefty's catcher golve like anywhere!...and my friend was hitting, and hes kinda fat and slow, and we rib him for it, but it's all in good fun...and I was like, "Yo, when you strike out I'm gunna intentionally drop the 3rd strike just so I can chase you down the 1st base line..", and then he struck out, and then I chased him, but I was just like a t a slow jog, man, good times back in the day.

The Miz
03-20-2005, 12:48 AM
Starting every game my junior and senior seasons (HS basketball). Leading the team in assists and steals both years. Breaking the school record for assists in a game. Scoring 27 pts (career high) on my last home game.

SammyG
03-20-2005, 04:54 PM
All state soccer, all conference b-ball in the same year.

Gertner
03-20-2005, 05:58 PM
basketball-Started every game in high school b-ball. avg a double double as the strating center

football- Won the county championship in my spohmore year. started at defensive tackle

hockey- too many to count. Played high level hokcey my whole life, led the league in defencemen scoring twice. All ontario finalists, led the team in plus minus pretty much every year

badminton- made it to the southwestern ontario championships in mixed doubles.

Boxing. 2-0 record. took a break after my dad died. had things to sort out at home. but starting back up in april.

Rain Man
03-20-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm starting on my High School Lacrosse team as a Freshman and I'm the number one defenseman. My goal is to start every game I am able to (enless injured) my whole high school career.

In youth my team went 26-0-0 and I went 54-1-0 all three years playing in the youth leagues.

BCWWF
03-20-2005, 06:45 PM
You're only 15?

Rain Man
03-20-2005, 06:46 PM
You're only 15?
Yeah

BCWWF
03-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Weird, I thought you were older

Rain Man
03-20-2005, 06:49 PM