PDA

View Full Version : Is there a point? *Smackdown! spoilers*

Kane Knight
03-20-2005, 10:39 AM
Okay, the whole Teddy Long "ruling" on Cena/JBL.

I'd say it was some "lip service" to punishment, except it doesn't really deal with what Cena Did to Long. Can't really say it adds tension, because the first thing he does after he says Cena can only touch JBL in a sanctioned match is...SANCTIONS A FUCKING MATCH.

I mean, the end was mildly amusing. The "taunting" of Cena by JBL was okay. But really, it's adding nothing to the JBL/Cena WM event.

Marcyo
03-20-2005, 10:45 AM
http://img161.exs.cx/img161/8744/indeed4nm.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Marcyo
03-20-2005, 10:48 AM
Meaning you're right, KK. I can do nothing but approve. :y:

Kane Knight
03-20-2005, 11:35 AM
More cheap manloving for you, on the way.

James Steele
03-20-2005, 11:42 AM
You two-timing son of a bitch...

Anyway, yeah. Teddy Long is still the "SCREW THE HEELS" kind of authority figure that makes SmackDown! a little bit more unbearable to watch. Teddy Long will always love the faces... even if they give them the F-U.

:nono: GOD! THAT IS THE STUPIDEST FINISHER NAME I HAVE EVER HEARD, AND THE STUPIDEST FINISHER I HAVE EVER SEEN!

[mini] rant [/over]

Kane Knight
03-20-2005, 12:17 PM
He should drop the F-U title, simply because it was a one trick pony of a joke back when it was mocking Lesnar, and it's WAY past over.

Innovator
03-20-2005, 12:50 PM
it would have worked if Cena didn't touch JBL in the match, and JBL kept avoiding him until before Cena attacked him, the match would be over.

Honestly you can't blame the writing team for trying to add something intriguing to the Smackdown! main event, though their execution sucks.

Speaking of execution, when the hell are they gonna add Eddie vs. Rey to the card?! They have 2 weeks until WM and a big match hasn't been made official yet.

Kane Knight
03-20-2005, 01:59 PM
I can't blame them for trying, but I can blame them for sucking at it. :D

M. Banana
03-20-2005, 03:13 PM
I blame them for everything that is shit.

RGWhat316
03-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Speaking of execution, when the hell are they gonna add Eddie vs. Rey to the card?! They have 2 weeks until WM and a big match hasn't been made official yet.
Even though they got the history, it will probably be thrown together at the last week like they did with Angle/Benoit in 2001. Though it is odd that the Eddie/Rey match is listed in the SmackDown magazine, yet nobody watching tv knows it yet.

Altar of Helmsley
03-20-2005, 06:12 PM
They did the whole 'he can't touch him until......' with Austin and HHH before No Way Out. That worked well because it had alot of build up meaning that people wanted to see the match and it only made them wait longer for it.

Although this angle isn't bad it seams cheap compared to something as well done as the HHH Vs Austin one.

I'd suggest that insted of the DRAMA!!!!.... of Cena and JBL in a tag match they use JBL promo skills to really hype the match, Like the one he used in his feud with the big show at No Way Out.

That was great IMO.

Karlsberg
03-20-2005, 06:25 PM
They did the whole 'he can't touch him until......' with Austin and HHH before No Way Out. That worked well because it had alot of build up meaning that people wanted to see the match and it only made them wait longer for it.

Although this angle isn't bad it seams cheap compared to something as well done as the HHH Vs Austin one.

I'd suggest that insted of the DRAMA!!!!.... of Cena and JBL in a tag match they use JBL promo skills to really hype the match, Like the one he used in his feud with the big show at No Way Out.

That was great IMO.

The key words in your comment was "that people wanted to see the match" where as a lot of people dont give 2 shits about JBL or the chav himself Cena

Kane Knight
03-20-2005, 09:02 PM

And here we see the difference between a good angle and a flop.

Now, if only Cena had been walking out and F-Uing people or some such shit. To make this look less Ad Hoc.

Kane Knight
03-20-2005, 09:03 PM
The key words in your comment was "that people wanted to see the match" where as a lot of people dont give 2 shits about JBL or the chav himself Cena
A LOT more people WANT to see Cena, Chav, Wigger, whatever, or not.

Mayo
03-20-2005, 10:05 PM
http://img161.exs.cx/img161/8744/indeed4nm.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)lol reminded me on Chris Nowinski at first glance

As for the topic, I agree that it was pretty much thrown together out of nowhere. Cena FU'ed Long once and fought back against JBL after getting screwed and then he can't touch JBL? At least make it so that Cena was kicking a whole bunch of guys asses (like KK said) and appears to be out of control, instead of having him look just a tad pissed off.

Corkscrewed
03-21-2005, 12:46 AM
Since when does SD! make sense these days anyway? *sigh*

PullMyFinger
03-21-2005, 12:55 AM
Since when does SD! make sense these days anyway? *sigh*