PDA

View Full Version : Would a split have helped the split?

Evolution
03-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Just a random thought I have been having. When WWE first split into 2 brands with Ric Flair owning RAW and Vince owning SmackDown, they picked guys who they wanted for their shows. Tag teams were split up (Dudleyz, APA).

However, this dominant force of nWo was left in tact on RAW. Why?

In my view, nWo splitting over both brands would have been great. At the time, nWo was Nash, X-Pac, Big Show and Hall.

Have Nash and X-Pac stay on RAW and Big Show and Hall go to SmackDown. Now, Hall was released, which is where you bring in Michaels. He was brought in late anyway to help the nWo, so you put him on SmackDown in Big Show's nWo. Maybe have him say he got rid of him because he wasn't nWo quality, and he brought in ol' HBK.

This way, on SmackDown more and more people are joining nWo (maybe even bring back LWO) and on RAW more people are joining. RAW's nWo could have the original white logo and SmackDown's could have a blue logo, then at joint PPV's they could feud against each other or try and lure people away from their brands/version.

Then people would watch both shows to see who would join that week and/or who would leave etc.

Meh, something similar was probably done in WCW.

Crashnburn
03-21-2005, 03:34 PM
umm... yeah, that's pretty much exactly what happened in WCW between the black and white and the Wolfpack. The NWO angle needed to die like it did because it had been done over and over so much already that when they tried to bring it back I was severly disappointed with WWE.

Kane Knight
03-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Not bringing in the nWO would have been a better idea.

TerranRich
03-21-2005, 06:46 PM
I agree with Crashnburn, in that this is exactly what killed the nWo the first time around. Jobbers started joining it, then they had nWo Wolfpac, nWo Black and White, and it was just a mess.

PullMyFinger
03-21-2005, 07:21 PM
nWo was great in WCW but the constant joining of new members, kicking out others, bringing back the ones you kicked out, having 2 nWo's, destroying the nWo, and re-creating the nWo others really killed the whole situation.

Mr. Nerfect
03-21-2005, 07:42 PM
I think four members on each brand would have been interesting. Kevin Nash, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan and Trish Stratus on RAW. Scott Hall, The Big Show, X-Pac and Shawn Michaels on SmackDown!.

When Scott Hall leaves the WWE, replace him with Kurt Angle. When X-Pac leaves, bring in Paul London as his replacement. When Nash was injured, you can have someone like Rodney Mack head up from OVW. John Cena might have made a good replacement come to think about it. Bringing in a new talent to join the nWo would create an instant challenger for the WWE Intercontinental Championship.

So right now (assuming guys like Hulk Hogan still left when they did), the nWo could look something like this:

RAW
Triple H
John Cena
Eddie Guerrero
Trish Stratus

SmackDown!
Kurt Angle
The Big Show
Paul London
Shawn Michaels

Not the best stables, but they make feuds, and give guys something to do.