PDA

View Full Version : The official list of who will induct who into the 2005 WWE Hall of Fame

KingofOldSchool
03-22-2005, 10:21 PM
-The following is taken from WWE.com and gives some details about who will be inducting several of the Hall of Famer’s on April 2nd.

*The Iron Sheik will be inducted into the Hall of Fame by Sgt. Slaughter.
*Bobby Heenan will induct former protege Paul Orndorff
*Bob Orton, Jr., will be inducted into the Hall of Fame by his son, Randy Orton.
*Jerry Lawler will induct Jimmy Hart.
*Nikolai Volkoff will be inducted into the Hall of Fame by Jim Ross.
*“Rowdy” Roddy Piper, one of the most colorful personalities ever to step foot in a World Wrestling Entertainment ring, will be inducted into the Hall of Fame by Stone Cold Steve Austin.
*On April 2, Hulk Hogan will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by none other than Sylvester Stallone. credit wwe.com

redoneja
03-22-2005, 10:26 PM
What does JR have to do w/ Volkoff? Too bad Blassie passed away or he could do it.
I don't like the fact that Stallone will induct Hogan. McMahon(if he was healthy) should have done it

KingofOldSchool
03-22-2005, 10:27 PM
Stallone = Press from the media outlets who still actually care about Sly

redoneja
03-22-2005, 10:33 PM
That's pathetic.
It should be about WRESTLING
Its the Hall of Fame dammit

Corndad
03-22-2005, 11:27 PM
Anyone else find it hilarious the Sheik is getting introed by Sgt. Slaughter? I find that irony in its finest, isnt that why Slaughter was brought in to combat the Sheik. God I love the WWE. They are so glad we are dumb fans and cant remember anything let alone at WM 17 when the Sarge put the Sheik in the camel clutch. Glad we forgot these guys are suppose to not like each other haha

Pepsi Man
03-22-2005, 11:32 PM
Anyone else find it hilarious the Sheik is getting introed by Sgt. Slaughter? I find that irony in its finest, isnt that why Slaughter was brought in to combat the Sheik. God I love the WWE. They are so glad we are dumb fans and cant remember anything let alone at WM 17 when the Sarge put the Sheik in the camel clutch. Glad we forgot these guys are suppose to not like each other haha
The guys have a history, and that makes it all the more appropriate. Now in their old age, they can admit that there's some professional respect there before they die. :-\

Gouda
03-22-2005, 11:36 PM
I want to see The Iron Shiek's acceptance speech. It will be GOLD.

#1-norm-fan
03-23-2005, 12:16 AM
Where's Steamboat???

It wasn't true, was it?

loopydate
03-23-2005, 12:45 AM
Don't forget, Slaughter and the Sheik were partners during the Gulf War.

Also, they clearly don't give a damn about kayfabe for this thing if the most blatantly chest-thumping American is inducting a "damn commie."

KayfabeMan
03-23-2005, 01:34 AM
That's pathetic.It should be about WRESTLING

So should their TV broadcasts.

What is good is that the media outlets will come out to cover Stallone being there, as well as Hogan, and that will rub off onto not only WWE - but ideally the other legends there as well. I am sure Piper will receive some sort of big media mention, and the other guys should wind up being mentioned at least.

KayfabeMan
03-23-2005, 01:39 AM
Also, they clearly don't give a damn about kayfabe for this thing

:nono:

That's just wrong. I should have been inducted long ago.

On a serious note though, it is somewhat hard to induct specific guys and care about kayfabe [not me] in the process. For example, at the big WrestleReunion convention in January you had Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes and Harley Race all seated within a table or so of each other (and tons of other "rivals") sitting right next to each other as well. Couple that with the fact that kayfabe [not me] is all but officially pronounced dead, and I guess it doesn't matter.

Fox
03-23-2005, 02:35 AM
God I love the WWE. They are so glad we are dumb fans and cant remember anything let alone at WM 17 when the Sarge put the Sheik in the camel clutch.

Wouldn't it be more insulting if they thought we believed everything we saw on their show and held to every storyline, even over petty things like who inducts whom into the hall of fame?

Xero
03-23-2005, 09:44 AM
That's pathetic.
It should be about WRESTLING
Its the Hall of Fame dammit
I have two words for you... Pete Rose.

wwe2222
03-23-2005, 09:56 AM
I would rather the HOF's be inducted by someone who has some kind of history with them. Like one day I hope Austin is inducted my McMahon. I dont want a random selection, it should be someone who has had that bond or impact with that persons career. Though I dont know why JR is inducting Volkoff. I guess in a perfect world, The Iron Sheik would have inducted Volkoff, but he is getting inducted himself, so that wouldnt make much sense.

Hopefully IRS will induct Dibiase in one day. =)

Shawn Pine
03-23-2005, 12:22 PM
Jim Ross inducting Nikolai Volkoff. That makes no sense.

All I can think of, is that maybe poor Nikolai has nobody else? That's sad if that's the case. :( Unless Volkoff requested Ross for some reason?

6to1
03-23-2005, 12:38 PM
it is also funny the king doing jimmy heart they were big rivals rember the whole andy kaffman thing. stonecold and piper, i wonder if that is a set up for pipers pit.

I-Hate-You
03-23-2005, 12:48 PM
I can see the connection between Hogan/Stallone, being their both shitty actors (minus the stuff Stallone did in Rocky I-IV).

Mike the Metal Ed
03-23-2005, 12:59 PM
Jim Ross inducting Nikolai Volkoff. That makes no sense.

All I can think of, is that maybe poor Nikolai has nobody else? That's sad if that's the case. :( Unless Volkoff requested Ross for some reason?

Boris Zhukov would have been good, but he doesn't have anything to do with WWE any more.

Eunos
03-23-2005, 01:19 PM
So what about Steamboat :(

He deserves to be in there. Ric Flair would have been the perfect person to induct him.

KayfabeMan
03-23-2005, 01:28 PM
it is also funny the king doing jimmy heart they were big rivals rember the whole andy kaffman thing. stonecold and piper, i wonder if that is a set up for pipers pit.

I'm not sure that I 'rember' anyone named 'kaffman', but I do remember the entire Andy Kaufman saga and although Jimmy Hart was with Andy early on, he did turn on him and join Lawler, and continued to manage Lawler for many years (right on through now in Memphis). So it balances out.

Pepsi Man
03-24-2005, 01:33 AM
I'm not sure that I 'rember' anyone named 'kaffman', but I do remember the entire Andy Kaufman saga and although Jimmy Hart was with Andy early on, he did turn on him and join Lawler, and continued to manage Lawler for many years (right on through now in Memphis). So it balances out.
Wait, wasn't one of the last things that happened in it Kaufman and Hart swerving Lawler, with Lawler tagging with Kaufman against Hart and ??? and Kaufman turning on Lawler?