PDA

View Full Version : TNA in talks with Spike...

PullMyFinger
03-23-2005, 09:38 PM
How do you think that'll go? I personally think Spike should pick it up because they'd probably grab more ratings with TNA than they ever would with the other shit they come out with.

YOUR Hero
03-23-2005, 09:50 PM
Wish them luck. Healthy competition is the biggest missing component in todays pro wrestling scene.

RemyRed
03-23-2005, 09:50 PM
I don't really care, Spike Dudley'll never be that big a draw. But I really hope they get WWE's old slot, doubtful, but hey a fan can dream.

Loose Cannon
03-23-2005, 09:51 PM
LOL. DUHHHHHHHH

James Steele
03-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Actually, if TNA did go head to head with RAW or SmackDown! right now they would get their asses handed to them.

I hope they get a primetime TV deal, but not on Mondays or Thursdays (or going head-to-head against WWE right now).

If they got a slot on Wednesdays, like their old PPV slot, they wouldn't have too much competition.

PullMyFinger
03-23-2005, 10:35 PM
TNA could grab a shitload of great WWE talent if they played their cards right. Of course, it would also require a shitload of money that I'm sure Jarret doesn't have. TNA should wait till Jericho's contract and other people's expires (like Benoit)..then say, "hey, obviously WWE is the Triple H show...come to our show, we'll give you a world title monster push...and you'd be at the top instead of Triple H's poodle." It would certainly give wrestlers another option instead of revolving around Triple H.

mike627
03-23-2005, 10:41 PM
I don't see Benoit going to TNA only to job to Jarret.

Kane Knight
03-23-2005, 10:46 PM
1) Has this been verified anywhere?

2) Why the hell would Spike drop Raw and pick up TNA?

PullMyFinger
03-23-2005, 10:47 PM
Well yeah, something has to be done about Jarrett. However, if someone tells Jarrett the amount of money he'd make if he took the belt off of himself, he'd probably listen. I doubt anyone would want to carry around a damn belt and be in debt.

PullMyFinger
03-23-2005, 10:48 PM

TPWW's headlines. Raw is done with Spike...asked too much.

Kane Knight
03-23-2005, 10:53 PM
TPWW's headlines. Raw is done with Spike...asked too much.
HOWABOUT THE OTHER, LESS ESTABLISHED, MORE IMPORTANT PART?

PullMyFinger
03-23-2005, 10:58 PM
From what I remember, it just said something like Jarret in contact with TNA or something like that. I'll look back..I probably fucked up and now I feel really dumb. Haha

Fox
03-23-2005, 11:04 PM
This could be great for TNA if it actually happens. They must realize that they need a better TV deal than they have now if they ever want to be any kind of competition for McMahon's massive WWE.

TNA could steal some big WWE talent if they used the right methods and proved that TNA is a place that's going somewhere. No one wants to walk away from a WWE contract if there's a chance that their new employer is going to stumble. But look at the mis-used talent pool that TNA could utilize: Rob Van Dam, Chris Benoit, Perry Saturn, Spanky, Paul London, Billy Kidman, Charlie Haas, Shane Helms, Rhyno, Test. The list goes on and on.

But there's always the Jarrett roadblock. Until Jerry and Jeff realize that Jeff doesn't draw as the main focus of the show, they'll never make any progress.

And Dusty Rhodes needs to go too.

James Steele
03-23-2005, 11:06 PM
but he's the fucking american dweem brotha!

HeartBreakMan2k
03-23-2005, 11:10 PM

Well the rumor was Vince wanted to much for Raw, as in TNA wanted to keep the show, but didn't want to pay out the money. Now if that's true, they could pick up TNA at a much cheaper price and still have a show that would out draw any other show they could have (sans Raw).

SuperSlim
03-23-2005, 11:32 PM
well as far as all this goes, it would be nice is Spike did grab TNA but like it has been said it also depends on what day.

BUt first what they, TNA, has to do is figure out what to do with the world title. Right now that title is practically meaningless. And there really aren't any contenders for it anymore. Hardy can't go for it, Nash is out, DDP is out, Raven is out, Monty Brown is a heel so he's out, Styles is questionable, The Truth is pretty much out.

What TNA needs is to develop some main event guys. And tell Jarrett that it is OK to job sometimes. That it is OK to walk around without a belt. until then they can get any TV deal they want but it won't go to far. Also they need to develop the characters.

They all are pretty much the same. High flyers. THe only ones with personality are Petey, Styles, Daniles, Primetime is workin on his still, Sabin has some and that's all from the X division. And for goodness sake push Raven. and leave Dustin out of things. What in the world is Dustin gonna do for the company? Nothing.

So yeah TNA got a lotta work to do, not just to compete with the WWe but to stay alive.

Kane Knight
03-24-2005, 12:26 AM
From what I remember, it just said something like Jarret in contact with TNA or something like that. I'll look back..I probably fucked up and now I feel really dumb. Haha
It says that it's rumoured.

Of course, this rumour has been shot down on other sites. In fact, this should be pretty old news now, as very little Triple A posted was new.

Gouda
03-24-2005, 12:39 AM
Spike really should pick it up. They could definatleydo it for less than what they were paying the WWE.

And if they don't make it compete with a WWE show then I think it could get them some fair ratings.

Kane Knight
03-24-2005, 01:23 AM
Spike really should pick it up. They could definatleydo it for less than what they were paying the WWE.

And if they don't make it compete with a WWE show then I think it could get them some fair ratings.
And if they could get TNA to act like a business...

KayfabeMan
03-24-2005, 03:19 AM
TNA is a glorified indy group. The only thing that seperates them from any other indy out there is that (at the moment) they seem to have a blank check. Ironically, the same thing can be said for their heads.

Without solid matches, solid competition, angles that make sense, and a STEADY roster of talents - you can't do shit. They don't have any type of business strategy or plan, other than to spend other people's money to keep their own names out there for as long as possible; should that money run out, they'd all be unemployed.

The big shame is that they have everything needed to become a big group, but they don't present themselves as one, and they don't utilize any of the things they have - especially 1/2 of their actual roster (not counting the 15 jobbers they have to fill TV). If I were in charge of SpikeTV, I wouldn't even consider TNA being on the air with me until they could prove that they're an actual promotion.

You've yet to prove that you can draw, especially in different areas of the country, and with paying customers. Even in your own "comfort zone", with free tickets, you can't fill the place for a TV taping. Get a business plan together, and then come back.

TerranRich
03-24-2005, 12:08 PM
TNA could grab a shitload of great WWE talent if they played their cards right. Of course, it would also require a shitload of money that I'm sure Jarret doesn't have. TNA should wait till Jericho's contract and other people's expires (like Benoit)..then say, "hey, obviously WWE is the Triple H show...come to our show, we'll give you a world title monster push...and you'd be at the top instead of Triple H's poodle." It would certainly give wrestlers another option instead of revolving around Triple H.

It's just too bad that...

Triple H : WWE :: Jeff Jarrett : TNA

in a way ;)

Kane Knight
03-24-2005, 12:30 PM
It's just too bad that...

Triple H : WWE :: Jeff Jarrett : TNA

in a way ;)
In a way? Screw that. It's the same deal. :p

Dave Youell
03-24-2005, 12:49 PM
In a way? Screw that. It's the same deal. :p
Screw that they're the same person! I've never seen them together at the same time, have you!

TerranRich
03-24-2005, 01:54 PM
Which one's Clark Kent and which one's Superman? :naughty:

Kane Knight
03-24-2005, 02:44 PM
Screw that they're the same person! I've never seen them together at the same time, have you!
Just like Bruce Wayne and Superman!

TerranRich
03-24-2005, 05:08 PM
But they're not even on the same TV show...

OOooohhhhh, I get it. ;)

Savio
03-24-2005, 05:12 PM
2) Why the hell would Spike drop Raw and pick up TNA?They like making bad decisions.

Disturbed316
03-24-2005, 05:13 PM
TNA is a pile of wank.

Kane Knight
03-24-2005, 07:07 PM
They like making bad decisions.
"The first network for regret."

KayfabeMan
03-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Why the hell would Spike air Shipmates, Blind Date, Trucks!, and a reality show with William Shatner? :shifty:

Kane Knight
03-24-2005, 07:39 PM
:shifty:
Trucks! is probably the LEAST nonsensical show on there. I mean, it's supposed to be a manly network...Yet 6 hours of Star Trek a day...

KayfabeMan
03-24-2005, 08:12 PM
I say Spike should start a 'Surreal Life' type of reality show based on pro-wrestlers. Have a house with like Randy Savage, Scott Hall, Joanie Laurer, Sean Waltman, Lita, Konnan, another random superstar, and Lex Luger - live via a satellite hookup from Federal Prison.

Kane Knight
03-24-2005, 08:23 PM
I say Spike should start a 'Surreal Life' type of reality show based on pro-wrestlers. Have a house with like Randy Savage, Scott Hall, Joanie Laurer, Sean Waltman, Lita, Konnan, another random superstar, and Lex Luger - live via a satellite hookup from Federal Prison.
Only if Waltman and Laurer keep their clothes on.

The CyNick
03-24-2005, 10:08 PM
The only way they could get a deal is if they had the likes of Goldberg, Hogan and Rock lined up to work for them

Kane Knight
03-24-2005, 10:19 PM
The only way they could get a deal is if they had the likes of Goldberg, Hogan Rock and Jesus lined up to work for them

Fenix122
03-24-2005, 10:30 PM
The only way they could get a deal is if they had the likes of Goldberg, Hogan, Rock, and Jesus lined up to work for them

Even if they got Jesus he would just job to Jarrett like everyone else.

KayfabeMan
03-24-2005, 10:54 PM
Jesus was never a good worker.

In singles competition he did OK for himself on Super Astros, but in the tag division (with Los Boricuas) he always got his ass handed to him. It'd be no different in TNA.

Loose Cannon
03-24-2005, 11:04 PM

LOL

I would throw Bill Watts in there to make sure the guys don't break Curfew...or violate parole, whichever works.

KayfabeMan
03-24-2005, 11:35 PM
:lol:

Bill Watts is indeed the freakin' man. :y:

RESPECT.

Corkscrewed
03-24-2005, 11:36 PM
I get Spike and USA, so I think it'd be cool. I won't cross any fingers, but it'd be an interesting diversion.

TerranRich
03-25-2005, 01:47 AM
If they advertised TNA being on Spike TV, I'd definitely do what I did in 1996-2000 for WCW, and flip between the two. Many other people would do this, too, and as long as TNA could pull off a decent to good show, it would work out I believe.

TerranRich
03-25-2005, 01:48 AM

I blame the Jews.

(Get it? Jesus? Jews? God, the bad jokes never cease! ;) )

KayfabeMan
03-25-2005, 02:11 AM
One could also bust out some old-school wrestling terminology, and make a joke about him spending most of his career as a carpenter :shifty:

Kane Knight
03-25-2005, 11:14 AM

In singles competition he did OK for himself on Super Astros, but in the tag division (with Los Boricuas) he always got his ass handed to him. It'd be no different in TNA.
LMAO!

Kane Knight
03-25-2005, 11:15 AM
If they advertised TNA being on Spike TV, I'd definitely do what I did in 1996-2000 for WCW, and flip between the two. Many other people would do this, too, and as long as TNA could pull off a decent to good show, it would work out I believe.
If TNA could find it in their hearts to put on a decent show worthy of competition, I'd flip back and forth. As it is now, the WWE would win.

The One
03-25-2005, 11:22 AM
WWE would of course win in the beginning, and I don't think it would even grow to be another Monday Night War, however I think it would be a good idea for Spike to keep a wrestling show in place of RAW since people who don't keep up with this sort of thing would tune in by mistake and therefore there is already a built in market. Plus TNA has been doing great in terms of numbers for the station they are on. So much so that FOX even mentioned breifly that they might put them on FX on Thursdays, as we know nothing ever happened with that, and why I am not sure, but if Jarrett could get in talks with Spike it would be good for TNA and could even be good for Spike. No it wouldn't draw as much as RAW, but IMPACT could draw as much as any other show Spike could find, also I am sure TNA wouldn't demand NEARLY as much money as Vince & Co are for the past few years. I think that could be great for everyone if TNA got a deal...

PullMyFinger
03-25-2005, 12:48 PM
WWE would of course win in the beginning, and I don't think it would even grow to be another Monday Night War, however I think it would be a good idea for Spike to keep a wrestling show in place of RAW since people who don't keep up with this sort of thing would tune in by mistake and therefore there is already a built in market. Plus TNA has been doing great in terms of numbers for the station they are on. So much so that FOX even mentioned breifly that they might put them on FX on Thursdays, as we know nothing ever happened with that, and why I am not sure, but if Jarrett could get in talks with Spike it would be good for TNA and could even be good for Spike. No it wouldn't draw as much as RAW, but IMPACT could draw as much as any other show Spike could find, also I am sure TNA wouldn't demand NEARLY as much money as Vince & Co are for the past few years. I think that could be great for everyone if TNA got a deal...
word, yo!