PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat: Deception

WrestlingFreek1987
03-24-2005, 05:15 PM
Just bought Mortal Kombat: Deception.
I'm about to play it now. What are everyone's thoughts on it? I think it looks pretty good. The site is cool anyway...

Vietnamese Crippler
03-24-2005, 06:44 PM
I've been meaning to buy it :o

Give a quick review if you can

McDoogle
03-24-2005, 06:46 PM
I've been meaning to buy it :o

Give a quick review if you can

Have you played MK: Deadly alliance? Same thing with more characters and interactive backgrounds.

G
03-24-2005, 08:29 PM
Whatever happened to Test Your Might. Has it been brought back any?

Button mashing at it's finest.

SuperSlim
03-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Deception is pretty good(Story mode) until you beat it. Then there really isn't much else to do except try to win everyone. Well you could play chess mode and stuff but that wears thin. Then there is that puzzle fighter mode also but that wears real thin. SO meh it's aight.

Mister Sinister
03-24-2005, 08:43 PM
It was bought back in Deadly Alliance, but was taken out of Deception...

Anyways, Deception, is just a more modified version of Deadly Alliance...Innoactived Stages, More Characters, Character Models were touched up and look better...They added a few mini games, like MK Chess (Classic Chess with a Twist with MK Characters) and Puzzle Kombat (A MK Version of Tetris)

They also added Conquest Mode, which is a story mode, that's enabled for just one character, a new character name Shujinko they added. Basically you can tell they are trying to make him the next Liu Kang, cept he is lot older...In Conquest Mode, you actually run around all the realm and get to learn a little more about the characters history and even have the chance to fight everyone in the MK Universe, even if they aren't playable characters in this game...

It's a most have if you are a Mortal Kombat fan, and is a above average fighter, that is fun, unlike the other games in the genre that are more in-depth that take hundreds of hours to master the game

Vietnamese Crippler
03-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Have you played MK: Deadly alliance? Same thing with more characters and interactive backgrounds.

Yea, I have.

Maybe I'll get it this week :-\

Bad Guy
03-25-2005, 06:20 AM
It was alright. Then I sold it. :rofl:

Mr. Monday Morning
03-25-2005, 06:25 AM
Cheapest boss ever

That said if you manage to unlock everything for Shujinko he is unbelievably awesome :o

Fryza
03-25-2005, 11:09 AM
Yeah, Onaga is a fucking cheap bastard. However, he's pretty easily finished with Shujinko, Liu Kang, or Hotaru.

The overall game is nice, I was really amazed at that. It looks cleaner and crisper, more fun, and a bit harder than the last games. I like the addition of Konquest mode, well, the changes they made to it, and the chess mode. Fun game. Gets repetitive after awhile, but all games do.

RemyRed
03-25-2005, 11:14 AM
Expect to be kind of disturbed during the Konquest mode (how can one guy have such a fucked up life?)

WrestlingFreek1987
03-25-2005, 06:29 PM
Expect to be kind of disturbed during the Konquest mode (how can one guy have such a fucked up life?)

*Excitedly runs to play Konquest Mode..............*:shifty:

Ah yeah, & for anyone interested: http://www.mortalkombatdeception.com/deception.php

Cool site. Lots of info on the game.

Sepholio
03-25-2005, 09:14 PM
Yeah, Onaga is a fucking cheap bastard. However, he's pretty easily finished with Shujinko, Liu Kang, or Hotaru.

The overall game is nice, I was really amazed at that. It looks cleaner and crisper, more fun, and a bit harder than the last games. I like the addition of Konquest mode, well, the changes they made to it, and the chess mode. Fun game. Gets repetitive after awhile, but all games do.

I found using Barakas scissor attack is the easiest way to kill Onaga. Fight his cheese with some of your own!

Fryza
03-25-2005, 10:32 PM
I found using Barakas scissor attack is the easiest way to kill Onaga. Fight his cheese with some of your own!

See, I figured that too, but my clumsy fingers slipped up, and I moved forward instead of the combo... It just went downhill from there.

Lara Emily
03-26-2005, 12:25 AM
Heh yeah Onaga is a bitch even on the super easiest mode. Baraka is sweet against him though I beat Onaga flawlessly (granted it was on super easy and I had it set to one round matches) with Baraka, without even using the Komidagou.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-26-2005, 07:46 AM
Most of the cheap weapon attacks work pretty well, like Ermac's axe twirl

Fignuts
03-26-2005, 03:19 PM
I tried to get into the new MK games, but they just pale in comparison to the tekkens and virtua fighters.

Joe Kerr
03-27-2005, 11:37 AM
zombie Liu kang kicks ass. Online play is nice as long as you have a high speed connection. I like the puzzle mode especially if you can pull off a 150+ block combo

Jaton
03-29-2005, 07:41 PM
Onaga isn't that hard, especially if you get someone who has some long combos like Jade or Kenshi. Just hit one of the Kamidogu, start combo while he's stunned. It takes plenty of damage, and if the combo is long enough, you can end a round using 2-3 kamidogu.