PDA

View Full Version : Biggest let down...

Jordan
12-09-2003, 06:04 PM
What movie to you was the biggest let down?

Star Wars: Phantom Mennace was a horrible let down for me, that movie blows such ass it's unreal.

The Icon of Elisim
12-09-2003, 06:10 PM
I was expecting a lot more out of Pearl Harbor

Penner
12-09-2003, 06:11 PM
<font color=white face=tahoma><b>Phantom Menace WAS a big let down.</b></font>

The Miz
12-09-2003, 06:20 PM
elf
every star wars movie
scarface
american beauty
forrest gump

can't think of any more

loopydate
12-09-2003, 08:16 PM
AI
Vanilla Sky
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

There are more, but those are the big three.

Loose Cannon
12-09-2003, 08:20 PM
oh god that's easy for me. FK'N "Mission To Mars". I went into the theater expecting one of the greatest movies ever after seeing the previews and I came out of it like WTF was that piece of crap. That movie was horrible and the ending was very anti-climatic.

Boondock Saint
12-09-2003, 08:56 PM
AI
Hollywood Homicide (previews made it look funnier than it was)
Unbreakable
The Matrix Reloaded (killed any desire to see the 3rd)

The Mask
12-09-2003, 10:54 PM
you know, I never watched american beauty for so long cause by looking at the description and pictures on the box, it sounded shit, but when I saw it I loved it.

Kevin Spacey is the man.

Frank Grimes Jnr
12-10-2003, 12:17 AM
Matrix Revolutions- the first two were passable as movies go but this was just pathetic. To much CGI is not always a good thing.

Bruce Almighty- just the idea of Jim Carrey playing God made my mouth water. This movie could have been so much better if they let Carrey do more of his usual crazy shit.

Nowhere Man
12-10-2003, 10:43 AM
Star Wars Episode 1- I refuse to believe that annoying little bastard Jake Lloyd grows up to be Darth Vader.

Alien: Resurrection- Absolutely loved the first three, but this was complete and utter crap. There was no need whatsoever for a 4th movie.

Godzilla- the American re-make. They could've done a hell of a lot with a modernized version of the King of the Monsters, but all they did was rip off Jurassic Park.

Eyes Wide Shut- this is coming from a HUGE Kubrick fan, too. The movie didn't really seem to go anywhere, and Tom Cruise just irritated me throughout the whole thing. Clockwork Orange it ain't.

Haven't seen Matrix 2 or 3 yet, so I can't really comment on those.

The Mask
12-10-2003, 10:48 AM
oh yeah, matrix reloaded for definate

Paranoid Rattlesnake
12-10-2003, 11:34 AM
Tomb Raider

deathtrap
12-10-2003, 02:05 PM
dahmar

Kane Knight
12-10-2003, 02:44 PM
Star Wars Episode 1- I refuse to believe that annoying little bastard Jake Lloyd grows up to be Darth Vader.

Yeah. Epside IV:

Vader: The circle is complete. now I am the master

Obi Wan: Only a master of emo, Darth.

Episode V:

Luke: He told me enough. He told me YOU killed him!

Vader: I am your father.

Luke: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My dad was the biggest wanker in the Jedi Order!

(No wonder he then plunges to an almost certain death)

The Miz
12-10-2003, 02:44 PM
Eyes Wide Shut- this is coming from a HUGE Kubrick fan, too. The movie didn't really seem to go anywhere, and Tom Cruise just irritated me throughout the whole thing. Clockwork Orange it ain't.

yeah that was probably the biggest movie letdown of all time.

loopydate
02-18-2012, 11:49 PM
Ninety-eight months later...

Swiss Ultimate
02-22-2012, 07:19 AM
Starship Troopers. Was a big fan of the book.

Now though I can enjoy it, but at the time it was like, "where are the mechs?"

MoFo
02-22-2012, 10:00 AM
'The Spirit', b/c it was sort of billed as a sequel to Sin City (MoFo favourite film) but it was really shit and Samuel L Jackson sucked bawls in it

Fox
02-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Superman Returns

Superman: The Movie is the first movie I remember ever watching. I grew up idolizing Chris Reeve's Superman and loved all of the movies except #3 because Richard Pryor scared me (yes, I even loved the bastard child Superman IV: The Quest For Peace). The last Superman movie was made in 1987, the same year that I was born. I waited a long time to see the man of steel on the big screen.

I was incredibly amped about the coming of Superman Returns: it had the director of one of the best superhero movies I'd ever seen (Bryan Singer's X2), a guy who looked like a decent Superman, Kevin fucking Spacey as Lex Luthor, Marlon Brando as Jor-El, and most of all, the special effects abilities of the modern age to hopefully give us some kind of incredible super fight between Superman and Doomsday or Zod or a giant robot or something.

And then the movie crushed every hope I had. The angle with the kid, Superman being a stalker, the change to his costume, the lack of any kind of fighting AT ALL, the forceful Jesus Christ imagery, the shitty acting of Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane, a finale that saw Superman fight a GIANT FUCKING ROCK... I left feeling like I had been raped. Raped by Superman.

El Fangel
02-22-2012, 11:13 PM
The Devil Inside - I can't think of any movie I have ever seen in my life that caused me to as angry as I was at the end of it. The trailers had it as what I thought would be The Exorcist of our generation but Jesus fucking Christ was it awful.

Avatar - I have not been able to finish this, I fell asleep all three times I tried watching it. Once in theatres.

Stars Wars Episode I - Nothing that hasnt already been said.

Superman Returns - What the fuck was that.

Spiderman 3 - The only part so remember was emokid doing the dance number. Not a badass fight with Venom. A goddamn dance number.

Freddy vs Jason - I didn't expect much and I didn't even get that.

XCaliber
02-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Not sure why of all Phantom Menace hate it was better than Attack of the Clones and i'd have to agree with Matrix Revolutions it was a turd compared to the 2 previous outings.

XL
02-23-2012, 04:22 PM
The Blair Witch Project

Soooooooooooooooooo much hype, guess it was impossible to meet expectations.

JimmyMess
02-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Being a kid at the time... The Cable Guy.... it was Jim Carrey so all us kiddies were ready to see him be epic, and we all got gotted.

JimmyMess
02-23-2012, 05:29 PM
As an adult, I dig it though.

DaveBrawl
02-23-2012, 06:33 PM
I enjoyed Superman Returns. Of course I pretend the movie ended after he saved the day and the angle with the kid never happened.

Fryza
02-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Recently, Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance.

Swiss Ultimate
02-24-2012, 08:24 PM
LOL @ that cheap clean skull of his.

Swiss Ultimate
02-24-2012, 08:25 PM
http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/Ghost%20Rider%20officialfilmstill1.jpg

Gertner
02-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Hangover 2 was a massive disappointment

Rammsteinmad
02-26-2012, 07:58 PM
And then the movie crushed every hope I had. The angle with the kid, Superman being a stalker, the change to his costume, the lack of any kind of fighting AT ALL, the forceful Jesus Christ imagery, the shitty acting of Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane, a finale that saw Superman fight a GIANT FUCKING ROCK... I left feeling like I had been raped. Raped by Superman.

That's actually a pretty good description of it. :lol:

CSL
02-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Showgirls

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-27-2012, 12:26 AM
Showgirls

Yeah, Kelly should have been the Saved by the Bell girl who stripped.

Skippord
02-27-2012, 12:26 AM
Showgirls gave me the exact amount of erection I expected