PDA

View Full Version : Long Entrances

Gouda
03-28-2005, 12:40 AM
Yeah.... So there seem to be an abundance of long entrances in the WWE now.

HHH
Taker
Chris Masters

Then in the past there was... ummm...

Austin. (Cause he went to all four corners and such)

Anyways... who else had a really long entrance? And whose is the longest?

Yeah... pretty crappy thread. Leave me alone.

RGWhat316
03-28-2005, 12:48 AM
Iron Sheik at WM X-7 :lol:

Drakul
03-28-2005, 12:49 AM
Undertakers at WMXX was 15 mins long I think.

Kane Knight
03-28-2005, 12:51 AM
Ultimo Dragon...He kept tripping...

*runs like Hell*

the New Age Outlaws (Ladies and gentlemen...)

Austin (But he only went to all four turnbuckles to give them time to clean the semen off the monitors.

Kane Knight
03-28-2005, 12:51 AM
And you're making a conservative estimate.

Corkscrewed
03-28-2005, 01:38 AM
Taker's was as long as a HHH promo.

PureHatred
03-28-2005, 01:46 AM
Sandman's entrance in ECW was the longest I can think of. You'd get through about three verses of "Enter Sandman" before he came anywhere near a ring.

Shadow
03-28-2005, 02:01 AM
HHH's is pretty damn long.....

How about Eddie's? That can last a long time depending how much he wants to jack that car up.

Mayo
03-28-2005, 02:21 AM
Flair's entrance has been pretty long these days, when he comes out with the robe and everything, but that may be only because he is so old. Did he used to walk that slow back then also?

The Overdrive
03-28-2005, 02:32 AM
Edge takes a while to get down to the ring since he sprints to one side of the stage, then to the other, then he has to place himself in the middle, then he jumps up and down about 4 times, and finally he walks rather quick doing sort of a Strut to the ring. I think sometimes, only sometimes he gets on the turnbuckle and takes his sun glasses off aswell which makes more time fly.

Every now and then CLB can take a while as well since he usually wispers something to Goat Boy.

But yeah, Undertaker tops them all off, hands down. The most annoying, thing is Undertaker's entrance. Week after week we're put through hell of listening to Michael fucking Cole run his mouth about Taker's entrance been "Spine tingling" Weather hes just doing his job or not, dam it gets annoying then Tazz joins in saying "I've been in the ring with the dead man before and that tomb stone will slap you silly"

The Overdrive
03-28-2005, 02:37 AM
Hmmm, according to the numbers of my video machine one of Evolution's entrances took 3 minutes and 16 seconds. But thats nothing, I'm sure I could find longer, much longer.

Drakul
03-28-2005, 02:54 AM
I stand corrected.It was 4 minutes and 43 seconds long.

The Overdrive
03-28-2005, 03:08 AM
Anyone have a tape at home of the promo Orton made the night after Summerslam 2004? If so, look over the tape and I think you'll find Orton's entrance took about 4 minutes. Maybe about two seconds before the 4 minute mark.

Hired Hitman
03-28-2005, 03:16 AM
Hmmm, according to the numbers of my video machine one of Evolution's entrances took 3 minutes and 16 seconds. But thats nothing, I'm sure I could find longer, much longer.
*Glass Breaking*

Hitman84
03-28-2005, 03:46 AM
The Hart foundation at Canadian Stampede! They waited for all four other entrance themes to play, then when Bret's hit, they stood on the stage shaking hands for a bit before walking slowly to the ring. Not sure that counts though.

Kane Knight
03-28-2005, 11:03 AM
HHH's is pretty damn long.....

How about Eddie's? That can last a long time depending how much he wants to jack that car up.
And the speed limit...

Kane Knight
03-28-2005, 11:04 AM
Flair's entrance has been pretty long these days, when he comes out with the robe and everything, but that may be only because he is so old. Did he used to walk that slow back then also?
It sure doesn't SEEM it, but maybe that's because I was so much younger when Flair had his original hips.

Kane Knight
03-28-2005, 11:05 AM
*Glass Breaking*
:rofl:

Gerard
03-28-2005, 11:31 AM
Goldbergs was pretty long as well.

Innovator
03-28-2005, 12:14 PM
It sure doesn't SEEM it, but maybe that's because I was so much younger when Flair had his original hips.Yeah, I have a video of a '89 Steamboat/Flair match, and Flair was in the ring and ready to go after one loop of his song. Compared to nowadays he looked like the Warrior.

mrslackalack
03-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Dont forget Glacier

Disturbed316
03-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Rock had a long enterance, same as Austin, he went to different corners on occasions.

redoneja
03-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Sandman had easily the longest entrance.

Cool King
03-28-2005, 02:49 PM
Shawn Michaels had a long entrance when he was younger.

He would take a some time for his music to play then he would come out and dance a bit,then he would go to the middle of the ramp and pose and let the fireworks go off,then he would go on the apron and dance as he went into the ring,then he would do his pose and the fireworks would go off again,then he would take his trousers off.

Kane Knight
03-28-2005, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I have a video of a '89 Steamboat/Flair match, and Flair was in the ring and ready to go after one loop of his song. Compared to nowadays he looked like the Warrior.
Interesting enough, "Also Sprach Zarathustra" was originally 12 seconds in length. They extended it because of the royalties it would cost them to play the song 80 times waiting for Ric to get in the ring.

AareDub
03-28-2005, 02:59 PM
Gangrel's tended to be a bit long. When E and C joined in on it they would run down to the ring, but Gangrel would do his slow little walk thing and his drink from the cup thing, etc etc etc.

Team Sheep
03-28-2005, 03:01 PM

**double post**

Team Sheep
03-28-2005, 03:01 PM

Yeah, he was always still in his damn dressing room just after his entrance hit. Then they'd have that retarded bloke bang on his door - "Goldberg, it's time!"

Savio
03-28-2005, 03:05 PM
Hogan waits for everyone to quiet down before talking.

PorkSoda
03-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Glacier in WCW had a pretty long entrance in WCW. He was doing like martial arts moves and stuff and like took 10 minutes to get to the ring.

Ultimate Warrior had a really long entrance :)

Savio
03-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Rey myterio has a stupid one. "Wow let me tape the fans!"

The Overdrive
03-28-2005, 05:29 PM
lol, Mae Young's special appearance in 2003 at that Stone Cold's pie eating contest. Man, Molar or however you spell it, keept having to shove her along every now and again to keep her moving. :lol:

The Overdrive
03-28-2005, 05:31 PM

Whats your point?

Every face pretty much does that these days. And it gets shit annoying after a while, aswell.

Marcyo
03-28-2005, 06:44 PM

Muhammad Hassan too. Trouble is, people do NOT stop booing when he waits for it. :D

Hired Hitman
03-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Rey myterio has a stupid one. "Wow let me tape the fans!"
He stole that from kidman :mad:

BigDaddyCool
03-28-2005, 07:25 PM
RVD in ECW had a long enterance, he would high five everyone in the audinence then do his little dancing jumps and kicks in the ring and get his belt taken off of him by Fonzy.

Oh, the NAO had a longer one, with that whole, "O you didn't know? You're ass better call somebodeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Degeneration X proudly brings to you the WWF Tag Team Champions of the World! The Road Dogg Jesse James, the Badass Billy Gunn. THE NEW AGE OUTLAWS! And if you aren't down with that, we got 2 words for ya!" Then Billy Gunn would yell "suck it". And a good time was had by all. Damn....I can't believe I remeber that all. And I'll be even more superised if I got it exactly right. Someone check that out for me.

Rain Man
03-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Goldust (I think I spelled that wrong) use to have semi-long ones, the Rock back in the Corporation days use to take is time walking to the ring

SuperSlim
03-28-2005, 09:13 PM
The Rock when he first used the Hollywood theme. it would play for like a minute before he even showed up then it took like a nother minute or two

KingofOldSchool
03-28-2005, 11:42 PM
It took like 36 replies for someone to mention RVD's ECW entrance?

*shakes head*

Ohhhh the Bushwackers, they spent a lot of time licking people's heads.

DDP whenever he went through the crowd in his entrance.

Evolution
03-29-2005, 11:48 AM
RVD in ECW had a long enterance, he would high five everyone in the audinence then do his little dancing jumps and kicks in the ring and get his belt taken off of him by Fonzy.

Oh, the NAO had a longer one, with that whole, "O you didn't know? You're ass better call somebodeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Degeneration X proudly brings to you the WWF Tag Team Champions of the World! The Road Dogg Jesse James, the Badass Billy Gunn. THE NEW AGE OUTLAWS! And if you aren't down with that, we got 2 words for ya!" Then Billy Gunn would yell "suck it". And a good time was had by all. Damn....I can't believe I remeber that all. And I'll be even more superised if I got it exactly right. Someone check that out for me.
Actually, its:

Oh you didn't know?!
Your ass better caaaaaall sooomebooodyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
*Couple of bars of music*
You damn right!
You see it's me! It's me!
It's that D-OOOOO-Double G!
Mobbin' with that B-A-Double D, A to that Double crooked letter!
*Few more bars of music, turnbuckle taunts and crotch chops*
CUT THE MUSIC!
*Dramatic Pause*
*Town/State*, welcome, to the Dogg House!
*Crowd Barks*
Where you know, the New Age Outlaws, aaalways kick that shiznit, DO-GGY STYLE! Now then, let's see if we can't make a little noise, UP IN THIS BIOTCH!
*Crowd Cheers*
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, D-Generation X, proudly brings to you, it's WWF, TAAG TEAM CHAAAMPIONS OF THE WOOOOOOOOOOORLD! The Road Dogg Jesse James! The Badd Ass Billy Gunn! The New, Age, Outlaws!
*Hands mic to Billy, who milks his only talking time*
And of course if you're not down with that...
WE GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA!...
*Crowd shouts SUCK IT!*
*Opponents music hits*

Jeesy Creesy thats a long entrance.

Ahh, nostalgia.:'(

El Santo
03-29-2005, 07:34 PM
If we want to get really obscure...

The enterances for the Maestro and The Artist Formerly Known as Prince Iaukea back in the WCW were pretty frikkin' long.

Jaton
03-29-2005, 07:35 PM
Wasn't Ryan Shamrock the Maestro's manager or valet?