PDA

View Full Version : Some Wrestlemania thoughts

LK
04-04-2005, 06:38 AM
First of all Christy at this time belongs nowhere near a wrestling ring. She can't do anything.

Shelton Benjamin is insane/amazing. The flip over the top rope, running up the ladder to clothsline Jericho. The guy is amazing. I was something of a doubter before but like LC said in the WM thread I think that this guy could really become a star this year.

I think that it was the best thing to have Taker beat Orton if Randy is going to be gone for six months.

I sort of feel bad for JBL. I think he did really well in his title reign and so to basically be squashed in the biggest match of his career was something of an injustice in my view.

HBK vs Kurt was immense. Someone a while back said that HBK should retire but as someone said ever since he returned he has put on three matches at WM and each of them have been MOTY candidates.

Overall I think that this was a pretty damn good Wrestlemania.

King Jericho
04-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Yeah I agree, I've loved JBL's title run because he character and performances have been pretty awesome in my opinion, and to have him, well, not get totally squashed but get pinned pretty quick, was a let down.

Overall I really really enjoyed this years Wrestlemania, as Dave Youell said to me while watching it last night, he had trouble predicting who would go over, same as myself, and didn't know what some of the outcomes would be.

But yeah, Mania was pretty good, 9/10. :y:

Shadow
04-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Overall...was quite an enjoyable Mania. Still won't top 19 for me though. But I do have one question to ask you guys.

Anyone see Jeff and Matt Hardy in the crowd during the main event?

Splaya
04-04-2005, 10:37 AM
Overall...was quite an enjoyable Mania. Still won't top 19 for me though. But I do have one question to ask you guys.

Anyone see Jeff and Matt Hardy in the crowd during the main event?

Bullshit

Shadow
04-04-2005, 10:46 AM
I do not bullshit. Only when I'm stoned. Which is often but not right now.

If you taped it, check the main event. The dude in the white hat and blue jersey is Jeff. The guy sitting next to him is Matt. I swear to The Almighty Jeff Hardy this is true.

Psycho C
04-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Hey guys. Longtime visitor (since late 90s), and former poster here.

My thoughts?

I marked out when Batista powered out of the Pedigree. Even my cousin went nuts, and he has gone from a wrestling fanatic to a casual viewer. Just goes to show that you can never totally suppress it, I guess.

The Cena/JBL ending was unexpected in that it seemed to be the old school way of ending a match. Totally surprised me. I thought we'd definitely have a Cabinet run-in. Either way, thank god the "wrestling god" has been dethroned.

Somehow, some way, I have become one of Captain Charisma's peeps. It's too bad that Edge won, ruining what would have been a perfect match. It's odd that the one man I did not want to win that match won.

HBK/Angle was classic. The finish bothered me a little, though. For weeks Angle has been attacking HBK and his credibility. I felt it was necessary for HBK to win just to shut Angle up. Even though it took five minutes of an Ankle Lock to beat Michaels, I still felt he deserved the win after all the shit Angle pulled.

mike627
04-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Hey guys. Longtime visitor (since late 90s), and former poster here.

My thoughts?

I marked out when Batista powered out of the Pedigree. Even my cousin went nuts, and he has gone from a wrestling fanatic to a casual viewer. Just goes to show that you can never totally suppress it, I guess.

The Cena/JBL ending was unexpected in that it seemed to be the old school way of ending a match. Totally surprised me. I thought we'd definitely have a Cabinet run-in. Either way, thank god the "wrestling god" has been dethroned.

Somehow, some way, I have become one of Captain Charisma's peeps. It's too bad that Edge won, ruining what would have been a perfect match. It's odd that the one man I did not want to win that match won.

HBK/Angle was classic. The finish bothered me a little, though. For weeks Angle has been attacking HBK and his credibility. I felt it was necessary for HBK to win just to shut Angle up. Even though it took five minutes of an Ankle Lock to beat Michaels, I still felt he deserved the win after all the shit Angle pulled. Ah, I agree with you on WMXXI.I think that the reason for the squash of JBL is that Vince may have realized that the "wrestling god's" title regin was killing SD's rateings if, Vince cares about SD to begin with. :nono:

Kane Knight
04-04-2005, 11:06 AM
I do not bullshit. Only when I'm stoned. Which is often but not right now.

If you taped it, check the main event. The dude in the white hat and blue jersey is Jeff. The guy sitting next to him is Matt. I swear to The Almighty Jeff Hardy this is true.
Any time that's good specifically to see them? Whereaboots are they?