PDA

View Full Version : NATIONALS!!!!WOOOOOOO!!!!!

Zen v.W.o.
04-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Holy shit, the Nationals are gonna suck this season and my god is it gonna be great as I spit on Washington! One of the worst sports cities going, and such a conservative city to boot.

I hope they suck on the fumes in the East.

VIVE les expos! Nos Amours. Well not really after 1994.

RoXer
04-04-2005, 08:29 PM
With all these threads, I'm not going to make my A's thread this yaer. :( Don't wanna clog up thr forum.

They probly won't do too well anyway. They'll do okay, but not own-thread-worthy.

BCWWF
04-04-2005, 08:48 PM
http://tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28037

Minnesota
Boston
New York
Cincinnatti
Phoenix
Seattle

OssMan
04-04-2005, 10:26 PM
I was gonna try to root for Nationals but i hate redskins so much its hard to root a Washington team. The only home team i have ever liked is Orioles and im gonna keep it that way. Washington is a pretty bitchin city though.

also I hate how they are always called the Gnats

Rain Man
04-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Funny thiing is the Phillies just fucking lost to them two days in a row... Wow the Phillies fucking suck

Supreme Olajuwon
04-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Perhaps if Montreal wasn't such a shitty city they wouldn't have moved. Think about it.

Zen v.W.o.
04-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Montreal is perhaps one of the best motherfucking cities going. Best city in Canada, and ranks right up there with the top cities in the states.

Only place where you can get a european vibe mixed in with north american culture, really fucking hot babes, the french girls are crazy, and the city is loud and well it's fucking greatness. Washington is a piece of shit.

And oh yeah, we're home to the greatest franchise in North american sports, fuck the Yankees, the Habs own.

We spit on your boring sport. It is for fat asses who abuse steroids like no others.

BCWWF
04-07-2005, 10:18 PM
What makes you so sure that hockey players aren't on steroids.

Zen v.W.o.
04-07-2005, 10:23 PM
You cant be totally sure about this but consider this at least.

Pro players are permitted to go to the olympics, and the IOC does very strict drug testing all the time..we know at the least the top stars with skill are not on them. Besides I'm not so sure why steroids would be used by any player cept the enforcers of the league who have to fight alot.

In baseball a skill enhancing drug is much more desirable as it isnt like hockey where the game is more team oriented. When you are up to bat, it's just you against the pitcher. One on one.

The Gooch
04-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Perhaps if Montreal wasn't such a shitty city they wouldn't have moved. Think about it.

The Economics of baseball and the location of the Stadium killed the sport in Montreal.

Montreal was great in 1994 and then the strike happened. A lot of interest in baseball throughout Canada was lost when this happened. They would never rival the Habs in terms of popularity, but they were a big deal until the strike ended it all.

Watch any allstar game and count all the ex-Expos it is quite sad. If they had managed to keep some of those players who knows whether or not they would be in D.C right now. A salary cap would have saved them in my opinion.

I am glad that I got to go to their final home game. The players were pretty much a bunch of nobodies, but they did show some clips on the big screen of those who made the Expos great.

BCWWF
04-08-2005, 01:43 PM
You cant be totally sure about this but consider this at least.

Pro players are permitted to go to the olympics, and the IOC does very strict drug testing all the time..we know at the least the top stars with skill are not on them. Besides I'm not so sure why steroids would be used by any player cept the enforcers of the league who have to fight alot.

In baseball a skill enhancing drug is much more desirable as it isnt like hockey where the game is more team oriented. When you are up to bat, it's just you against the pitcher. One on one.
You are incredibly naive and don't know much about steroids. They would help you in hockey an incredible amount. Bigger, faster, stronger...

The Gooch
04-08-2005, 02:24 PM
I personally believe that any league where there are no rules against steriods, there is abuse. Hockey players are known to be Sudafed junkies, but you can't tell me that with the abuse that you endure from playing at that level that some players wouldn't be taking steriods to help recover from injuries, especially those on the 3rd and 4th line who can least afford to be injured.

Zen v.W.o.
04-08-2005, 03:38 PM
You are incredibly naive and don't know much about steroids. They would help you in hockey an incredible amount. Bigger, faster, stronger...

My stance is that the star players really aren't taking them. I did not say they were drug free in that league but it is far less severe then in baseball.
Besides, I think it is less needed in a game that relies mostly on team effort.

The Outlaw
04-08-2005, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I would have to agree that Montreal sucks dick.

BCWWF
04-08-2005, 11:51 PM
My stance is that the star players really aren't taking them. I did not say they were drug free in that league but it is far less severe then in baseball.
Besides, I think it is less needed in a game that relies mostly on team effort.
I hate to play the Moonax card, but thats really just you being naive with no basis. Hockey players are big, fast, and angry. A hockey player taking steroids could increase their power, speed, and endurance. Those are all very important physical aspects of hockey, so obviously steroids could improve your performance quite a bit. You wouldn't think soccer players or NFL punters would take steroids either, but we know that they do.

Zen v.W.o.
04-08-2005, 11:55 PM
That's fine then. I'll not deny it is entirely possible. But we need to see evidence of this to lay guilt upon them.

I will say the star players have thus far been clean or have done a damn good job of covering it up.

BCWWF
04-09-2005, 03:19 AM
Baseball, football, soccer, track, cycling, did a good job covering it up, so its not something you should rule out. I would have thought less of it before it turned out that most of the Carolina Panthers were on something only two years ago when the NFL has such a "Strict" policy