PDA

View Full Version : WWE Raw Rating: Highest This Year

Loose Cannon
04-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Even with competition from the NCAA basketball finals, last night's Raw scored a 4.3 rating. This is WWE's best RAW rating this year.

**Credit Wrestlingplanet.com

:y: :y:

Taker Fan
04-05-2005, 09:51 PM
I guess a couple more people fell asleep during CSI...:shifty:..just kidding, I actually said to my friend earlier on Monday that no one is probably gonna watch RAW bc of the NCAA Finals.. but I guess I was wrong. Thats good news for the WWE :y:

Kane Knight
04-05-2005, 09:54 PM
I wonder why.

Loose Cannon
04-05-2005, 09:55 PM
the test is going to be next week to see if people are still interested. It would really surprise me if it hit 4 again.

Draft will be soon anyway, so the ratings will go back up for that.

Cool King
04-05-2005, 09:59 PM
I've noticed that RAW looks like it's going back to the "Attitude" style,slowly.

PullMyFinger
04-05-2005, 10:03 PM
I've noticed that RAW looks like it's going back to the "Attitude" style,slowly.
You've noticed that too???

This year is the first year where WWE seems to be on an upward scale.

Well here's probably why ratings were big last night...

1. People are interested in seeing Batista pulverize others.

2. Stone Cold Steve Austin...that segment with Maven and Dean was hilarious. Maven's got some damn good talent...him, Dean, and SCSA made a great segment. Vince needs to keep SCSA b/c he brings in ratings.

3. Great matches...I'm slowing breaking into Shelton's fan base.

4. Hogan's segment probably contributed to some ratings as people were like "huh?" when they channel surfed and decided to tune in.

As for Smackdown! though...that's kinda going nowhere...poor show.

Kane Knight
04-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Smackdown is slowly dying.

PullMyFinger
04-05-2005, 10:09 PM
Smackdown is slowly dying.
:y:

Gouda
04-05-2005, 10:11 PM
They can rebuild it.They have the technology.

Loose Cannon
04-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Well, they better send some "names" to Smackdown for the draft.

Benoit, HBK, Jericho, Orton.. all good choices. But don't send Angle, Guerrero, Taker or Rey to Raw or some shit. keep that shit balanced.

I would like Cena to go to Raw because of the whole FCC thing though.

McLegend
04-05-2005, 10:13 PM
Acutally since about when Orton won the title in September it feels like Raw has been more about Wrestling then promos and all the other things.

Well maybe not since September but recently thats what it feels like.

Mayo
04-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Yeah the Edge/Benoit match was terrific, as well as the triple threat match. Add Stone Cold and Batista's first night as champ and you get ratings.

PullMyFinger
04-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Acutally since about when Orton won the title in September it feels like Raw has been more about Wrestling then promos and all the other things.

Well maybe not since September but recently thats what it feels like.
Marks like a combination of good promos and some nice matches. I don't think the average fan would want quality wrestling with limited promos.

McLegend
04-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Marks like a combination of good promos and some nice matches. I don't think the average fan would want quality wrestling with limited promos.
You might be right, but I was saying thats the way it's been recently. More wrestling then promos. Unlike the attitude era where there was very little wrestling. :y:

V
04-05-2005, 10:23 PM
smackdown isn't dying now that Cena is the champ

Taker doesn't seem as stale anymore after owning Orton, also Angle's victory over HBK, was almost like a win for smackdown over raw.

The only bad thing I see is eddie's credibility is going downhill after losing to rey so many times.

aaaaand, since JBL isn't champ.. if he doesn't rematch for the title he can do something to help the non-main event scene as well

Gouda
04-05-2005, 10:26 PM
Well I have a feeling HBK will be on Smackdown soon enough. After all he said he'll bring the fans HBK/Angle II soon enough.

PullMyFinger
04-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Well I have a feeling HBK will be on Smackdown soon enough. After all he said he'll bring the fans HBK/Angle II soon enough.
I hope so.

Kane Knight
04-05-2005, 10:34 PM
They can rebuild it.They have the technology.
But the WWE won'tspend 6,000,000 dollars unless it's promoting Triple H's regaining the title.

Londoner
04-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Whats the point in sending orton to smackdown when hes out for 4-6 months?Though that was the original plan i think cos hes been appearing on sd alot recently cos of the taker feud. Hbk to smackdown is a must. Would love to see a hbk angle rematch. I dunno who cena is gonna feud with on sd which is why i feel sd is dying cos they havent got many main eventers to draw in the ratings.

RemyRed
04-05-2005, 11:18 PM
He could feud with Angle, then possibly heel Guererro.

Ruien
04-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Smackdown died when Carlito (or however u spell it) got injured.

PullMyFinger
04-05-2005, 11:28 PM
More negative rep for misspelling injured. :nono:

Kane Knight
04-05-2005, 11:57 PM
Or being a retard.

Ruien
04-06-2005, 12:19 AM
More negative rep for misspelling injured. :nono:

2 Neg Points, thx?

KingofOldSchool
04-06-2005, 01:47 AM
They need to trade Batista for Cena.

I'm banking on a Taker/Batista match at Summerslam.

Kane Knight
04-06-2005, 11:04 AM
They need to trade Batista for Cena.

I'm banking on a Taker/Batista match at Summerslam.
Oh God, another talent squashed.

Londoner
04-06-2005, 11:16 AM
You know i could see batista beating taker, that would be a credible loss for taker, but i want batista on raw because he remains the only competition for hhh.Until ofcourse HHH creates a six man stable and makes it impossible for anyone to take the title off of him.

500th post..atlast! :cool:

jjmoney21
04-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Hey here is an idea, get rid of the dead talent. Mainly put all the guys that dont do anything down to Heat and Velocity and make it a Minor League. then combine the shows at next years Wrestlemania so then Smackdown wont suck. Because for how much i love HBK, he himself wont bring it back to respectable. Cause he wont fight for the title because people say he is past his prime. But he himself since hes been back has put on so many MOTY matches that you name a person that has competed at his level? So at Wrestlemania 22 whoever is the champs, have them fight and unify them, and create new belts!!

Londoner
04-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Please no more talk about creating new belts, goddamnit. Things are fine the way they're, the wwe just needs to write better storyines.

Kane Knight
04-06-2005, 11:39 AM
You know i could see batista beating taker, that would be a credible loss for taker, but i want batista on raw because he remains the only competition for hhh.Until ofcourse HHH creates a six man stable and makes it impossible for anyone to take the title off of him.

500th post..atlast! :cool:
I'm thinking there's a good chance of Taker or Angle heading to Raw. remember when Heyman was pushing to split them up?

Londoner
04-06-2005, 12:30 PM
Angle on raw would be cool, not sure about taker though..theres not really much point in him being on there, they already have one person burying the talent on that show, it would be a disaster if there was another wrestler taking that role on the same show.

PullMyFinger
04-06-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm thinking there's a good chance of Taker or Angle heading to Raw. remember when Heyman was pushing to split them up?
Won't happen then...any good idea Heyman has falls flat in Vince's eyes!

tucsonspeed6
04-06-2005, 05:18 PM
You've noticed that too???

This year is the first year where WWE seems to be on an upward scale.

Well here's probably why ratings were big last night...

1. People are interested in seeing Batista pulverize others.
If we're gonna have a Goldberg part 2, I'd rather go back to the shitty days of 2004...

2. Stone Cold Steve Austin...that segment with Maven and Dean was hilarious. Maven's got some damn good talent...him, Dean, and SCSA made a great segment. Vince needs to keep SCSA b/c he brings in ratings.

Stone Cold sucked out the last bit of awesomeness that Raw could have had last Monday. Austin's boring, and the only reason I stayed awake through the whole thing was because Dean made it interesting. When Austin started with the "I'll drink your stuff if you have a beer with me" crap, I couldn't help but think "This is the lamest bunch of fanboy shit I've ever seen in my life. Marks be damned, this shit sucks!"

3. Great matches...I'm slowing breaking into Shelton's fan base.

I'll admit. A couple of the matches were worth it.

4. Hogan's segment probably contributed to some ratings as people were like "huh?" when they channel surfed and decided to tune in.

Alright! Fess up! There's only two people who would say that Hogan caused any kind of ratings jump. One of them is Hogan, and the other is that gangly little critter who lives in the wrinkles of his nut sac. Which one are you!?!?!

Loose Cannon
04-06-2005, 05:46 PM
LOL, you always seem to be pissed off. You alright man?

Savio
04-06-2005, 05:53 PM
Thats TS6 to you LC.

Kane Knight
04-06-2005, 05:54 PM
Won't happen then...any good idea Heyman has falls flat in Vince's eyes!
With the promise of Angle/HBK 2...

jjmoney21
04-06-2005, 06:29 PM
have you seen the shitty belts, using the WCW belt as the Heavyweight belt, pretty lame ass, and the freaking spinner belt. Nice nice!!!! Well on smackdown they dont have anyone to make good story lines with, so if you have a draft, you will have one of the shows without a lot of talent, so combining the shows would make sense. Well you know the story lines arent goign to change that drastically. Look combined shows= ratings, not combined 2002-present= crap. Get a clue!!!

John la Rock
04-06-2005, 06:36 PM
the first Raw after Wrestlemania, Hogan, Austin, and Piper's appearances all incorporated into the strong rating

:y:

PureHatred
04-06-2005, 06:55 PM
have you seen the shitty belts, using the WCW belt as the Heavyweight belt, pretty lame ass, and the freaking spinner belt. Nice nice!!!!
Ok, first off, what the titles actually look like don't really make a lick of difference. For what its worth, despite what your opinion of the spinner belt was, it made sense for his white rapper character.

Well on smackdown they dont have anyone to make good story lines with, so if you have a draft, you will have one of the shows without a lot of talent, so combining the shows would make sense.

Smackdown not having enough talent is exactly why they should have a draft. You send 3-4 guys to Smackdown that are never going to get a main event push (like Christian, Y2J, etc) and SD sends over one big name ( just to give a sense of balance) and a bunch of nobodies. The draft helps balance the rosters and opens up new storylines. Shelton benjamin as IC champion is the prime example.

As a matter of fact, the main reason to keep the brand extension is that the WWE's roster is so huge that if you had one roster for both shows, a lot of the midcarders would get no TV time, while 'names' like Flair, Triple H, Undertaker, Kane, Angle, HBK, would just end up on TV twice as much.

Basically, w/o a split, we never would've seen some of the midcard runs that we've seen the past couple years. It can be argued that Benoit, Eddie, Edge, Rey, Orton, and batista among others would be nowhere near where they are right now w/o the roster split.

Well you know the story lines arent goign to change that drastically. Look combined shows= ratings, not combined 2002-present= crap. Get a clue!!!

You're pretty much an idiot. If the storylines wouldn't get better, than what the hell is the purpose behind scrapping the split? A show full of well-known names with crap storylines is, um......TNA.

As for this actual topic, JLR is right. The Raw after WM plus some big name cameos helped score a surprisingly large number (esp since the NCAA's pulled their largest ratings in years)

Evil Vito
04-06-2005, 06:56 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Nice.</font> :y:

Ruien
04-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Raw's rating will fall next week. Be back at to normal in abut a month

Marcyo
04-06-2005, 08:05 PM
except if they do another draft lottery.

Doesn't look like it, tough