PDA

View Full Version : Member of creative leaves WWE

Innovator
04-08-2005, 05:14 PM
According to sources close to the situation, Tom Chehak, who was the managing editor of the WWE creative team, has left the company. The news was reportedly distributed via a company memo today. Details as to why he left are not known at this time. Chehak was brought in to oversee both brands' writing teams after WWE commissioned Hollywood consultants to evaluate their creative process and offer suggestions as to how they could improve it. Almost from the beginning, people who dealt with Chehak told me he was ridiculously ill-suited to work in the wrestling business and I didn't talk to one person in the company who was impressed by his vision of creative.

It should also be noted that this is yet another change to WWE creative that hasn't addressed the fundamental problems that started, in earnest, when Chris Kreski left the company and Stephanie McMahon took charge of creative a few years ago.

Credit PWInsider.com

Kane Knight
04-08-2005, 05:30 PM
There's a creative team in the WWE? :|

Disturbed316
04-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Yeah, those thousand monkeys must be starting to fade.

Innovator
04-08-2005, 05:33 PM
Yeah, those thousand monkeys must be starting to fade.*bunch of monkeys sitting around with typewriters*

Vince: CMON WE NEED A NEW CATCHPHRASE FOR A NEW CHARACTER! CMON DAMMIT!

*monkey shits on the floor*

Vince: DAMMIT WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!

*monkey types something on typewriter*

Vince: It wasn't my fault........GENIUS!

Loose Cannon
04-08-2005, 05:59 PM
THANK YOU GOD. One of the major problems on that staff the last couple of years was they brought in guys from "Hollywood" that literally never watched a wrestling program in thier lives. I can't tell you how stupid that is. Notice the trend over the last year. They are hiring guys "within" <----(Key word) the business to give input. Guys like Dibiase, Steamboat, Sullivan etc.. Don't know what they are doing officially or if they're even part of the team, but at least the WWE is realizing that these Hollywood guys are basically worthless when it comes to wrestling shows.

Kane Knight
04-08-2005, 06:00 PM
"All the world is a stage, and Gene Snitsky is a baby killer..."

SuperSlim
04-08-2005, 06:02 PM
well I guess this is a step in the right direction then.

Kane Knight
04-08-2005, 06:02 PM
THANK YOU GOD. One of the major problems on that staff the last couple of years was they brought in guys that "Hollywood" that literally never watched a wrestling program in thier lives. I can't tell you how stupid that is. Notice the trend over the last year. They are hiring guys "within" <----(Key word) the business to give input. Guys like Dibiase, Steamboat, Sullivan etc.. Don't know what they are doing officially or if they're even part of the team, but at least the WWE is realizing that these Hollywood guys are basically worthless when it comes to wrestling shows.
Employee: Do you even know what we make here?

Ratbert: I hardly see how that's relavent.

tucsonspeed6
04-08-2005, 06:04 PM
*bunch of monkeys sitting around with typewriters*

Monkey #1: Ok, we need a new catchphrase for this new character. Something fresh!

*monkeys think in silence*

Monkey #2: That's the bottom line, cause..........cause........um............

Monkey #3: Cause chimpy said so?

*All the monkeys chatter in approval*

Monkey #1: Ok, so we're going with "That's the bottom line, cause Chimpy said so." Ok, so what about this incest story we're going with?

Monkey #4: What about "If you smell what Bubbles is cooking?"

Monkey #1: "The 'bottom line' one is fine! Moving on!...."

Loose Cannon
04-08-2005, 06:19 PM
By the way, I'm feeling really really good about the business (WWE) right now. They've done a lot of good thngs the past couple of months, even little things, and I hope they continue the trend. I feel like it's 1996 right now and in 2 years, the business will explode again. Maybe not the height reached in 99/2000, but I see it getting big. All these new stars they have right now will be the meal ticket. Orton, Cena, Batista, Benjamin, Edge, Christian, Eugene (I think he will be big when he comes back) Hassan. I mean, it's all there. Now you just need that one "something" that will click with the fans. Like a Hogan/Andre an Austin/Mcmahon a Rock/Foley. I just see big things coming soon

PullMyFinger
04-08-2005, 07:50 PM
By the way, I'm feeling really really good about the business (WWE) right now. They've done a lot of good thngs the past couple of months, even little things, and I hope they continue the trend. I feel like it's 1996 right now and in 2 years, the business will explode again. Maybe not the height reached in 99/2000, but I see it getting big. All these new stars they have right now will be the meal ticket. Orton, Cena, Batista, Benjamin, Edge, Christian, Eugene (I think he will be big when he comes back) Hassan. I mean, it's all there. Now you just need that one "something" that will click with the fans. Like a Hogan/Andre an Austin/Mcmahon a Rock/Foley. I just see big things coming soon
:y:

SuperSlim
04-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Cena/Orton is where it will be.

TerranRich
04-08-2005, 09:50 PM

I'm starting to get that vibe too, and it's a little exciting. I'm actually interested in wrestling once again because of this. I've actually put Raw and Smackdown on my TiVo, and to tell you the truth, I might start putting Velocity on there too. (To fill the place of TNA, which will suddenly get deleted from my subscriptions list ;)) Good point about feelings like it's 1996 and big things are soon to happen.

What they need is another breakthrough idea, like the nWo was in its infancy. Something so original that no one would have ever thought of it. But everyone involved in the Attitude era or the nWo era has either gone completely mad (Russo) or has become Vince's puppet (Bischoff).

I was the last one to give up hope around 2002-03 (on another board), and I still hold some hope for WWE. I'm always optimistic about them: have been since 1990. I've been with the WWF through their worst gimmicks and their most unwatchable PPVs. I was a fan then, and I'm a fan now.

(I just realized I pulled a Triple H on you guys. Sorry! You can wake up now...)

Ruien
04-09-2005, 12:14 AM
Yeah, those thousand monkeys must be starting to fade.

They made names up for a thousand monkeys?

redoneja
04-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Hopefully the WWE will realize that a combination of BELIEVABLE storylines and credible wrestling is what it takes. No more marriage or pregnancy angles please.

Kane Knight
04-09-2005, 01:19 PM
Cena/Orton is where it will be.
Finally, we can see a retun of gay cracks. ;)

PullMyFinger
04-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Hopefully the WWE will realize that a combination of BELIEVABLE storylines and credible wrestling is what it takes. No more marriage or pregnancy angles please.
Yeah, that wedding and pregnancy shit is just weird.

SuperSlim
04-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Finally, we can see a retun of gay cracks. ;)

Only if they turn Cena heel

otherwise

Orton talkin bout bein the man
Saw him slurpin his dad's bedpan
You think you can step to me
You can't see me
The champ is here
You just want it up the rear
Cena don't run like that
That girl there know that for a fact

then other crappy rhymes ensue

PullMyFinger
04-09-2005, 01:43 PM
They should hire Kevin Nash as booker.

YOUR Hero
04-09-2005, 02:17 PM
This is the stuff that gets them expose however to the "mainstream".
Regardless if you, me or the other wrestling fans like this stuff is irrelavant.

tucsonspeed6
04-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Only if they turn Cena heel

otherwise

Orton talkin bout bein the man
Saw him slurpin his dad's bedpan
You think you can step to me
You can't see me
The champ is here
You just want it up the rear
Cena don't run like that
That girl there know that for a fact

then other crappy rhymes ensue
Cena should have an entourage. One guy beat boxes like this:
"Poop-iddy poop -a- poop poop -a- poopy!
Poop-iddy poop -a- poop poop -a- poopy!
Poop-iddy poop -a- poop poop -a- poopy!"

and then he should have a little midget guy who chants

"You're a homo! You're a homo! You're a homo!
You're a homo! You're a homo! You're a homo!"

While Cena raps. That'd be nice.

Marcyo
04-09-2005, 02:42 PM

The most shitty angles are the ones where someone dies (IE Lita's baby). That just plain sucks.

redoneja
04-09-2005, 03:17 PM
RIP Al Wilson
At least he got to fuck Dawn Marie

PullMyFinger
04-09-2005, 03:25 PM
LOL what an ass

Kane Knight
04-09-2005, 05:19 PM
This is the stuff that gets them expose however to the "mainstream".
Regardless if you, me or the other wrestling fans like this stuff is irrelavant.
Wait. Pregnancy angles are "mainstream?"

SuperSlim
04-09-2005, 05:21 PM
yeah don't youever watch soap operas?

some chick is always pregnant by some guy's cousin's ex girlfriendss niece's former best friend's uncle.

Kane Knight
04-09-2005, 06:16 PM
yeah don't youever watch soap operas?

some chick is always pregnant by some guy's cousin's ex girlfriendss niece's former best friend's uncle.
Well, I try to avoid them, first off. About the only time I see them is when I'm at my friend's house. His mom and sister tend to watch like a dozen Soaps.

Second, Soaps are probably a good way to go...If they want to switch to a daytime serial format, tape all their matches in advance, etc. Mainstream audiences are also into Friends. Let's drop the wrestling and make WWE is sitcom.

While it's true that the WWE is primarily considered a "male soap opera," it's hardly strictly a soap opera, and soaps tend not to draw well with men. I wonder why.

TerranRich
04-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Monkey #1: Need more ideas for matches!
Monkey #2: Ooh! Ooh! Roulette Wheel O' Death Random Match-o-mizer!
Monkey #1: Too bland! NEXT!
Monkey #3: I've got it!
Monkey #1: Well, spill it!
Monkey #3: Monkey In The Bank Crap-Throwing Ladder Match!
Monkey #1: BRILLIANT!

(Just thought I'd contribute) ;)

V
04-09-2005, 11:38 PM
By the way, I'm feeling really really good about the business (WWE) right now.
It's a good thing you put those brackets.. i almost thought you were talking about WCW :o