PDA

View Full Version : Dane Cook's Tourgasm

Crazy88s
04-09-2005, 02:23 PM
This past week, some coworkers and I decided to drive from San Antonio to New Orleans to see the Tourgasm tour in Tulane. It was the most comedy I think anyone could handle in one night. Very hilarious and I recommend everyone go see it, even if you have to drive quite a ways. It had 4 comedians on the bill. Jay Davis was the MC for the night. He was ok but not that funny. I was glad he was just the MC and didn't put on a long set like the others. The next comic was Gary Gulman. This guy was hilarious the whole way through. I believe they said he used to be on Last Comic Standing. He was damn funny and it was a hell of a way to start the whole show. The next comic was Robert Kelly who I had seen on Tough Crowd with Collin Quinn. He was also funny as hell. The first comics had may head hurting from laughing so much. They both have cds coming out this spring so those definately will be bought. Finally Dane Cook took the stage. He had a lot of material from his cd that he used but added a lot of new things to it. His new material was priceless. His mannerisms that you hear on cd are even better watching it live. He topped off the night and made it all well worth the drive. Plus getting shit faced on bourbon street was a plus too. Needless to say, this tour was great and well thought out. I believe its on a 30 day - 30 campus tour. If you go to the school where the show is taking place, I think the tickets are half off which is kind of a hoser when you think about it if you just want to see some comedy and aren't in the school. Well the calendar is at www.tourgasm.com . Very much recommended plus they are taping it for it to air later on tv but live is always better. Anyway, just thought I would throw that out there.