PDA

View Full Version : Do you think TNA could beat WWE in ratings someday?

Marcyo
04-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Seeing how many wrestlers from the WWE they're getting (and Rhyno and Matt Hardy just released), do you think they can beat the WWE?

HankScorpio
04-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I think so. If done right....

...hell, who am I kidding

Gouda
04-11-2005, 02:56 PM
No. Those people don't mean anything. People aren't going to switch over to TNA to see the people who they don't really care about.

Dave Youell
04-11-2005, 02:58 PM
No. Those people don't mean anything. People aren't going to switch over to TNA to see the people who they don't really care about.
The same could be said for WCW when that started out and they did.

It would need alot of things to happen in the right order, but yeah it's possible, but the same could aslo been said for ROH if they ever got a TV deal

PullMyFinger
04-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Gouda, but what if TNA grabs a huge star or makes a huge star?

Well, at the rate TNA is now, hell no..they'll never ever win the ratings over WWE if they were on Monday Night. If they got their act together completely, kicked out Rhodes and Jarrett cooled down, then it's not that much of a longshot. However, right now, they're completely fucked.

Kane Knight
04-11-2005, 03:01 PM
I think there's a slim chance, but only a slim one. They'd need a major coup d'etat to stand a chance.

Marcyo
04-11-2005, 03:02 PM
I think there's a slim chance, but only a slim one. They'd need a major coup d'etat to stand a chance.

Rock doing a one-time appearance would boost the ratings through infinity.

LK
04-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Hell no. I doubt they will be around long enough to.

Gouda
04-11-2005, 03:08 PM
Gouda, but what if TNA grabs a huge star or makes a huge star?

If that happens then it very well could.

I admit that anything can happen though and if they do some really smart and innovative (not innovative as in two cage matches in one night) they could have a chance.

Kane Knight
04-11-2005, 03:36 PM
This is the slim chance and coup I mentioned.

Getting the most GAYlectrifying man in Sports Entertainment to make even a single appearance would be huge, and MIGHT actually be the salvation. However, they'd need a rason for people to keep tuning in. And Dusty Rhodes' fans aren't large enough a group. I mean, they may weigh a totall of 16 tons, but there are only nine of them.

Jarrett as champ? Not a draw.

So what do they do? They need a big name for exposure, but they also need something worth exposing. And they don't have it.

Kane Knight
04-11-2005, 03:37 PM
If that happens then it very well could.

I admit that anything can happen though and if they do some really smart and innovative (not innovative as in two cage matches in one night) they could have a chance.
Two cages may not be innovative, but SIX is. :yes:

PureHatred
04-11-2005, 03:43 PM
If you looked at WCW pre-nWo, they were in similar shape as what TNA looks like now. As a matter of fact, Dusty having the book seems to be a major reason for the problems in both cases.

So the first thing they need to do is have the Road Warriors stick a spike through Dusty's eye and then fire him. :shifty:

So yeah, there's a lways a chance, but its going to take something or someone revolutionary.

Kane Knight
04-11-2005, 03:55 PM
WCW wasn't in the same shape. IT was already established, and a semi viable company, not a struggling startup with the life expectency of JR's lunch

SuperSlim
04-11-2005, 03:59 PM
as of right now I can't see it happenin someday mainly cause htye have nothing to offer. And from the looks of things they won't have too much to offer inteh future to rival the WWE.

I eman sure they'll have talented wrestlers but who is to say that will change the storylines, that will change the prominent TV characters, the guys that stay at the top?

I want to be optimistic but sometimes you have to be real.

Lamuella
04-11-2005, 04:02 PM
probably not. Certainly not any time soon.

To beat WWE in the ratings, TNA would need an established show on a more high profile channel than FSN. They would need national exposure for marketing campaigns, and a touring schedule.

They would need in short to be a very very well established brand.

PureHatred
04-11-2005, 04:31 PM
WCW wasn't in the same shape. IT was already established, and a semi viable company, not a struggling startup with the life expectency of JR's lunch

Both companies had shitty writing. Both companies were losing money, but seemed not to care because they had big companies bankrolling them. Both had shitty TV deals (remember, until September of 1995, WCW only had their Saturday Night TV show). And both were being killed by bookers who relied too much on guys that fanswere sick of seeing.

I know WCW was far more established and had more recognizable names. But I think there's a comparison to be made there.

Innovator
04-11-2005, 04:45 PM
They ditch Dusty and Jarrett finally jobs....maybe

Kane Knight
04-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Both companies had shitty writing. Both companies were losing money, but seemed not to care because they had big companies bankrolling them. Both had shitty TV deals (remember, until September of 1995, WCW only had their Saturday Night TV show). And both were being killed by bookers who relied too much on guys that fanswere sick of seeing.

I know WCW was far more established and had more recognizable names. But I think there's a comparison to be made there.
And it's a weak comparison, because TNA would need to be touring and have a more recognisable roster/be a more established company before it could compete. WCW, crappy as it was doing, already HAD both.

Gouda
04-12-2005, 01:50 AM
Two cages may not be innovative, but SIX is. :yes:

Damn... I didn't know... Just read that they're having the whole PPV inside the cage...

Seriously... What the hell....

Kane Knight
04-12-2005, 02:19 AM
They ran out of ideas. They thought "If one cage match is exciting, six cage matches will be ten times as exciting!"

I think they should rename it "Pissbreak of steel."

Or at least put all the Smarks in a cage with Jarrett.

The Fitz
04-12-2005, 02:41 AM
There's no "It's possible" so I went with Probably.

Kane Knight
04-12-2005, 02:42 AM
Maybe my plan to sex up a PTB would work on Dusty Rhodes or PLanet JArrett.

Dave Youell
04-12-2005, 03:24 AM
Really?

Doesn't for Raw, why would it for a different show?

NoRoolz
04-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Although to us the talent WWE is releasing are great-talents, to the average mark, they are nobodies. Marks would much rather see Goldberg than Shelton Benjamin, so having guys like Rhyno and Matt Hardy would draw our attention, but for a TNA following mark (if there's any) these guys would be treated the same as a midcard TNA wrestler.

PullMyFinger
04-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Really?

Doesn't for Raw, why would it for a different show?
Probably because of the shock that it would generate. I think the shock is that the Rock joined with the competition team.

Roolz, you're right...I don't think there is a TNA mark. I think all the TNA fans are WWE smarts.

redoneja
04-12-2005, 08:29 PM
TNA can beat WWE.
TNA should focus on becoming a WRESTLING company through and through. Now, when the business goes through a period in which casual fans are drawn in en masse(ex: the Attitude Era) then WWE will domnate. But when the business goes thru a down turn, wrestling smarks and smarts will want the company with the better wrestling, while the casuals will just go away. Thus, if TNA is the legit WRESTLING company, it will get better ratings. Big names are good, but they aren't necessary. Look at ECW. Back in 1995-1997(before they began to regularly air PPVs) they had only one wrestler who had good national recognition- Terry Funk. Sure, Foley was there but he really didn't hit a stride until coming to WWE. ECW was built up through quality wrestling and a strong fan base(which TNA desperately needs).