PDA

View Full Version : The Huge First Annual Rate The Wrestler Championships, Preview

Mister Sinister
04-12-2005, 02:42 AM
<center>

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the first ever Rate The Wrestler Championship, Many Days ago, proberly about 200 or more, I began a concept that has become one of the main cornerstones of the TPWW.net Wrestling Forum Community, It would be known as Rate The Wrestler, A Concept that began on August 22nd, 2004, Just Seven Days removed from when Randy Orton won the World Heavyweight Title from Chris Benoit at Summerslam 2004.. It began with Bret Hart, who scored a 96, a score that has continue to hold up and has never been passed, only tied by two men, Kurt Angle and former Horsemen, Tully Blanchard, It would seem thoses three men will have the advantage going into this Tournament, but anything can happen here in the tpww.net forums..

Anyways, Feel Free to post anything you want about the Wrestlers in the Tournament, like matchin ratings, Fueds you enjoyed them in, basically anything you want, even if it's to bash Rockgurl and what not

Also you can view the full Tournament bracket
http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=99173

Anyways, Let's begin the first of 32 First Round Previews, The First Wrestler will be Introduce with a Bio and info about him, Then his Oppenent will follow, So let's start shall we?

Match-Up Number 1 Preview

http://img232.echo.cx/img232/385/bret8qw.jpg
Bret "The Hitman" Hart v. "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith

This was the first ever Rate The Wrestler ever voted on by us here in the Wrestling Forum, he was the man who began it all and is also, the man who has to be a heavy favorite to win the Whole Thing, He is Bret "The Hitman" Hart, and is tied for first as the Number 1, Overall rated Wrestler in the whole RTW System, He along with 11 other, Automatically gained Entrance into the RTW Tournament, As mentioned before he scored a 96, A score that has never been passed by anyone.

Now let's talk about his career and god damn, Jumping Jesus On A Pogo Stick, what a career he has has won both the WCW and WWE/F Tag Team Titles, for a grand total of three times, Twice with Jim "The Anvil" Niedhart and then once with Bill Goldberg in WCW, Yes the very same man, who ended his career. But Bret isn't known for just being a good tag wrestler, no he had a shitload of Single's Title Reigns in both WWF and WCW, including the Intercontinental Title on two occusions, Co-Won a Royal Rumble along with Lex Luger, Won The First Ever King Of The Ring, that was held on PPV. has held the WCW United States Championship, and is in a elite class of wrestlers who have won both the WWF and the WCW World Titles more then once, which makes him a Six Time World Champion.

Now, as I continue, Please Rep Me, as I will be spending alot of time on this, as many of you know, I put alot of effort into everything I do, which is why, I don't exactly have 2,000 Post Yets, and yes I will be doing this for all First Round Matches with all 64 Wrestlers, so it will be quite time consuming.

Anyways, Let's Get a little more Detail into the Career of Bret Hart for thoses who missed out on him, and please don't complain if I missed a few things on some Wrestlers.

Bret begin his career working for his Father's Canadian Stampede Wrestling Promotion, I really don't have a whole lot of info on him there, however, that company was bought by Vince McMahon Jr, which bought Bret into the then WWF, His first major archivement if you want to call it that, was taking part in a 20 Man Battle Royal at Wrestlemania 2, The same Battle Royal that feature several members of the Chicago Bears in, He didn't win it, but was the runner up, only to be Eliminated by the Legendary Andre The Giant, Nearly 9 Months after that Bret won his first Title in WWF, Winning The Tag Team championships with Jim Niedhart. Bret would make his 2nd Wrestlemania Apperance teaming with Neidhart and Danny Davis to defeat Tito Santana and The British Bulldogs at Wrestlemania 3, Finally after winning the Tag Titles in January, Bret and Niedhart dropped the Tag Titles, 9 Months Later to Strike Force...Bret would slowly begin to become to turn face, which finally happened at a Battle Royal in which Bret once again came second to Bad News Brown, they agreed to split the prize money but Bad New Brown turned on him. Bret and Niedhart continued to Team but failed on many tries to recapture the Tag Titles which were being held by Demolition. Finally 2 1/2 Years Later, The Hart Foundation regains the Tag Titles finally beating Demolition at Summerslam 90..They held on to the Title until Wrestlemania VII where they were defeated by The Nasty Boys, Bret and Niedhart would never regain the Tag Team Titles.

Bret finally went away from Tag Wrestling, and went after the Intercontinetal Championship, in which he won in a awesome Match against Mr. Perfect at Summerslam in 1991, a match, in which Curt Henning wrestled with a Injured Back,,Bret would hold the Title for awhile until losing it 2 Days before The Royal Rumble in 1992 to the Mountie, who ended up dropping the belt at that PPV to Roddy Piper, which set up a Bret Hart/Piper Match at WMVII, in which Hart regained the IC Title...He held it, defeating Rick Martel at UK Rampage, before losing it to British Bulldog, who is his Oppenent in the First Round of the Tournament might I add, in what is almost without a doubt, one of the Top 5 Greatest Intercontinetal Title Matches!

Being Happy with his performance at Summerslam 92 against his Brother and Law British Bulldog, Bret focused his mind on a bigger prize, The WWF Championship, which he won for the First Time at a House Show versus The Nature Boy Ric Flair...WOO!! Maybe that's why Flair dislikes Hart, I dunno..Anyways Bret would defeat his title sucessfully against two members of the Kliq in Shawn Michael and Razor Ramon...Finally Bret lost the Title to Yokozuna, in what was a fucked up job by Vince in booking, not Hart losing the Title, but having Hogan come in, a few moments afterwards, and win the Title instantly from Yoko

Bret would go on to win the King Of The Ring, only to get attacked by the Puppet loving Jerry "The King" Lawler, starting a major fued between the two,, The two had a match with Hart originally won, causing Lawler to tap out to the Sharpshooter, but Bret refused to release the hold which resulted in the decesion being reversed...Hart and his family consisting of Bruce, Keith, himself and Owen Hart v. Jerry Lawler Knights, who Lawler was replaced by Shawn Michaels, Owen was the only member of his team eliminated, and vented his anger on Bret, beginning a legendary fued, Bret would go on to win the Royal Rumble along side Lex Luger, which both earned Title Shots...However at that Wrestlemania, Bret had to wrestle two matches, first in the opening match, he lost to Owen Hart, then later in the night, defeated Yokozuna to win the WWF Championship for a second time!

Bret was finally schedule to defend against his brother Owen who won the King Of The Ring, the two met at Summerslam in an amazing Cage match which saw Bret Retain the Title.

Bret would continue to have problems with his brother, who ended up tricking his own mother into throwing in the towel on Bret behalf in a WWF Title Match against Bob Backlund at Survivor Series 94. Bret would go on, and go thru many of the best the WWF had to offer, getting wins over Owen, Bob Backlund in a I Quit Match, Issac Yanken (Kane) amd finally Diesel to capture the WWF Title for the Third Time! The Title he held on too until a true wrestling classic known as the First Ever Ironman Match, at Wrestlemania 12 to Shawn Michaels, which caused Bret to take a leave of absence...

This leave of Absense helped the WWF start to bring up another star by the name of Stone Cold Steve Austin who began taunting Hart to come back and face him, in which he did and Defeated Austin in an awesome match, Bret would challenge for the WWF Title against Sid at In Your House, It's Time but failed to recapture the Title, however won the Title several months later for the Fourth Title at In Your House, Final Four in a Fatal Four Way Match, it was during this span that Bret fought Austin in the famous Submission only match at Wrestlemania 13....Bret held the Title until November at Survivor Series 97, in which, I don't think I have to give you the Story there as too how he lost his championship and ended up leaving the WWF to go to WCW, where he win the WCW Championship Twice before having his career ended.

Bulldogs Preview coming up when I wake up

Eunos
04-12-2005, 06:03 AM
Brets gonna win this thing.

He won Lara's 100 man tourney if i remember.

The Fugitive
04-12-2005, 07:32 AM
I owe you some rep.

redoneja
04-12-2005, 08:43 PM
Everyone owes Helmsphere more rep than we can give

KayfabeMan
04-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Bah :rant:

When you count the results of this poll, take one off of the 'all matches at one time' vote - as I voted for that one, but I meant to vote for the one at a time option. My bad. So anyway, if it matters, and if possible, take that into consideration. Thanks.

Mister Sinister
04-14-2005, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the support guys, sorry I haven't gotten around to the rest of the other wrestlers, I passed out at work Tuesday Night and was unable to do anything, I can't promise getting them all done this weekend since I have to work and pack, but I'll get as many of the previews for Wrestlers up as I can, but expect some of them to be shortned from the one I did for Bret

John la Rock
04-14-2005, 03:39 PM
ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY

John la Rock
04-14-2005, 04:48 PM
where's Triple H in the brackets?

Mister Sinister
04-15-2005, 12:24 AM
where's Triple H in the brackets?

He Failed to Qualify for the Tournament, he went down in the first round of the WWE Tournament to Batista, who then lost in the next round to Chris Jericho without getting a single vote