PDA

View Full Version : Batista ego is already growing

GODSON
04-12-2005, 01:14 PM
In an interview with the Baltimore Sun, Batista ripped Ohio Valley Wrestling for not preparing him for WWE. “It didn’t at all prepare me for WWE. I learned how to be responsible and stuff like that, but I didn’t learn a lot as far as how to work in the ring. I learned more from Fit Finlay in two days that I learned in OVW in two years.” In the article, Batista also said he is still trying to live down being Leviathan in OVW.

source: The Wrestling Observer newsletter, April 11, 2005

Come on Batista, OVW help prepare you for the big times. Now he's on top of the world and already talking smack. First he put down SD workers,now this. This is NOT a big situation but if he continues to go down this route his mouth/ego will get him in trouble.

wwe2222
04-12-2005, 02:17 PM
His ego isnt growing. This is old news as he complained about OVW a while ago because he wanted to work on his mic skills and wasnt given the time to properly do so in his opinion. Or something similiar to that. I think your trying to make more out of this than it is.

He has seemed pretty gracious since winning the title according to reports coming in from shows and after raw, etc.

Shadow
04-12-2005, 03:12 PM
Nope...doesn't seem to me he's gotton a big ego. More like he's just a little dissapointed. Stop reading so much into it.

HeartBreakMan2k
04-12-2005, 03:41 PM
That's not ego, guys like Lance Storm weren't at OVW during his stint there and Finlay is a godly trainer. That's just fucking honesty. And besides, he was shit when he first got to WWE, now he's half way entertaining in the ring.

Shaggy
04-12-2005, 03:44 PM
If anything OVW did good with him I think. They have him the Laviathan character and then WWE took him and made him Deacon Batista....WTF.... IF anything OVW gave him the better character to start with. Sure if you look at it now its not that great because now he is the champ. Sadly I dont see him as one. He is still the same old Batista for me that should be on Smackdown in the US Title run.

BigDaddyCool
04-12-2005, 03:44 PM
IDK, he is just voicing his concern. Back when he bad mouth Smackdown, it seemed right on the money. Smackdown does seem like they don't try as hard. As for this, I never seen OVW so I can't really comment. But it doesn't seem like he is getting big headed, just saying the suck at training.

Kane Knight
04-12-2005, 04:01 PM
In an interview with the Baltimore Sun, Batista ripped Ohio Valley Wrestling for not preparing him for WWE. “It didn’t at all prepare me for WWE. I learned how to be responsible and stuff like that, but I didn’t learn a lot as far as how to work in the ring. I learned more from Fit Finlay in two days that I learned in OVW in two years.” In the article, Batista also said he is still trying to live down being Leviathan in OVW.

source: The Wrestling Observer newsletter, April 11, 2005

Come on Batista, OVW help prepare you for the big times. Now he's on top of the world and already talking smack. First he put down SD workers,now this. This is NOT a big situation but if he continues to go down this route his mouth/ego will get him in trouble.
Give me a break. You can't even begin to tell me that Batista was good when he debuted. Hes' improved a lot, probably because he WAS unprepared. And this sounds less like he's talking smack on OVW, and more that hes's praising Finlay and being honest. It's not like he called himself a Wrestling God...

adamwwe
04-12-2005, 04:33 PM
There were reports earlier that WWE worked a lot with Batista before his segments to help him. This is probably real opinion, not ego.

EDIT: And it isn't like the majority of OVW recruits have been worth talking about. You can count the ones that have worked out on half a hand.

Kane Knight
04-12-2005, 06:29 PM
There were reports earlier that WWE worked a lot with Batista before his segments to help him. This is probably real opinion, not ego.

EDIT: And it isn't like the majority of OVW recruits have been worth talking about. You can count the ones that have worked out on half a hand.
That's because, sadly, OVW is apples to the WWE's oranges.

PullMyFinger
04-12-2005, 06:42 PM
I don't see how this is getting an ego. I think it's being honest and telling the truth about how he feels. Smackdown! is indeed horrible, and anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themeselves. If Batista learned more in two days from Finley compared to two years in OVW, then that place really needs to fix shit up.

Savio
04-12-2005, 06:44 PM
What did he say about SD!?

PullMyFinger
04-12-2005, 06:53 PM
He said that the two shows were not even comparable and that Raw is far superior than SD! currently...which it really is and was of no shock that he said it.

Kane Knight
04-12-2005, 07:10 PM
He said that the two shows were not even comparable and that Raw is far superior than SD! currently...which it really is and was of no shock that he said it.
Yeah, it's like stating that Raw is Live and Smackdown is taped. IT's not really anything that isn't obvious.

TapOut
04-12-2005, 07:12 PM
That has nothing to do with ego. That's just telling us that there's a big difference between the minor leagues and the big leagues.

The CyNick
04-12-2005, 07:27 PM
This is just an opinion, no big deal in my mind.

I know he didn't like how he was used in OVW, because in WWE he was expected to talk, and in OVW, Cornette smartly booked him as a silent monster. As we've seen everytime he opens his mouth to cut a promo, it looks like COrnette wa son the money. But still, I can see why Batista would be upset that he didn't do any promo work down there.

His SD comments were true in the sense that RAW overall seems better than SD (I still see it the other way around, but thats me). However he was totally off base on the SD guys not working hard. There are guys on both rosters that dog it, and there are guys on both rosters that bust their ass every single night. The difference is that RAW is favoured for a nu mber of reasons, which was shown again the other night when they booked Hogan for a RAW PPV instead of a SD PPV. Foley has appeared on 2 RAW PPVs, they've done the Elimination Chamber on a RAW show, they've done 2 HIAC's. Thats why RAW looks superior.

Fox
04-12-2005, 08:04 PM
If anything, I think Batista has been extremely humble since his mega push. In all of his interviews he seems like a really down to earth guy - not the type who would think he's the man and oh, say, shit in someone's bag for kicks. He's in his mid thirties and knows that opportunities like this don't come very often for peole of his little experience, and I think he appreciates everything that THE WWE has done for him. Doesn't mean he can't bad mouth where he came from.

Kane Knight
04-12-2005, 08:09 PM

I know he didn't like how he was used in OVW, because in WWE he was expected to talk, and in OVW, Cornette smartly booked him as a silent monster. As we've seen everytime he opens his mouth to cut a promo, it looks like COrnette wa son the money. But still, I can see why Batista would be upset that he didn't do any promo work down there.
In fairness, with the fact that even Goldberg wasn't booked as a silent monster, it would make sense for Batista to have gotten some "real world" experience on the stick, even if ti wasn't prominent.

Hired Hitman
04-12-2005, 08:36 PM
Come on "Leviathan in OVW" ? Is that really worse than Deacon Batista? :|

PullMyFinger
04-12-2005, 08:43 PM

His SD comments were true in the sense that RAW overall seems better than SD (I still see it the other way around, but thats me). However he was totally off base on the SD guys not working hard. There are guys on both rosters that dog it, and there are guys on both rosters that bust their ass every single night. The difference is that RAW is favoured for a nu mber of reasons, which was shown again the other night when they booked Hogan for a RAW PPV instead of a SD PPV. Foley has appeared on 2 RAW PPVs, they've done the Elimination Chamber on a RAW show, they've done 2 HIAC's. Thats why RAW looks superior.
In my opinion though, I think he was right. Having Smackdown! taped gives people a more laid back situation and they won't try as hard. No matter what, when a show is being played live...you'll have more pressure on yourself.

Londoner
04-12-2005, 10:03 PM
^You still have to perform infront of a crowd though, so its still pressure.Isnt the whole point in OVW to train the superstars to go into WWE? In that case, wouldn't it of made sense to let Batista work on his mic skills?I'm sure that's the way he looks at it, and i fully agree with him on that.

Kane Knight
04-12-2005, 10:15 PM
^You still have to perform infront of a crowd though, so its still pressure.Isnt the whole point in OVW to train the superstars to go into WWE? In that case, wouldn't it of made sense to let Batista work on his mic skills?I'm sure that's the way he looks at it, and i fully agree with him on that.
1) Smackdown does edits and reshoots occasionally. If you fuck up, there's less pressure. Anyone remember the Dancing Fool?

2) That's exactly the purpose of OVW. Like I said, given the odds he would be booked as a silent hoss (Thoughh he SHOULD be, it was unlikely that he would be), it was a bad idea to ignore this. Unfortunately, the OVW promoter doesn't seem to notice he booked Batista SMARTER than the WWE would.

YOUR Hero
04-12-2005, 10:23 PM
Does the WWE not give direction to OVW in regards to training methods that they want for their talent? If not, it's WWE's own fault for leaving OVW without a clear mandate.

Londoner
04-12-2005, 10:23 PM
1) I didn't know about the dancing fool, what was that?

2) So basically it's WWE's fault for booking him wrong.

adamwwe
04-12-2005, 11:03 PM
Its supposed to be a training ground. Yeah their own shows is part of it, but they should be training for every potential aspect of one's career. If they don't teach a guy how to work a mic, they suck. How a guy might be or should be used doesn't matter in training, because characters should always evolve.

Kane Knight
04-12-2005, 11:06 PM
Does the WWE not give direction to OVW in regards to training methods that they want for their talent? If not, it's WWE's own fault for leaving OVW without a clear mandate.
That would be unprecedented.

Kane Knight
04-12-2005, 11:07 PM
1) I didn't know about the dancing fool, what was that?

2) So basically it's WWE's fault for booking him wrong.
1) Nathan Jones. He screwed up and got a lot of dancing cracks based upon his attempts at a Butterfly kick. They had to edit it.

2) You could argue it either way, really.

Londoner
04-12-2005, 11:25 PM
Its supposed to be a training ground. Yeah their own shows is part of it, but they should be training for every potential aspect of one's career. If they don't teach a guy how to work a mic, they suck. How a guy might be or should be used doesn't matter in training, because characters should always evolve.

That's what i think to. i think they think they're bigger than they actually are...

Londoner
04-12-2005, 11:27 PM
1) Nathan Jones. He screwed up and got a lot of dancing cracks based upon his attempts at a Butterfly kick. They had to edit it.

2) You could argue it either way, really.

Ah, i remember the nathan jones thing now. Wasnt there a segment with him being trained by the undertaker and he botched it so they had to re do it, or is that the one were on about here? Nathan Jones is one of the biggest flops of all time in the WWE..i remember all that hype about how tough he was.

Corkscrewed
04-13-2005, 12:49 AM
The initial point of this post is one of those cases where I actually do agree that some fans really try to be negative and pounce on the first possibly bad news they find.

Ego my ass, that's about as selfish as a nun. He was just stating the truth.

Now, if he had say something like how OVW should have given him a better push because he deserves it and the WWE is smart for making him a top guy, etc... etc... THAT would be ego.

Fox
04-13-2005, 12:56 AM

Are you sure? I thought he meant this:

http://batistagetsdown.ytmnd.com/

Corkscrewed
04-13-2005, 12:58 AM
They both work.

Kane Knight
04-13-2005, 02:11 AM
Are you sure? I thought he meant this:

http://batistagetsdown.ytmnd.com/
Naw, I was talking about Smackdown's editing.

That was so awesome I showed it to my friends when it was sent earlier.

Kane Knight
04-13-2005, 02:13 AM
The initial point of this post is one of those cases where I actually do agree that some fans really try to be negative and pounce on the first possibly bad news they find.

Ego my ass, that's about as selfish as a nun. He was just stating the truth.

Now, if he had say something like how OVW should have given him a better push because he deserves it and the WWE is smart for making him a top guy, etc... etc... THAT would be ego.
And that's exactly it. This was blown out of proportion. We need to check ourselves sometimes. The other good instance was the "mutual" departure of Molly and the WWE. While it's easy to blame Vince, it's not realistic. While it's easy to call Batista an egomaniac, it's wrong and reading a lot that probably isn't there.