PDA

View Full Version : Saw Aesop Rock in concert

Esoteric
04-12-2005, 10:37 PM
This past Saturday i got a chance to see Aesop Rock perform live at a club in downtown Columbus. It was one of those experiences I will never forget it was so dope. It was in a small club maybe like 500 to 1000 people came and it was sold out. The concert lasted from like 9 pm until 1:30 am. In the beginning it was some local Ohio hip-hop Help Wanted and Spitball. After they performed Hangar 18 perfomed and Metro from S.A. Smash performed with them.
I became really big Hangar 18 fan for two reasons the first is Alaska resembles, well somewhat looks like bubba ray dudley :lol: and the second reason was i was at the merchandise stand and i bought The Perceptionists CD and a Hangar 18 shirt the guy that sold it to me asked if i owned the Hangar 18 cd, which i responded yes, and then he said thats good cause I'm Windnbreez from Hangar 18 so i got to talk to him for a minute in which i complimented his group then he said thanks for the support and then he gave me dap and a somewhat hug and i was on my way.
Aesop Rock did not perform until around 11 or 12 but it when he did the lights when on low and Voodoo Child came on and he came out with Mr. Lif ( i did not know he was going to be there). So they cut the set in half with both of their classics and then they talked about Napoleon Dynamite and Aesop's love of the PSP and did their new shit. Even some of Lif's stuff in an album thats going to drop in 2006.
After the concert was over Aesop and the other Def Jukies signed autographed and i got to talk to Aesop for a few seconds, he was a pretty nice guy, signing atugraphs for kids with stacks of CDs. I got his autograph and a pic with him.
All in all it was a tight show if u get the chance and u like him try to go to his show

Supreme Olajuwon
04-12-2005, 10:59 PM
:love: :love: :love: :love: "Appleseed" has to be one of the best things to happen to hip hop ever. I love Aesop