PDA

View Full Version : Money money money money moneeeeeeeeeeeeey

Innovator
04-13-2005, 10:40 AM
Ted DiBiase was backstage at Smackdown last night and will be traveling to Ohio Valley Wrestling today, starting his tenure backstage as a consultant for the WWE Smackdown creative team and an agent for the brand.

DiBiase was said to have admitted to WWE during the interview process that he hasn't kept up with the product or the current characters, but was told they wanted someone with a feel for old school wrestling to give his feedback on the current product. DiBiase also was said to have been honest about his faults creatively, noting that Bill Watts gave him the book at one point in the old Mid-South territory and it didn't work out well. DiBiase was said to have been integrating himself well last night and is already being treated with respect by the wrestlers as most of them grew up watching him and have respect for his work.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Hitman84
04-13-2005, 11:04 AM
Cool. It's about time the WWE started re-introducing a more old school style. I mean with three day feuds and matches that last a maximum of ten minutes, a lot of people are kind of asking themselves 'was that it?' (I know I do whenever I watch modern wrestling). With DiBiase being an old school veteran, maybe we'll see more feuds that last through more than one PPV, lengthy title reigns that actually mean something and classic, top quality, 20 minute plus matches.

Or maybe this is asking too much ... ?

BigDaddyCool
04-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Cool. It's about time the WWE started re-introducing a more old school style. I mean with three day feuds and matches that last a maximum of ten minutes, a lot of people are kind of asking themselves 'was that it?' (I know I do whenever I watch modern wrestling). With DiBiase being an old school veteran, maybe we'll see more feuds that last through more than one PPV, lengthy title reigns that actually mean something and classic, top quality, 20 minute plus matches.

Lengthy title riegns? Correct me if I'm wrong, but DiBiase is going to Smackdown right? And the last WWE Champion's riegn was just a little less than a year, and the longest title riegn in the last 10 years. Outside of giving Cena the title for a full year or 3, I don't really see him improving title riegns.

As far as making match last longer, I don't think he has the power to do that, they have to keep them spaced out just right for commerisals.

Now the fueding, he could help there.

loopydate
04-13-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm so glad WWE hired Dibiase. If he can help some of those guys become half as entertaining as he was in his prime...well, he'll have been twice as entertaining in his prime than those guys.

I forget what my point was.

Hitman84
04-13-2005, 11:32 AM
My bad, BigDaddyCool - I forgot about JBL :$ oops

Mayo
04-13-2005, 12:09 PM
Yes, DiBiase was awesome as a wrestler and I am sure that he will help out in some way. Hell, maybe he can even give Orlando Jordan some advice :shifty:

DaveBrawl
04-13-2005, 12:36 PM
Have JBL offer to pay someone to kiss his feet. Although OJ does do it for free.

PullMyFinger
04-13-2005, 01:28 PM

The ratings will dip with that. American's are losing their patience more and more. Do you think someone/a mark wants to sit through a 20 plus minute match?! They like shows that start off with wrestlings ranting, quick matches, story progression, and a cliff hanger ending.

The only thing I agree with are feuds that last more than three months...that's not a bad idea at all and I don't see how WWE is not doing that...I mean how long did Heidy vs. Taker last?!

SuperSlim
04-13-2005, 02:02 PM
I remember when on Smackdown they would have those 20 minute main events :drool:

Benoit vs. Austin was some real good stuff back then.

but with the addition of DiBiase, I can see real feuds being developed now. Feuds that last longer than a couple of weeks. Feuds that can continue after the PPV.

Finally I see a step forward for WWE.

KayfabeMan
04-13-2005, 04:40 PM
Americans are dickheads.

Marc the Smark
04-13-2005, 07:39 PM
So they've got Ted DiBiase on Smackdown, and Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat on RAW. :y:

Shadow
04-13-2005, 07:57 PM
My bad, BigDaddyCool - I forgot about JBL :$ oops

Most people want to forget about JBL.

Savio
04-13-2005, 07:59 PM
I thought this thread was about Trump before I opened it. :(