PDA

View Full Version : Bret Hart shoots on Ric Flair, the GREATEST thing I've ever read.....

olympic hitman
04-13-2005, 11:40 PM
I came across this and just had to show you guys;

http://www.brethart.com/comments.asp

He talks about comments made about him by Ric Flair in his book "To be the Man". Bret pretty much answers everything Flair ever said about him and even told some inside info about the REAL Ric Flair[how he REALLY is].

Good read and definetely worth checkin' out.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-13-2005, 11:41 PM
From mad long ago.

olympic hitman
04-13-2005, 11:44 PM
From mad long ago.

I didn't say it was new. I just said I came across it. There's a difference.

Anyhow, it's the first time I've seen it. I was just thinkin' maybe some other guys here haven't seen it....

Fenix122
04-14-2005, 12:05 AM
if i haven't seen it, it's new to me. :p

I-Hate-You
04-14-2005, 12:07 AM
There was a big bastard of a subject on this back in July when I first got here.

PureHatred
04-14-2005, 12:44 AM
I knew more about ring psychology and real wrestling at the ripe age of nine than Ric Flair knew in his entire lifetime yet out of respect I let him lead the match.

Wow. Calm down there, fella.

Ric has never been able to do anything but his one routine match, which consists of cartoon high spots borrowed from Jackie Fargo and midget wrestlers, along with an assortment of tired old ripped off Buddy Rogers high spots. My dad always called Flair a “routine man” - because he did the exact same routine every night, every where, and was forever stuck with it

Not only is this not the firts time I've heard this about Flair, I've heard this about a ton of wrestlers who worked the territories- Jerry Lawler, Kevin Sullivan, the Von Erich. Maybe its true, maybe its justified by the road shedule...I know I saw Ric have some incredible matches.

Scott Hall was there and often told this story to other wrestlers for years.

LOL. I can see a drunken Scott Hall wandering around some dive bar telling anyone within earshot "Hey, sheck thisshhh out...'member tha time bret made Ric look like a total ass??" Alcoholism is fun :y:

Good read. I'd never sen it and I appreciate the post. I'd rather see someone post a link to an actual article than some moronic imaginary booking anyday.

DaveBrawl
04-14-2005, 02:01 AM
Wow, I've never read that before. But it makes me appreciate that man and what he's done more than ever.

DaveWadding
04-14-2005, 02:34 AM
I actually have that Flair/Bret IronMan match on my comp...handheld cam, SUPER shit quality though :(

Nowhere Man
04-14-2005, 02:52 AM
I'd rather see someone post a link to an actual article than some moronic imaginary booking anyday.

:shifty:

Kane Knight
04-14-2005, 03:15 AM
I think Bret made the mistake of writing while pissed.

PureHatred
04-14-2005, 04:08 AM

What? I was talking about the Akio as a Communist dictator thread. What??!!

jerichoholic169
04-14-2005, 05:27 AM
yeah don't put flair and bret in the same room. or foley.

Evolution
04-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Well, I've never read it before, and I'm glad I did. Nice post Olympic Hitman. Rep for you.

John la Rock
04-14-2005, 12:19 PM
really old news. but still good

olympic hitman
04-15-2005, 12:52 AM
When I intially came across this article, I was totally shocked.

I have all the WWE books written by wrestlers[including
"To Be The Man"] and I was shocked that Bret actually answered Ric on every point and basically let him have it. Bret held nothing back and told everything exactly how it was and is. Bret is one of my all-time favorites and this intelligent shoot goes to show you how much personal integrity the man has.

Flair, on the other hand,[according to Bret] seems to come off quite the opposite. It seems as though Bret kinda sees Flair as an opportunist/ass-kisser.

I read "To Be The Man" and was quite disappointed with Flair's commentary on Bret,Foley,Macho Man, and others. Flair is reguarded as a veteran/legend. For him to "shoot" on others when his problems are just as bad[if not worse] is a bit hypocritical to say the least. Some may agree with me there, some may not.

Bottom line; I hate it when wrestlers "shoot" upon each other. It A]Makes the sport lose credibility B]Make it look like grown men cannot get along & settle differences reasonable and C]Makes them look immature and childish.

I, however, understand not everyone is gonna get along[I'm a realist as well as an optimist :yes: ].

Anyway, good read and it was cool to hear from Bret. Just wish he was still around the WWE in some shape or form....

YOUR Hero
04-16-2005, 02:41 PM
Oh Bret...

You'd think he'd learn not to feed the trolls.

Kane Knight
04-16-2005, 02:46 PM
Well, Bret was a pro wrestler, maybe he wants people attacking him...

YOUR Hero
04-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Well he does, in a way. It gives him a chance to get more attention. He obviously wants it, otherwise he wouldn't adress these type of things.
I read his reasons why he does, but; "Me thinks he doth protest too much"

Old article though, so Ill be a little bit more forgiving... THIS TIME.

Kane Knight
04-16-2005, 03:06 PM
Well he does, in a way. It gives him a chance to get more attention. He obviously wants it, otherwise he wouldn't adress these type of things.
I read his reasons why he does, but; "Me thinks he doth protest too much"

Old article though, so Ill be a little bit more forgiving... THIS TIME.
That's kinda what I was getting at. "No such thing as bad publicity."

I mean, if Hugh grant can gain popularity after fucking a hooker, it's GOTTA be true. :p

But seriously. It's hard sometime to tell when the business ends and "real life" begins.

YOUR Hero
04-16-2005, 03:26 PM
...unlike you Kane, who I think "doth post too much" :lol:

:p

Kane Knight
04-16-2005, 05:14 PM
...unlike you Kane, who I think "doth post too much" :lol:

:p
What are you trying to say?