PDA

View Full Version : A discussion of Dynamite Kid, and other unsafe workers...

BigDaddyCool
04-14-2005, 04:16 PM
This discussion kinda started here: http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29217

But I want to continue it. For those who don't want to read it the thread, I'm basically saying that Dynamite Kid is a unsafe, sloppy worker that got what was coming too him. It is one thing to take risks with your own body in the ring, but another to take riskes with other people's body, and even worse when the other people are green rookies. For example Dynamite gave Mick Foley a clubbing clothesline to the jaw in Mick first year of wrestling. There is also a story of Dynamite dropping some dude during a roid rage. There are probably some other stories of Dynamite shooting or going stiff on others that we don't know about. And for what I know, I'm calling Dynamite an asshole.

I mean if we are going to be so critical of Bob Holly or Scott Stiener or even Perry Saturn for shooting on people and injuring them or whatever else they do, I don't really see why not apply the same rules to Dynamite Kid. Oh, but he wrote a book and is paralized, he is a saint.

Fignuts
04-14-2005, 04:23 PM
No one said he was a saint. But he didn't deserve to get paralyzed.

BigDaddyCool
04-14-2005, 04:25 PM
No one said he was a saint. But he didn't deserve to get paralyzed.

No, he didn't deserve to get his leg amputated. He paralysis is his own fault for stereodiod abuse and all the crazy spots he did.

And yes, I'll feel the same way when Sabu and Jeff Hardy are in wheel chairs.

Now if say Beniot, or Angle are in wheel chairs I'll feel for them, because they don't take nearly as many risky spots as the before mentioned wrestlers.

Fignuts
04-14-2005, 04:31 PM
Also, it isn't fair to single out Dynamite kid. That was a different time in the industry. It's not like now, where guys are broken in by backstage pranks. Working stiff with the rookies is what they did in those times. And it damn sure wasn't just dynamite. I'm not saying it was right, but critisize the ways of all the wrestlers back in those times, instead of focusing on one wrestler.

BigDaddyCool
04-14-2005, 04:31 PM
BTW, before someone goes as extreme to ask if I felt Owen Hart had what is coming to him for breaking Stone Cold's neck, no I don't.

BigDaddyCool
04-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Also, it isn't fair to single out Dynamite kid. That was a different time in the industry. It's not like now, where guys are broken in by backstage pranks. Working stiff with the rookies is what they did in those times. And it damn sure wasn't just dynamite. I'm not saying it was right, but critisize the ways of all the wrestlers back in those times, instead of focusing on one wrestler.

I'm just bring him up because he is one I know. I'll probably feel the same way about the others that did it too.

Fignuts
04-14-2005, 04:36 PM
At least later on he realized that it was wrong and apologized. Most guys from that era wouldn't have done that.

Jacko
04-14-2005, 05:05 PM
That's not even funny. Infact it's just plain insulting.