PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil Outbreak File #2

UmbrellaCorporation
04-14-2005, 07:37 PM
Well, looks like it'll be here on the 26th. I have mine preordered, so I'm eagerly awaiting it.

I really liked the first Outbreak, aside from the stupid teamkillers online. It's really fun to get a good game going with cooperative people.

Outbreak 2 is mainly the same as the first, with the exception of the new scenarios, which include the Raccoon City Police Department, the Spencer Mansion (if i'm not mistaken), the Raccoon City Zoo, Umbrella Corporation labs, and a few other places. You'll also finally be able to shoot while moving, which I think is pretty awesome.

Anyone here anticipating this game? If so, post your Gamertag name thing...Maybe we can get a good game going when it comes out. I use DarkUmbrella on Xbox live, and WhiteUmbrella on PS2 online.

Bad Company
04-14-2005, 07:51 PM
I hear resident evil 4 on gamecube is the greatest game ever.

UmbrellaCorporation
04-14-2005, 07:54 PM
RE 4 destroys. Period.

It's got really high replay value. I'm on my 8th playthrough right now. Not to mention the Handcannon/Chicago Typewriter/Infinite Rocket runs. Good graphics, good gameplay, good sound. All I can say is good. :love:

Bad Company
04-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Too bad I wouldnt buy a gamecube if my life depended on it :(
Is it coming out on any other consoles?

G
04-14-2005, 10:25 PM
It's just on the PS2, like the first one.

Scarface
04-15-2005, 06:45 AM
RE4 is the man. Completed it the other day. Gonna try a harder difficulty now.

Disturbed316
04-15-2005, 08:29 AM
Raccoon City Zoo? Uh oh, I smell zombie tigers/elephants/other animals :eek:

Sephiroth
04-15-2005, 09:11 AM
Too bad I wouldnt buy a gamecube if my life depended on it :(
Is it coming out on any other consoles?

Yeah, RE4 is the FUCKIN GOODS!

I heard it's coming out for the PS2 too.

Could be wrong though.

Bo
04-15-2005, 10:44 AM
Yeah File #2 looks strong. And RE4 is comming to PS2.

UmbrellaCorporation
04-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Yep.

The preliminary date for RE 4 on PS2 is November 8th, 2005. I'm not sure, but I think the PS2 version will have extras. I already have the Gamecube one, but the extras just might be worth it.

On a sidenote, back to playing Rocky Legends with Drago now. "If he dies, he dies." :cool:

Ruien
04-17-2005, 11:34 PM
http://www.flashplayer.com/animation/residentkoopa-outbreak.html

For all of you Outbreak fans, you will laugh hard at this. Unles you hack, you might give me neg reps then. Click on the picture to get it startd.

Disturbed316
04-18-2005, 10:10 AM
lol screwjob ending

UmbrellaCorporation
04-18-2005, 03:31 PM
lol screwjob ending

Haha, I know. What killed me was when he sent Toad into the expert zone and he was about to get mobbed by like 500 zombies, and he goes 'lol fuck'.

UmbrellaCorporation
04-28-2005, 06:28 PM
So I got this today, along with a free Outbreak File #2 T-shirt, and DAMN is it awesome.

I was online a few minutes ago, and died to the zombie elephant. Grabbed me through a window.

If anyone picks this up, add me. We can play a game AND PAINT THE TOWN RED AND SHIT.

PS2 Online Name: WhiteUmbrella

And for Halo 2/XBL people, I'm DarkUmbrella.

olympic hitman
04-28-2005, 10:15 PM
I've been a big Resident Evil fan since it's original PS One debut. That game was mad crazy back in the day and still is with each new installment....

Outbreak was cool, but, just didn't seem Resident Evil-ish. You know, most RE games have alot of cutscenes and are very detailed with in-game puzzles. Outbreak was not like this. It was very primitive and not too detailed. Kinda reminicient of RE;Dead Aim, only with better graphics and better quality. I know this was Capcom's "new concept", but, I totally like the Resident Evil games on Cube compared to the PS2 installments[although I haven't yet played Outbreak File 2].

I've heard RE 4 on Cube was great, although I currently only have a PS2. Looking forward to the PS2 release of RE4. Hopefully, Capcom learned from their mistakes with Outbreak and will make Outbreak File # 2 better[although I found the original Outbreak to be primitive compared to others in the RE series, Outbreak did have its moments the first couple of weeks :D ].

So, how does Outbreak File # 2 play so far[for the ones of you who bought it....]?

G
04-28-2005, 10:46 PM
So is the first Outbreak a Greatest Hit yet, cause then I might just get to play it.

UmbrellaCorporation
04-29-2005, 04:18 PM
Nah, the original isn't a greatest hit (I don't -think). It's worth the 29 bucks now though.

File #2 is AMAZING. From the start screen showing Raccoon City in shambles with a huge mass of T-virus carriers walking the streets all the way to End of the Road (haven't beaten it, but I know what it's like), it's great.

This game is FAR harder than the first one. Key item locations change, similar to the first ones, but it's funny as hell to watch everyone online run around without knowing what they're doing. I have the guide for it and I STILL don't know what I'm doing. I've only beaten one scenario so far: Wild Things, in the Raccoon Zoo.

But if you like Resident Evil, Outbreak 2 feels more old school than Outbreak did, since you go back to the Police Station and through an Umbrella laboratory, not to mention fighting SEVERAL Tyrant variations.

olympic hitman
04-30-2005, 04:11 PM
My main complaint with RE:Outbreak was that it was too simplistic in concept. It felt kinda rushed and wasn't all that deep compared to other Resident Evil games. I'd rather play the older games in the RE series than Outbreak.

The scenario concept is cool, but, isn't as in-depth as the old-school cutscene RE games[basically Evil 1-4]. I'm sure Outbreak File #2 will be better than Outbreak, I'm just not sure I wanna pay $50 for something that might not be THAT much better than the original....

From what you're describing though[Umbrella Corp], the game sounds closer to the old RE games though.

UmbrellaCorporation
05-01-2005, 01:13 PM
I'll put it to you like this. I own every Resident Evil game (even the old PSX one with the huge case and Gaiden on Game Boy), so I consider myself a huge fan of it. Have been ever since I was like 10.

Now, if you've played RE 4, you know about the new (maybe? Umbrella MIGHT be coming back thanks to Wesker) plot with the Las Plagas parasite. Capcom decided to take RE 4 in a more action oriented direction (which was a pretty good move, I think. I just missed the zombies.), with survival horror mixed in (and that worked well. I jumped several times on RE 4, especially with the snakes in the boxes.).

Outbreak File #2 is a continuation of the original, but it's NOT a continuation of the original. I know that makes little to no sense, but Outbreak File #2 isn't a sequel for storyline purposes. Let's say that the survivors (Alyssa, Kevin, David, Jim, Cindy, Yoko, Mark George) all make it out of the bar (first level) in Outbreak one. That doesn't mean that they leave the bar and go to the underground lab (level two in Outbreak one). Outbreak 2 is more of a "What if?" game. What if the survivors had to escape the zoo? What if they had to escape an abandoned hospital, or an Umbrella Laboratory? So we don't really know WHO lives and who dies.

Certain levels pertain to certain characters. Alyssa, for example, is personified by the level Flashback in File #2, an abandoned hospital in the forest. If you're not playing as her however, you can get items from her (she's an NPC in this part), and then later come back to find out that she has turned into a zombie due to the T virus. This doesn't mean that she doesn't survive. It's just a "What if?" type of thing.

Outbreak File #2 is VERY similar to Outbreak 1, aside from the new scenarios, unlockables, abilities, and the ability to walk while shooting. If you're an old school RE fan who cares anything about playing a cooperative game online, trying to escape from Raccoon City, you'll ADORE this game.

Many people complain about 'n00bs' in games, but it doesn't bother me. I'm good with RE games, and I can beat them all, save Code Veronica, by memory. However, I can tolerate "n00bs" better than I can these people who are like 'OMG U GIVE ME STUPH IM AN EXPERT!111one', just because many serious new players are willing to cooperate and learn, and this makes for a satisfying and rewarding game experience. There's nothing like playing a scenario with someone, adding them to your friend list, then coming back later and picking up another game.

Apparently it's done pretty well, since File #3 is a certainty now.

But yeah..If you're into RE at all, Outbreak File #2 is a tad bit more difficult, so it's not as simplistic as the first one is. It has more of an old school feel to it, besides the online thing. Outbreak was good, but File #2 is by FAR an improvement over the first.

Besides, if you already own Outbreak and buy Outbreak 2, you can mail in a coupon and get 10 bucks back. :cool:

Disturbed316
05-24-2005, 05:51 PM
Raccoon City Zoo? Uh oh, I smell zombie tigers/elephants/other animals :eek:

lol I knew it

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/585/585414/resident-evil-outbreak-file-2-20050204041507933.jpg

UmbrellaCorporation
05-24-2005, 05:57 PM
Hahaha, yeah. That thing is great to knife to death. :D

My favorite scenario has to be Underbelly, though. The subway is awesome.

Disturbed316
05-24-2005, 06:01 PM
If this thing happened in real life, I probably would be so shit. There is no way I would/could take out a normal elephant, let alone a zombie elephant :(

UmbrellaCorporation
05-24-2005, 07:09 PM
If this thing happened in real life, I probably would be so shit. There is no way I would/could take out a normal elephant, let alone a zombie elephant :(

I know. It's too awesome.

By the way, I notice this every time I play. Look at the fifth leg on that elephant. :eek:

Disturbed316
05-25-2005, 09:29 AM
Thats not his leg :naughty:

The Diva
05-26-2005, 01:18 AM
I wanted to rent it last week but my brothers wanted Pariah instead... yeah that was 20 minutes they'll never get back. Have the original Outbreak don't think it was ever beaten but it wasn't a bad game, the loading is what really ruined it for us. I also own the whole series and RE4 was different and honestly I thought I wouldn't like it, man someone should hit me for thinking that, it was more than awesome. Outbreak #2 looks good and worth playing, but I don't know if it's worth 50, 30-35 I would pay but as I don't play online I think the value is a bit diminished.

UmbrellaCorporation
05-26-2005, 01:30 AM
I wanted to rent it last week but my brothers wanted Pariah instead... yeah that was 20 minutes they'll never get back. Have the original Outbreak don't think it was ever beaten but it wasn't a bad game, the loading is what really ruined it for us. I also own the whole series and RE4 was different and honestly I thought I wouldn't like it, man someone should hit me for thinking that, it was more than awesome. Outbreak #2 looks good and worth playing, but I don't know if it's worth 50, 30-35 I would pay but as I don't play online I think the value is a bit diminished.

I only started playing online (only got broadband) three months ago. Up to that point, I played Outbreak purely offline. On Very Hard Lone-Wolf mode, it was fun. :p

But File #2 is now $29.99 at some stores. It's not selling TERRIBLY, but it's not selling too well either. I guess because it's not a "sequel" for all intents and purposes, but it's still good.

I highly recommend it. :D

Bo
05-26-2005, 06:17 PM
Yeah I saw it for $30 bucks and gonna go buy right after I get paid. :)