PDA

View Full Version : MNM your thoughts

Just John
04-15-2005, 03:57 PM
What are your thoughts on the new tag team MNM? (johnny nitro,joey mercury and melina

will they be a long-lasting team

or a short term bunch 'o' people.

3:16
04-15-2005, 04:01 PM
I didn't really care for them but I need to watch them wrestle... then I'll know what I really think about them

V
04-15-2005, 04:03 PM
i hate when they have tag teams where it's hard to tell 1 person from the other, like seriously.. why do they do it.. do they want us confused?

Just John
04-15-2005, 04:06 PM
yeah I agree.....I mean who can telll between doug an danny anyway

also 3:16 I agree with you also we really need to watch them wrestle before we can judge

TerranRich
04-15-2005, 04:13 PM
I can tell the difference onnly because I've seen Johnny Nitro before.

So have most of us. Remember Tough Enough 3? Johnny Nitro with the WCW Nitro theme music? His short, unmemorable stint? :p

Gouda
04-15-2005, 04:19 PM
I can tell who Johnny Nitro is. Therefore I can tell who is who.

Just John
04-15-2005, 04:20 PM
he's changed quite a bit hough also Joey looks the same.......kinda :shifty:

I feel sorry for carlito having his show crashed though

Loose Cannon
04-15-2005, 04:39 PM
I Love them

V
04-15-2005, 04:39 PM
I can tell who Johnny Nitro is. Therefore I can tell who is who.
i bet 80% of marks don't remember johnny nitro

but they are made to look alike, that's the point

Eunos
04-15-2005, 04:41 PM
Finally another Proper Tag Team.

Still lacking but this could be a Step in the right direction.

loopydate
04-15-2005, 04:52 PM
These guys are great. They had (have?) a pretty lengthy feud in OVW with the Thrillseekers (Matt Cappotelli and Johnny Jeter) that produced some pretty fantastic matches. They work well as a team, and they play their characters well. I think it kinda sucks that they're ignoring the fact that Nitro used to be Bischoff's lackey on RAW, but... oh, well. "I still remember," right?

Nitro can work the mic and is really good in the ring for someone with so little experience. Matthews is the "veteran" of the team, although I think he's fairly young, too. He's got a good arsenal of moves, and he sells really well, imo. Don't really care about Melina, but she does work well in her role.

I can't wait for the inevitable MNM-Mysterio/Guerrero match. That's going to be great.

Oh, and Mercury is chunkier than Nitro, if you need a way to tell them apart. I think Nitro's taller, too. Plus, his sideburns are cooler.

V
04-15-2005, 04:54 PM
yeah i like them and think they will be great, but why do they make (or try to make) new tag teams look the same. Most succesful tag teams, had members that looked totally different

Dudleys, Hardyz, E & C, APA, WGTT, Brothers of Destruction

compare them to the Bashams, Cade and Jindrak, La Resistance, FBI, Akio and the other guy

I know there are exceptions to both (Road Warriors being a big one) but that's how the majority is

I am just glad they are not Random Tag Team #78 (eg. Rhyno and Tajiri, Regal and Tajiri, Tazz and Spike, Kenzo and Rene)

Fignuts
04-15-2005, 04:54 PM
They are fantastic. Saw them at a house show recently.

loopydate
04-15-2005, 04:57 PM
yeah i like them and think they will be great but why do they make (or at the very least try to make) new tag teams always look the same, every succesful tag team had members that looked totally different

Dudleys, Hardyz, E & C, Rock N' Sock, APA, WGTT, Brothers of Destruction

compare them to the Bashams, Cade and Jindrak, La Resistance, FBI, Akio and the other guy

I know there are exceptions to both (Road Warriors being a big one) but that's how the majority is

Hart Foundation, Demolition, the Rockers, the Bushwhackers ( :shifty: )... actually, in the history of wrestling, I would bet that most great tag teams at least dressed alike.

Also, I just noticed that Mercury has grown a goatee. That's another way to tell them apart.

Innovator
04-15-2005, 05:00 PM
I reserve judgement until I see them wrestle, although Joey Matthews is great, I still need to see them as a team.

V
04-15-2005, 05:03 PM
Hart Foundation, Demolition, the Rockers, the Bushwhackers ( :shifty: )... actually, in the history of wrestling, I would bet that most great tag teams at least dressed alike.

Also, I just noticed that Mercury has grown a goatee. That's another way to tell them apart.well dressing alike is fine, i mean WGTT dressed alike but they still looked completely different

but MNM have the same funky hair colour, my god. The unsuccesful teams i listed not only dressed the same but (to the casual mark) looked exactly the same as well

and yeah they can be told apart, but they are trying to make them look the same

loopydate
04-15-2005, 05:06 PM
That's true. Vince has a fondness for the "old switcheroo" heel tactic for some reason.

I don't know, I don't have any trouble telling them apart, but that's probably because I've seen both of them before as separate entities, whereas a casual fan wouldn't.

Corkscrewed
04-15-2005, 05:12 PM
Their finisher is pretty cool. Half flapjack into a spike DDT. :drool:

Anyway, I loved their debut. They also ignore that Melina was on RAW only a few months ago, but whatever. She made a pretty... enticing entrance into the ring. :naughty:

If they're great workers, even better. I just hope they let them go instead of forcing the slow-down WWE style upon these guys.

MNM :y: :y:

Gouda
04-15-2005, 05:19 PM
I don't recall Melina being on RAW...

Loose Cannon
04-15-2005, 05:21 PM
LOL, just watched the video on WWE.com

Carlito looked funny as hell just sitting back in the chair and watching MNM destroy Ray.

Melina came off Excellent on the microphone just from the few short words I got from the video. Distinct Voice, she paused when she needed to, she stressed the words she needed to and delivered it really good. I hope she gets to work the mic more for them.

Taker Fan
04-15-2005, 05:58 PM
I like their gimmick, and I think that the tag division has been lacking of gimmicks (well, actually everything..) So I think that MNM will be really good for the tag division..And also, if the WWE wasn't so built on splitting up tag teams so quickly just to have a half-decent fued, this is what the SD! tag division would look like..

Eddie/Rey
Bashams
MNM
Kidman/London
Dudleyz
Jindrak/Luther

That's pretty good, compared to what they are at now, IMO

mike627
04-15-2005, 07:14 PM
Well,Melina should be good on the mic Paul Heyman's been working with the OVW guys mic work since Vince seems intent to confine him to oblivion.

El Santo
04-15-2005, 07:30 PM
I like MNM already. They have a great look.

But... for some reason ... they remind me of Lenny and Lodi. Even down to Melina in the Miss Hancock role. That doesn't mean it's a bad thing, though.

Savio
04-15-2005, 07:37 PM
Eminems entrance sucks

SuperSlim
04-15-2005, 07:39 PM
I'm thinkin that this team is pretty cool. Although I'm just waitin to see more tag team action from them

PureHatred
04-15-2005, 08:04 PM
MNM is great. And the fac tthey they're already ackaged with a manager to handle the promo duties give them a real old-school feel.

The debate about a team looking "too much" alike is idiotic. Through the WWF's history, most regular tag teams are packaged to look like each other. It makes them seem more like a team.

Fox
04-15-2005, 08:11 PM
Pretty cool debut. The addition of this team is definitely a good thing, since the most recent inductees to the WWE A-List (i.e. being pulled up from OVW) have had pretty poor ring skills, but I know that these two can deliver. And Melina is way fucking hot, which always helps. I don't see why they had to change Joey Matthews to Joey Mercury... pretty faggoty sounding name, but maybe it'll grow on me. Nitro is the man and I'm glad to see him back on WWE TV, although I wish they would've kept him as Bischoff's lackey, as I thought they played off each other really well.

Great intro and definitely a step in the right direction for WWE's tag team division.

Loose Cannon
04-15-2005, 08:28 PM
LOL, can you people put 2 and 2 together

NITRO AND MERCURY: 5th Grade Science here.

KayfabeMan
04-15-2005, 08:30 PM
I still believe they should've just signed York and Matthews instead.

Unfortunately, last I heard, seems with a lack of options, York retired.

The CyNick
04-15-2005, 08:34 PM
Great debut.

They should have had some vignettes for them beforehand, but it still worked.

They need to take the titles off Rey and Eddie in short order.

El Santo
04-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Their finisher is pretty cool. Half flapjack into a spike DDT. :drool:

Anyway, I loved their debut. They also ignore that Melina was on RAW only a few months ago, but whatever.

They also seem to forget that Joey Mercury used to be a regular on Heat...

... as Joey Babaganoush. :shifty:

M. Banana
04-15-2005, 09:26 PM
Babaganoush?

I've only heard that from Vic Romano.

roach21
04-15-2005, 09:28 PM
They remind me of the Body Donnas from the WWF days with Skip and Sonny.

El Santo
04-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Babaganoush?

I've only heard that from Vic Romano.

Ah, you should have caught Sunday Night Heat about a year ago.

Al Snow, as announcer, was refering to all the jobbers by "Babaganoush". There was Joey Babaganoush, Dances With Babaganoush, and the entire family of the Flying Babaganoushes.

Joey was actually wrestling under "Joey Matthews", by the way. :)

Danny Electric
04-15-2005, 10:53 PM
Plus knowing the WWE, they probably thought Joey Matthews sounds too much like Josh Matthews.

Hired Hitman
04-15-2005, 11:11 PM
I like this group, good gimmick, good talking, good looking... I hear they are good wrestlers. I think they will be around for quite a bit, I already like them more than most of the others on Smackdown. They ARE Cool.

KayfabeMan
04-15-2005, 11:14 PM
Yeah, and God knows that no one can have the same first or last name.

It's impossible, according to Vince McMahon.

Shane Helms (because of the McMahon) became Gregory, then Hurricane.

Steven Regal (because of Austin) became William Regal - etc., etc., etc.

:nono:

Kane Knight
04-15-2005, 11:40 PM
You know, this is like judging a video game before you've played it or a record before you've heard it.

Let's see how it works out, k?