PDA

View Full Version : Carlito's Cabana Original or Typical (Smackdown Spoilers)

Ruien
04-15-2005, 05:27 PM
Carlito's Cabana aired on Smackdown, I thought to myself that it was kind of lame. It seemed just like Y2J's Highlight Reel. They use it when they want to set up a fued. The set up was ok, could have been better.

Do you thinkg that Carlito's Cabana is Original or Typical?

Disturbed316
04-15-2005, 05:32 PM
I dont care as long as it gets Carlito more tv time.

Gouda
04-15-2005, 05:33 PM
Well what point is it to have these little "shows" if they don't add to anything? Just to waste time?

Wow cool. Five boxes.

Loose Cannon
04-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Why does everyone always say things could of been better. It's starting to get to me even now that nothing will ever be "just fine" with some of you guys. Some way or another you'll find someway to bitch about something.

I thought it was a great segment. Got 3 new talents over. Built a feud. Showcased Carlito's natural mic work. I mean, what more do you want?

Ruien
04-15-2005, 05:38 PM
Well you could have them to led to gloating, about how great they are. Could have put Cena in their, instead of MNM. Then have MNM attack Eddie and Rey at the end of the show, demand a Tag shot. It frees up some time, mabey for a extra match. I dunno they just seem typical, if its their it should be used to free up as much T.V time as it can.

Ruien
04-15-2005, 05:39 PM
Why does everyone always say things could of been better. It's starting to get to me even now that nothing will ever be "just fine" with some of you guys. Some way or another you'll find someway to bitch about something.

I thought it was a great segment. Got 3 new talents over. Built a feud. Showcased Carlito's natural mic work. I mean, what more do you want?

I was talking about the set up (as in the chairs and cot), when I said it could have been better.

LK
04-15-2005, 05:46 PM
Completly agree LC. Already I'm loving MNM and Carlito is awesome on the mic. My only one minor complaint is that when MNM had him beaten down Carlito should have spit on Rey.

PullMyFinger
04-15-2005, 05:56 PM

Loose Cannon
04-15-2005, 05:57 PM
The set was fine. Who cares about that? What matters is did they accomplish something with that segment? The answer is a big yes.

PullMyFinger
04-15-2005, 06:06 PM
I actually thought that the Cabana set looked cool...

The Naitch
04-15-2005, 06:34 PM
Cabana is the reason why I watched SD! last night. I was going to head out but then I saw the ad for Cabana then stayed home until it was finished

Gouda
04-15-2005, 06:47 PM
Eddie/Angle was the reason I watched Smackdown but....

The Cabana was a nice bonus!

El Santo
04-15-2005, 07:28 PM
I loved the Carlito segment, and it was great way to get a bunch of guys in the limelight. Otherwise, MNM would probably be stuck in some jobber feud with Holly and Haas as an intro.

But with regards to the set.... I was sort of hoping for something that wasn't in the ring, but maybe off to the side like they used to do in the 80's. Maybe that set-up isn't feasible nowadays. And maybe, instead of palm trees, have a really tacky 70's styple lounge with everything in leopard print. And maybe Carlito coming out in a Miami-Vice style pink and white number.

Or was I thinking of the "Copa Cabana"?

Savio
04-15-2005, 07:36 PM
Eminems entrance sucks

SuperSlim
04-15-2005, 07:42 PM
I just wish someone would have laid in the hammock. Those things are so comfortable.

Anyway the Cabana was cool. I've been waitin for Carlito to get more mic time. And that thing also helped bring MNM to the main light. In a good way. And beatin down on Rey. I mean man it was the goods.

Londoner
04-15-2005, 07:55 PM
I really enjoyed this part of smackdown, and look forward to seeing it in future. It was 'cool' you might say.LC was completely right.

So stop ya bitching fuckheads.

Gone Mad
04-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Carlito's Cabana... that's cool. MNM... it's sorta cool but lose the big coats. Look like damn wolves, they do.

Carlito = Ratings. :cool:

Fox
04-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Highlight Reel > Carlito's Cabana

Still, this is a great way to get Carlito over because he really is cool. I love his cocky, laid back attitude.
Chillin' back while Rey gets his ass super DDT'd into the mat = Money.
Shrugging at the fallen Rey and casually biting the apple afterwards = Money.

This guy will be the WWE Champion one day.

The CyNick
04-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Saying the Cabana deal was like the Highlight Reel is just like saying the Highlight Reel is like the Funeral Parlor, which was just like the Barber Shop, which was just like Brother Love's show, which was just like the Snake Pit, which was just like Piper's Pit.

Anyway, I liked it. I do agree that it would have been funny to see Carlito lay down in the Hammock. Maybe next week.

I agree with LC, it was a great segment. They did what they needed to do, and the highlight for me (aside form the way Malina got in the ring) was Carly just sitting there in the chair while Rey got beat down. I was cracking up.

ColdwaVer
04-15-2005, 10:22 PM

People keep banging on about someone or other being the next so-and-so... I'd about guarantee that Carlito is going to be the next Jericho. Giving Carlito a show segment to debut a tag team is better than the following:

1) Anything involving the Diva Search Rejects throwing food at each other
2) Seeing Hardcore Holly in action
3) Anything involving Hulk Hogan and a McMahon
4) Heidenreich reciting a poem about flatulence
5) Seeing a Cruiserwieght put over some talentless hoss
6) Seeing said tag team debut by winning the WWE tag team titles

I could go on, but I think you get the idea. To answer the original question: no, the whole Cabana idea isn't original, but it was a good sight better than a lot of things they could have offered in its place, and considering that it did indeed give Carlito a good bit of time to be entertaining, I'm hoping for one a week from this point on.

Kane Knight
04-16-2005, 12:07 AM
Carlito's Cabana aired on Smackdown, I thought to myself that it was kind of lame. It seemed just like Y2J's Highlight Reel. They use it when they want to set up a fued. The set up was ok, could have been better.

Do you thinkg that Carlito's Cabana is Original or Typical?
Dude, it was supposed to be like the highlight reel and Piper's Pit. Didn't you, like, pay attention or anything? He was riffing on both of them, saying he could do it better. And here he was, doing it better. At least, by his proclamation. why? Because he's cool.

And while I'm at the mocking...

OMG WTF! THEY DID SOMETHING WITH THE SOLE INTENTION OF SETTING UP A CONFRONTATION!!!!! THATS SO LAME AND DOESN'T BELONG IN WRESTLIN!!!!!!

olympic hitman
04-16-2005, 01:06 AM
I happened to like MNM debuting on the Cabana segment. It produces a new tag team and allows Carlito TV time[which he rightfully deserves].

I'm also noticing that the tag team division has gotten kinda bare. The only real team on SmackDown are the Bashams. Eddie & Rey were just a quickly thrown-together duo since they obviously had NO idea what to do with either guy next. So, yes, it was cool to have a new tag team on SD. And with The Dudley Boyz rumored to be returning soon, maybe SmackDown will be able to offer us the tag team division that RAW lacks.....

Hired Hitman
04-16-2005, 03:21 AM
I thought it was a great segment.

Me too.

and what a bunch of talents :drool:

Corkscrewed
04-16-2005, 05:24 AM
They did what they needed to do, and the highlight for me (aside form the way Malina got in the ring) was Carly just sitting there in the chair while Rey got beat down. I was cracking up.
:drool: to Melina's entrance, and yeah, Carlito just standing there. Hi-fucking-larious. :y:

LK
04-16-2005, 06:28 AM
Agree with most people here that it was really funny when Rey was getting beat and Carlito was just casualy sitting back in his chair and then when they hit the Super DDT, he was like :eek:. Great segment and long may it continue. Also love MNM's entrance with the red carpet and the photographers.

Kane Knight
04-16-2005, 09:48 AM
:drool: to Melina's entrance, and yeah, Carlito just standing there. Hi-fucking-larious. :y:
Carlito's reaction to the entrance was also priceless.

Corkscrewed
04-16-2005, 09:10 PM
^ Indeed it was. I think all of us reacted that way, though. :lol:

Gouda
04-16-2005, 09:14 PM
Yeah... at first I was like.

"What, she's not going to go into the ring with them? She just stands there?"

Then she put her leg up...

"What the hell's she doing? Stretching?"

And then...

"Dats cool."

Kane Knight
04-16-2005, 09:44 PM
^ Indeed it was. I think all of us reacted that way, though. :lol:
Actually, I was busy reacting to Carlito's reaction. :D

I've seen that sort of thing before, but Mister Cool's face was just...:eek:

I-Hate-You
04-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Eminems entrance sucks
:wtf:

I don't get it.

Kane Knight
04-16-2005, 10:37 PM
:wtf:

I don't get it.
Please tell me you're joking. Anyway, M-N-M is pronounced almost like M&M, or Eminem.

Hired Hitman
04-17-2005, 02:08 AM
I pronounce it like Eminem, sounds cooler.

Kane Knight
04-17-2005, 10:29 AM
Doesn't make a diff to me. :D

dalegendkilla
04-17-2005, 12:54 PM
Carlito's Cabana will be a great way to start feuds, introduce new wrestlers and give people who are almost always on Velocity some air time.

Kane Knight
04-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Carlito's Cabana will be a great way to start feuds, introduce new wrestlers and give people who are almost always on Velocity some air time.
Agreed. Which is the point.

It's also the point of having titles, so I'm surprised Ruieieieieon isn't annoyed at how clichéd that is...

the_rock's_#1_fan
04-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Agreed. Which is the point.

It's also the point of having titles, so I'm surprised Ruieieieieon isn't annoyed at how clichéd that is...

I call BS on that. Jericho and Carlito can't get recognized from their work because they dont get main event pushes and even though that isn't all their fault, they nonetheless should try to be themselves and not Piper, a man who worked for years upon years to build his reputation in WWE and EARN a spot in the Hall of Fame, which is exactly what Carlito and Jericho will never get from WWE.

"Piper's Pit": :y:
"Chris Jericho's 'Highlight Reel'": Was :y: way back when but has rapidly sunk to new lows so it gets a double :n:
"Carlito's Cabana": Can somebody say RIP-OFF!? It's even worse when you actually admit that you stole the idea from 2 other superstars who had it before you so the Cabana gets 4.5 :n:'s.

tucsonspeed6
04-23-2005, 02:58 PM
What ever happened to Cafe Rene?

For that matter, what ever happened to that "mystery woman" who was stalking Victoria?

Kane Knight
04-23-2005, 06:48 PM
I call BS on that. Jericho and Carlito can't get recognized from their work because they dont get main event pushes and even though that isn't all their fault, they nonetheless should try to be themselves and not Piper, a man who worked for years upon years to build his reputation in WWE and EARN a spot in the Hall of Fame, which is exactly what Carlito and Jericho will never get from WWE.

"Piper's Pit": :y:
"Chris Jericho's 'Highlight Reel'": Was :y: way back when but has rapidly sunk to new lows so it gets a double :n:
"Carlito's Cabana": Can somebody say RIP-OFF!? It's even worse when you actually admit that you stole the idea from 2 other superstars who had it before you so the Cabana gets 4.5 :n:'s.
Call BS all you want. Doesn't change the fact that the intent is to provide a place for angles to start or be pushed. Which is something you never argued against, even though you cried BS.

So please, go away. Stick your head in the oven or something.

McLegend
04-23-2005, 07:06 PM
Carlito>Jericho

Kane Knight
04-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Dat's cool.

VicJericho
05-06-2005, 02:41 AM
I need to agree with everyone that Carlito is the man, hes gotten over without having to wrestle many matches and hes getting Christian-like pops. All he needs to do is call someone "not cool" and its automatic heat, its crazy how it works