PDA

View Full Version : Billy Kidman

PullMyFinger
04-17-2005, 11:59 AM
You know, I can't help but just get frustrated week after week on Smackdown! seeing how he's used. I mean, people said in WCW he couldn't get a break...but hey, he got a way bigger push/break back in WCW. He was a multiple cruiserweight title holder, tag team title holder, and cruiserweight tag team title holder (I don't think he won the US title). Anyhow, he had so much going for him...even had a feud with Hogan...but now in WWE he's not even being used at all!

Am I the only one that thinks this? It seems like WWE is becoming worse than WCW at holding talent back.

loopydate
04-17-2005, 12:04 PM
"Becoming?"

Since WWF bought WCW, they surpassed WCW in the holding-down department. Every single member of "The Alliance" has been held down. If Vince didn't "create" them, they're not going anywhere. Possible exception is for the Dudleys, but I think a lot of that came from the fact that the tag division is so bad that they've gotten a lot of title stints by default.

Kidman is a very good talent (who was better in WCW), who needs to be repackaged. They looked like they had something going last year with his heel turn, but it - like every other angle involving former WCWers in WWE - fell apart.

PullMyFinger
04-17-2005, 12:09 PM
"Becoming?"

Since WWF bought WCW, they surpassed WCW in the holding-down department. Every single member of "The Alliance" has been held down. If Vince didn't "create" them, they're not going anywhere. Possible exception is for the Dudleys, but I think a lot of that came from the fact that the tag division is so bad that they've gotten a lot of title stints by default.

Kidman is a very good talent (who was better in WCW), who needs to be repackaged. They looked like they had something going last year with his heel turn, but it - like every other angle involving former WCWers in WWE - fell apart.
You're right, they did surpass it. That was clearly an error on my part, and I see what you mean now. I didn't think about the 'Vince not creating therefore being screwed' aspect.

Yeah! When he turned heel on London. I was like, man I wanna see why Kidman turned on London and I wanna see the two light up the ring. Didn't happen at all. Then Kidman and London fight a few weeks ago in a terrible storyline situation that was created within 1 minute, and Kidman looked like a complete jobber.

Also, since Vince has a monopoly on mainstream wrestling (I won't count TNA as part of it till a primetime deal comes in), seems like wrestlers have no choice but to stick around regardless if they like the situation or not.

John la Rock
04-17-2005, 01:06 PM
Kidman sucks plain and simple

Nark Order
04-17-2005, 01:26 PM
He'll never get big. Too many others that are exactly like him except for the fact that they have mic skills.

PureHatred
04-17-2005, 02:35 PM
He'll never get big. Too many others that are exactly like him except for the fact that they have mic skills.

:yes:

YOUR Hero
04-17-2005, 02:38 PM
How can you say Kidman sucks. That's untrue. Is he utterly unique? No.
He doesn't suck.

The CyNick
04-17-2005, 04:49 PM
I think Kidman is a good talent, but at the same time, I dont lose sleep when he's not on TV.

I do wish they would have done more with his porgram with London, but hey, thats life I guess.

At least he's on TV now.

PorkSoda
04-17-2005, 07:01 PM
When Kidman and Hogan were feuding in WCW (read this in the Death of WCW) Hogan said that Kidman was so bad that he coulden't even headline a flea market show. :shifty:

Kidman should have a gimmick change. Like his trademark BK Bomb....I bet BK stands for Burger King. Now if he would change the shooting star press's name to the Vanilla Shake or something like that and get a new move and name it the Happy Meal, he'd be good to go.

Mayo
04-17-2005, 07:13 PM
How the hell does he get Torrie Wilson every night? I am jealous :(

Seriously though, he's a very good wrestler, but his combination of poor mic skills and of WWE not caring about cruiserweights have held him back.

Ruien
04-17-2005, 07:14 PM
When Kidman and Hogan were feuding in WCW (read this in the Death of WCW) Hogan said that Kidman was so bad that he coulden't even headline a flea market show. :shifty:

Kidman should have a gimmick change. Like his trademark BK Bomb....I bet BK stands for Burger King. Now if he would change the shooting star press's name to the Vanilla Shake or something like that and get a new move and name it the Happy Meal, he'd be good to go.

Ummmm, ya whow.

John la Rock
04-17-2005, 09:27 PM
he has no personality and no charisma. at least Benoit's in ring skills keep me interested. Kidman makes me change the channel

PullMyFinger
04-17-2005, 09:30 PM
I've always wondered the same as to how in the hell he landed with Torrie Wilson.